Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Pregnancy Symptoms Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Zoria wrote: »
    It sounds like implantation light bleed or spotting, which is normal. If you are worried about it you could go to your doctor to be sure. Congratulations by the way :)

Early pregnancy symptoms for me would have been almost instant booby tenderness, not quite getting sick just the feeling like I need to. Dry wretching I suppose you would call it. I was also quite tired early on, but that wouldn't have been as obvious a sign as the boobs and the sick feeling though, those paired told me I was in trouble :D

I've a week to go before AF is due so won't be getting too excited just yet! The cramping I am having is still there, although no more spotting since this afternoon. Having sore boobs since just before ovulation is odd, that's never happened before. I am hoping its a good sign! The next 5/6 days will be torture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

Other...
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I've a week to go before AF is due so won't be getting too excited just yet! The cramping I am having is still there, although no more spotting since this afternoon. Having sore boobs since just before ovulation is odd, that's never happened before. I am hoping its a good sign! The next 5/6 days will be torture!!
    Sorry but I'm a bit lacking with the abbreviations around here, what is AF? :o While I was pregnant I always had cramping, even throughout the pregnancies when my periods would have ordinarily been due. The first time around that scared me a little, because I wasn't sure that was meant to happen. Once I had a chat with my doctor he told me it is quite normal, that some women feel it every month. Try not to worry so much, pregnancy is such an exciting time, but also we worry ourselves sick at times too! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sorry but I'm a bit lacking in the abbreviations around here, what is AF? :o While I was pregnant with I always had cramping, even throughout the pregnancies when my periods would have ordinarily been due. The first time around that scared me a little, because I wasn't sure that was meant to happen. Once I had a chat with my doctor he told me it is quite normal, that some women feel it every month. Try not to worry so much, pregnancy is such an exciting time, but also we worry ourselves sick at times too! :)

AF is short for auntie flo aka a period!!

I didn't have cramps earlier in the day when I had the spotting, but since about 6pm I've had it. Hate the waiting!!

Other...
    AF is short for auntie flo aka a period!!

I didn't have cramps earlier in the day when I had the spotting, but since about 6pm I've had it. Hate the waiting!!
    I see! thanks for explaining :o I know exactly how you feel, not knowing is the worst! I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts, and have fingers and toes crossed for you :)

I see! thanks for explaining :o I know exactly how you feel, not knowing is the worst! I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts, and have fingers and toes crossed for you :)

seems as though I may have a kidney infection :( I'm off to the doctor shortly, but the pharmacist is pretty sure that's what it is! Got my hopes up a bit too much!

• Advertisement

Other...
    seems as though I may have a kidney infection :( I'm off to the doctor shortly, but the pharmacist is pretty sure that's what it is! Got my hopes up a bit too much!
    Oh no! god they can be nasty :( Hold the thought though until you see your doctor hun. best of luck with that, and I hope you feel better soon :)

Oh no! god they can be nasty :( Hold the thought though until you see your doctor hun. best of luck with that, and I hope you feel better soon :)

confirmed I have a kidney infection :( My back has been sore all day where my right kidney is, which was what made me think it may be that. I'm on antibiotics now for a week, although she gave me ones which would be safe to take if I am pregnant as I explained to her I am TFAB. Oh well, guess I have to wait and see if I am pregnant or not next week!

Other...
    confirmed I have a kidney infection :( My back has been sore all day where my right kidney is, which was what made me think it may be that. I'm on antibiotics now for a week, although she gave me ones which would be safe to take if I am pregnant as I explained to her I am TFAB. Oh well, guess I have to wait and see if I am pregnant or not next week!
    Do report back, fingers crossed Ciarrai :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My only early symptom was lots of really bad nightmares - did this happen for anyone else? :confused:

Do report back, fingers crossed Ciarrai :)

well I do still have very sore boobs, have done since I was ovulating, and even then I don't really get sore boobs around ovulation, I'd usually get it about a week before my period is due. But this has lasted the whole time, so that's pretty odd. I can't imagine it has anything to do with me having a kidney infection!?

