Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Pregnancy Symptoms Poll

Options
  • 14-11-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

There's been quite a few pregnancies on here recently and I was just thinking it might be a good time to ask those mums-to-be if there was any early symptoms that they recall. It may or may not be helpful to all us who still endure the 2week wait every month :(

If the poll options don't fit your response, please feel free to post a more detailed response.

thanks girls.

From memory, did anything stand out as an early pregnancy symptom? 124 votes

Sore Breasts
    0%
    Nausea/Generally feeling 'off'
    32%
    siljaxzantishanemortbarbiegirlSquiggleriPinkDinkieeliza64IvyTheTerribleHereticPrincessMinklinxMay79Ro's other halfMoragL.JenkinsHannibal Smithziggy23cynderoide10 40 votes
    Headache/Increased Body temp
    20%
    fendshanemortwmpdd3pwurplebinxeoIvyTheTerribleMay79capriliciousMoragL.Jenkinsziggy23cyningcynderSynyster Shadowflyaway.JustPassinThruCiara 5Soccer MomGee_Ghattoncracker 26 votes
    Increased cervical mucus after ovulation
    11%
    fendIvyTheTerribleMay79Ro's other halfMoragL.Jenkinsziggy23cyningSynyster Shadowflyaway.Quins5FlugelbluesLishaApril2013 14 votes
    Tiredness
    4%
    xzantiRo's other halfcynderflyaway.JustPassinThruApril2013 6 votes
    Other...
    30%
    foxinsocksNooptixzantifendgosplanbarbiegirlSquiggleriPinkDinkieIvyTheTerriblelinxMay79Ro's other halfjennytightlipscapriliciousMoragL.Jenkinsziggy23cyningcynder 38 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Other...
    I also had abdominal cramps/muscle pains (sometimes feeling like Menstrual Cramps but often feeling like a pulled muscle) and totally went off drinking alcohol. I had begun to think I would never get pregnant so the idea didn't even occur to me. I was about 5 weeks when I found out that I wasn't dying, just pregnant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had a weird form of dizzyness I haven't had before or since.

When I looked at the ground I felt like I was standing on a little hill sticking up out of a hole. Very odd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Other...
    matalic taste in my mouth,
    dizzy, weak, faint, vomiting (dehydration) rash on face/lips/eyes and neck from burtisng all my blood vesles while pucking my guts up. Thrush from week 8 due to high levels of sugar in my urine. very very sleepy. I also went off certain foods.

My first sign with all 3 was the horrid taste in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

On my phone so can't see poll but...

Sore/tender breasts......
    They are not too bad when they are cooped up in bra but when they are released at night they get very sore. Think I will get a soft sports bra to wear at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I'm hoping heartburn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

For me it was being light headed and having heart flutters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Grawns wrote: »
    I'm hoping heartburn :)

I am seriously hoping increased cervical mucus. Having so much of it this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

yellow hen wrote: »
    I am seriously hoping increased cervical mucus. Having so much of it this month :)
    fingers crossed for us :)

Grawns wrote: »
    fingers crossed for us :)

the pains down my right ovary just started so i think AF is on the way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

the pains down my right ovary just started so i think AF is on the way :(

This is what I got around the time I found out I was pregnant so don't loose hope x

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Didnt feel anything except pre-menstrual before and after I tested. Was full sure that I would get a chemical pregnancy. I remember being 5 weeks having such bad cramps that I had to lie on the cool floor otherwise I would pass out with the pain and feeling glum and resigned, so sure I was that the pregnancy would not last.

Week 6 on for a few weeks I felt 'different' I really cant describe it but it was like feeling 'off', like I was almost but not quite coming down with something. Occasionally I felt a twinge on either side, felt like the ligaments were stretching.

No sickness or nausea ever, but very hungry and very tired. Even when one of my twins stopped growing at 8 weeks, I didnt feel a single pain or get a single spot of blood.

Today at 14+5 I have a bigger appetite, and a slightly pot belly but no other symptoms. Nice baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Huge appettite, especially when pregnant with the twins.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I cried at the drop of a hat for the first few weeks, didn't know I was pregnant, just thought I was having some sort of breakdown :o My appetite went from healthy to nothing too, and funnily enough I got kinda period cramps around when my period would have been due.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I was charting so I have an acurate record of exactly how I was feeling :D

Chart June-July 2011.PNG

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Other...
    I just had sore breasts, tiredness and felt like a had the flu for a few days..

Oh I got period cramps on and off as well which was quite scary :o

xzanti wrote: »
    I just had sore breasts, tiredness and felt like a had the flu for a few days..

Oh I got period cramps on and off as well which was quite scary :o

Thats gas, I have a cold at the moment!!! Although for the last 2months I had really sore boobs around the time of AF, this month, I think I have lost all feeling in my boobs :eek:
    Thanks to everyone for all the replies, it's really interesting to see what people felt around the early weeks.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I was charting so I have an acurate record of exactly how I was feeling :D

Chart June-July 2011.PNG

Wow, that spreadsheet is amazing!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hey I can add to this thread finally!

Sore boobs, period cramps on and off (sometimes quite bad), waking up in sweats, bit of insomnia.

That's it so far, 5 weeks and no nausea *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Wow, that spreadsheet is amazing!!!! :eek:

I was using Fertility Friend, I found it v.useful for keeping a good track of my cycle, I found I would forget things if I didn't keep track on a daily basis. Must have done some good cos I got pregnant on my second go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Soccer Mom

My boobs and the wretching told me. The wretching was the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

Other...
    On my last pregnancy (mc :( ) my boobs were tender and they felt fuller. I felt like I was getting hot flashes. I'd feel faint and/or slightly dizzy if I didn't eat regularly. Also I was really tired!

