Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite flavour of pringles?

• 14-11-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Anytime I go to buy pringles in my local supermarket, all the bright green ones are gone while theres a full shelf of the blue, red, purple, and dark green ones. Is it generally agreed that they are the nicest ones? They used to be my favourite but I've grown to like the texas bbq ones more! So which do you like?

favourite flavour of pringles? 199 votes

red (original)
    0% 0 votes
    bright green (sour cream and onion)
    8% 16 votes
    blue (salt and vinegar)
    53% 106 votes
    dark green (cheese and onion)
    15% 31 votes
    purple (texas bbq)
    5% 11 votes
    black (spicy ones)
    14% 28 votes
    other..
    3% 7 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sour Cream and Onion. Damn addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Prawn Cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

The green ones of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Tayto

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Red flavour.

Tastes like actual real red. Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sour cream and onion, they are the only ones I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

eh, as far as im concerned the LIGHT version of the sour cream and onion are WAAAY nicer. sc&o are obv the best flavour, but the light ones have WAAAY more of the powdery stuff on the back of them, so i'd always go for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Those Wasabi ones. Quite tasty.

Like them all though except the red ones. What the fuck is the point of those Ready Salted type crisp flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

I'm guessing that sour cream and onion are going to run away with this poll, which makes me wonder why the supermarkets don't stock 2 or 3 times as much of them as the others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Pringles are an abomination unto the lord.

Proper manly crisps like Kettle Chips are where it's at, where the crunch causes windows to rattle. Away wi' your American ersatz muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Monosodium glutamate, just can't get enough of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Prawn Cocktail, the posh ones.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No chinese rib? Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Salt and vinegar.
    The green ones are horrible and the red ones taste of nothing. I can never understand why they're so popular.

I've never tried the spicy ones though. I generally like spicy stuff so might give them a go some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

stovelid wrote: »
    Those Wasabi ones.
    Wasabi? Srsly?!? Why was I not informed of this wonder before? Thats what happens when you let the wife do the shopping I guess. Pfft, wimmins.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This was the hardest question I have ever been asked. Was so torn between Original and Salt and Vinegar :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Very addictive stuff...

Monosodium glutamate, just can't get enough of it!

Once you pop, there are physiological reasons related to monosodium glutamate making it statistically more likely that you are going to consume more pringles than you would have anticipated prior to "popping"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

whatever happened to Paprika flavoured pringles...they were the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

People actually eat the 'red' ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

Once you pop, there are physiological reasons related to monosodium glutamate making it statistically more likely that you are going to consume more pringles than you would have anticipated prior to "popping"!

they should really sell MSG in tubs or something so we could sprinkle it on vegetables and lentils and other stuff that tastes like muck but is good for us - obesity problem sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cheese and onion while munching down a caramello bar.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

In Thailand you can get seaweed and satay flavours. They're all right I guess.

pic of seaweed pringles:http://greedypiggywiggy.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/pringles-007.jpg

Pringles aren't really what they used to be for me at least. I used to love the old sour cream and onion flavour from years ago where you could actually see the flavouring on them. They're just too bland now. I used to love the "Light" ones too, they came in a white tube.

Out of the current selection I would go for original flavour (red tube) and eat them with a houmous or salsa dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Sour Cream and Onion. Like crack cocaine it is :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Once you pop yoooouuuu can't stop - it's so true, it's so true...

To answer your question - sour cream and oninon are to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Texas bbq rule the world, But while on a holiday in spain this year they had paprika which were probably the nicest crisps i've ever ate.

EDIT: Them seaweed pringles look fucking disgcusting

I can remember a curry flavour from about 2004.. weren't the nicest too be honest! Also remember paprika from around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Prawn cocktail, end thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sour Cream & Onion pringles with Club Orange FTW! Dunk 'em!:D

OldGoat wrote: »
    Wasabi? Srsly?!? Why was I not informed of this wonder before? Thats what happens when you let the wife do the shopping I guess. Pfft, wimmins.

Behold!

http://www.fi.pg.com/imagebank/PRINGLES%20X%20Fiery%20Wasabi%20R75_thumbnail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I used to be addicted to the green ones when they first came out about 17 odd year ago. Did they change the flavour, or was it me, that had changed?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

It used to be sour cream & onion for years, but lately I'm loving texas bbq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Used to be Sour Cream & Onion but its Salt & Vinegar all the way now... NOM

Seems to be a lot of lapsed SCAO lovers here.

I expect word to get back to Pringle Inc and a relaunch for Hertfordshire Clotted Summer Cream and Crunchy Sussex Onion to be mooted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Salt and vinegar bloody addictive ,just get the small tube the odd time because if i get the full size tube i'll end up munching the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I live well within a hundred miles of the factory and I can't get that many flavors. Have cheese. onion& sour cream. Barbeque, plain and Pizza (pizza is yuck) I think I need to write a few letters. :(;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

The Salt n' Vinegar ones made of rice were my favourite. Seem to be gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Paprika ones were sold here for a while: very nice, but haven't seen them recently. They're still on the list, as are Lime & Chilli and Curry, which I haven't seen around either. I wish they'd bring the Jalapeño flavour over from the USA - had some over there, very nice indeed.

The prices charged in shops for Pringles are ridiculous, though. The likes of Spar are just gouging their late night customers, while Tesco regularly seem to have them at half price for no particular reason. Then there are the clones ... Spar's are OK, but those Tayto Toobs things are only acceptable if I'm very hungry and they're very cheap. :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I like the original and the cheese one but my favourite one has to be the sour cream and onion one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

bnt wrote: »
    The Paprika ones were sold here for a while: very nice, but haven't seen them recently. They're still on the list, as are Lime & Chilli and Curry, which I haven't seen around either. I wish they'd bring the Jalapeño flavour over from the USA - had some over there, very nice indeed.

The prices charged in shops for Pringles are ridiculous, though. The likes of Spar are just gouging their late night customers, while Tesco regularly seem to have them at half price for no particular reason. Then there are the clones ... Spar's are OK, but those Tayto Toobs things are only acceptable if I'm very hungry and they're very cheap. :cool:
    It's disgraceful. One of those proper first world problems. I still can't get over it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like the Original ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Damn - I'm craving pringles now. Can I be bothered going to the supermarket though?

Sour cream and onion are the best flavour. Original are also good but only if you put them in a cheese sandwich and squish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

BBQ all the way. Must try the prawn cocktail ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I miss the curry ones! My god they were good, proper mouthgasm material there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

I'm very surprised no1 mentioned the Hot & Spicy. I haven't seen them in ages, they were tasty. Usually go for BBQ in their place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the old sour cream and onion, not the new ones; they're shite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Salt and vinegar all the way. The spicy ones or the sour cream and onion aren't too bad either. Original are edible, but just...meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Sour Cream are sh!t now, they used to be great years ago, but they changed the taste for the bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Gilldog wrote: »
    they should really sell MSG in tubs or something so we could sprinkle it on vegetables and lentils and other stuff that tastes like muck but is good for us - obesity problem sorted!

You can actually buy bags of it in any of the Asian stores if you're so inclined.

• Advertisement
Advertisement