• Advertisement

Other...
    well I do still have very sore boobs, have done since I was ovulating, and even then I don't really get sore boobs around ovulation, I'd usually get it about a week before my period is due. But this has lasted the whole time, so that's pretty odd. I can't imagine it has anything to do with me having a kidney infection!?
    No, I wouldn't imagine so ;) I'm the same, my boobs get a bit tender up to a week before they're due. If it happened outside of that bracket, something was normally up for me :pac:

no luck I'm afraid, back to square one...again :(

No idea why I have had sore boobs since ovulation! Better start taking double doses of evening primrose oil this time around!

Other...
    no luck I'm afraid, back to square one...again :(

No idea why I have had sore boobs since ovulation! Better start taking double doses of evening primrose oil this time around!
    Ah I'm sorry to hear it Ciarrai. Chin up girl, keep trying. It might help to try keep your mind off the actual baby-making side, and more so on the fun part in trying ;) These things happen when you least expect them! Wishing you luck for next month hun :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Other...
    My fiancee has experienced 3 of 4 so far. She's with the Doctor at the moment and I'm miles away in Dublin :( I'm waiting on news of results with fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happybunnyme

Hi all, we are try in conceive too and so far no luck but this month I have been feeling lets say different.....
    I'm only on cycle day 11 so far and don't know 100% what my full cycle is ( i know silly but true) it changes a bit from 26-30 days plus I was on the Pill for some time to help regulate but that seams to have just messed it all up further for me.
    The last couple of days I've had different discharge (with stringy blood) sorry tmi, the odd flutter feeling in the bottom of my stomach and very light cramps that might only last a few mins - an hour and a little aching more so than pain on one side that also comes and goes.....

Could these be very early signs or am I maybe just over thinking the whole thing?
    I'd be so grateful for any response or advice out there, as I know its way to early to test but the wait is killing me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lemon Squeezy

This month, since about a week after ovulation, I have ended up throwing out so much food because it tastes completely 'off.' Everything from milk, pringles, chocolate, takeaways, bread, vegetables. I only found out today that this might be a sign of pregnancy! My sense of smell seems to be really heightened the past week or so too.

The past couple of days, my boobs have been very sensitive. My period is due tomorrow, and I've had none of my usual period pains. Lots of CM (which is unusual for me at the end of the month.)

I'm very warm all the time too, and am having very strange dreams.

Gonna do a test on tuesday morning, when my period would be one day late (if it hasn't come by then.) Fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 happybunnyme

This month, since about a week after ovulation, I have ended up throwing out so much food because it tastes completely 'off.' Everything from milk, pringles, chocolate, takeaways, bread, vegetables. I only found out today that this might be a sign of pregnancy! My sense of smell seems to be really heightened the past week or so too.

The past couple of days, my boobs have been very sensitive. My period is due tomorrow, and I've had none of my usual period pains. Lots of CM (which is unusual for me at the end of the month.)

I'm very warm all the time too, and am having very strange dreams.

Gonna do a test on tuesday morning, when my period would be one day late (if it hasn't come by then.) Fingers crossed! :)
    Fingers crossed for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Good luck lemon squeezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

what prompted me to take a test was that my sense of smell was heightened. I could smell EVERYTHING. was making me slightly nauseous as well. I never got insane symptoms or cravings or was even turned off by any foods. did find myself a little more tired. It was all so very slight, besides that sense of smell. So don't worry if your not having huge changes or anything, everyone is different! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first child at first before the test I had been getting symptoms but wasnt really sure what was going on as have never been pregnant before but from reading about symptoms online I saw that they were fairly common so even before doing the test I kinda knew. My first and most obvious symptom was abdominal pain- like a light dull pain a little bit like period pain but not quite. i would also wake up most mornings from the day my period should have started with a light puke taste in my mouth. I would also get headaches but it wasnt like a normal headache or a migraine but I would get mini headaches at the side of my head and top of my neck they usually wouldnt last very long but the giveaway for me was the pain in my boobs and it wasnt like all over pain- it was focused at the sides of my boobs and very very tender had to stop wearing my underwire and wear a cotton bra instead and I got all these symptoms from very early on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

The first difference I noticed almost immediately (5-6 DPO) was that my bowel movements were a lot more frequent and larger :o TMI I know :o I was going 4 or 5 times a day.... Which is funny cos I thought that pregnancy was supposed to cause the opposite :rolleyes:

Advertisement