TTC now but at 10 dpo not getting many symptoms. I was roasting last night but that could be down to the head cold that I'm just getting over. I also had heartburn lately but that could be down to the Christmas binging!
    I read somewhere that a sore throat for some women was an indicator so I was delighted to get that until I got a really heavy cold. Sometimes I think that I try and over read any twinge or feeling that I have but my BFN today (early, I know) isn't giving me much hope. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cicilulu

With my first baby, from about 10 days past ovulation I started burping / belching. I am ttc again now. Roll on the burps!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

Other...
    I was tired beyond belief. Totally exhausted. Right to my bones. At night in bed i would grind my teeth. I had to get a bruxim guard. It really bad. That all started about 6 weeks in. Those were the worst systems for me. A little nauseous but it might have been in my head a bit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was a coffee adict and at 5 weeks on both pregnancies, the smell of it turned my stomach. I didnt find out i was pregnant until 8weeks and 16 weeks respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

with my 1st pregnancy(wasn't actually trying as such but I remember a week before af was due I felt implantation pretty bad,very sharp pains in uterus that had me bent over in the middle of the night.I didn't realise what it was at the time,this was followed by a couple of days of light cramping.When I took my test 2 days after af was due I was having no symptoms- nothing.I felt completely normal.Cramps pretty bad starting 2 days after bfp while I was at the doc confirming pregnancy.They were bad enough for me to think I was definitly having a miscarriage but luckely no.Morning sickness started at 7 weeks and lasted til week 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

With me the main symptom was utter exhaustion. I had many of the other symptoms like severe breast pain, mild nausea weepiness, etc too but I'd also had them every single month beforehand too. I'd also had tiredness previously but on the month I conceived it was on another level. I'd taken up jogging once I recovered from my endo surgery as I had fallen out of shape while unwell. I was doing the C25k and was enjoying it. I found the runs challenging but exhilarating. The week before my positive I started wk 3 of the programme. The first day was great, I was tired but all charged up when I got home. I did my push-ups got in the shower and felt brilliant all day. Two days later I went out again and it was like I was running in toffee. I could barely lift my legs and would have sobbed if I had the energy. I got home did my push-ups and lay on the floor unable to get up for ages. Then I got in the shower but was too tired to stand and had to kneel down. For the rest of the day I could barely get off the couch. Two days later I tried again and it was even worse. I didn't think I was pregnant but not wanting to go up to wk 4 just in case, I tested the next morning and saw two strong lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

I had an incredibly heightened sense of smell which made eating very difficult, I couldn't hold a thing down.

I worked as a Hotel receptionist and the manager insisted we used to kitchen entrance - until he saw my face after fish evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ro's other half

Other...
    oide10 wrote: »
    On my last pregnancy (mc :( ) my boobs were tender and they felt fuller. I felt like I was getting hot flashes. I'd feel faint and/or slightly dizzy if I didn't eat regularly. Also I was really tired!

TTC now but at 10 dpo not getting many symptoms. I was roasting last night but that could be down to the head cold that I'm just getting over. I also had heartburn lately but that could be down to the Christmas binging!
    I read somewhere that a sore throat for some women was an indicator so I was delighted to get that until I got a really heavy cold. Sometimes I think that I try and over read any twinge or feeling that I have but my BFN today (early, I know) isn't giving me much hope. :(

That's so funny I'm ttc and I'm 12dpo and I've been getting sore boobs and dizzy also had sore throat and head cold at moment. Experiencing on and off cramping

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

did anyone who was/is pregnant have symptoms as early as 7dpo?

I have had sore/full boobs since around ovulation and it hasn't eased off at all! Frequently needing to go to the loo, waking late at night having to go. I am 7dpo today and since early this morn I haven't been feeling great. Frequently needing the loo all day and have had pale but bright red/pink on tissue when I wiped. Also had very odd discharge this morning, which was quite sticky (sorry tmi!). Now all eve I've had cramps in my lower tummy area.
    I am just starting to wonder what's going on! I am ttc baby #1, so not sure if these are/maybe symptoms! AF is due around next Wednesday. Really hoping as its been a long long road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Other...
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    did anyone who was/is pregnant have symptoms as early as 7dpo?

I have had sore/full boobs since around ovulation and it hasn't eased off at all! Frequently needing to go to the loo, waking late at night having to go. I am 7dpo today and since early this morn I haven't been feeling great. Frequently needing the loo all day and have had pale but bright red/pink on tissue when I wiped. Also had very odd discharge this morning, which was quite sticky (sorry tmi!). Now all eve I've had cramps in my lower tummy area.
    I am just starting to wonder what's going on! I am ttc baby #1, so not sure if these are/maybe symptoms! AF is due around next Wednesday. Really hoping as its been a long long road!
    It sounds like implantation light bleed or spotting, which is normal. If you are worried about it you could go to your doctor to be sure. Congratulations by the way :)

Early pregnancy symptoms for me would have been almost instant booby tenderness, not quite getting sick just the feeling like I need to. Dry wretching I suppose you would call it. I was also quite tired early on, but that wouldn't have been as obvious a sign as the boobs and the sick feeling though, those paired told me I was in trouble :D

Advertisement