Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big "beautiful" women, are some overweight women really this delusional?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

farmchoice wrote: »
    I’m going to be frank here, the above post and some of your previous stuff is nothing more then a litany of excuses.
    Losing weight is hard work sometimes over a long time, I know because a few years ago I had to lose 3 stone. I also gave up smoking and I can tell you that are a lot harder then losing weight.

The fist step to success when it comes to losing weight is to stop making excuses of any kind for there are NO valid excuses.

losing weight is not rocket science its not complicated, its incredibly simple, take in less calories then you expand and you will lose weight. If you want to run 10 miles a day great or if you sit on the couch all day everyday it doesn’t matter, the above holds true.

I don't think they're excuses. Rather they're pretty common reasons for becoming overweight, especially boredom/depression.

Sure, if you look at losing weight from an entirely physical point-of-view, it's not that hard to do. I know this myself as I've recently lost about a stone or two through changing my diet and more regular exercise.

Logically it's easy, but I also know that that's ignoring the emotional and psychological stumbling blocks towards losing weight.
    Try telling someone with little self-esteem who's disgusted at the sight of themselves because they're obese that it's simple to lose weight.
    When you're depressed you lose all perspective and it doesn't look that easy.
    And as Barbie Girl also mentioned, when you're bored or depressed you go straight to the cookie jar. Everyone does that to some extent, so I don't get why people don't understand that.

I believe that pretty much every obese person wants to be slimmer, and while for most people it's not difficult to do physically, it can be very difficult psychologically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Exercise cures boredom and makes you feel good.
    Going to the cookie jar because your depressed is because you didnt read understand and put into action the last sentence.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Going to the cookie jar because your depressed is because you didnt read understand and put into action the last sentence.

I might be mistaken, but I think you might not fully understand the depressed mindset.
    Logic goes out the window.
    Every depressed overweight person knows that snacking won't cure their depression, and lots of them probably know that exercise will help with their depression.
    But when you're depressed it's hard to motivate yourself to get up and go out and exercise.
    And imagine how much worse it is when you're unfit, overweight and unhappy with your appearance.
    The terrible thing about depression is that you do things that logically you know aren't doing you any good, but due to lack of self-esteem or a desire for comfort you do them anyway.
    Unfortunately you can't expect someone who's depressed to behave in a completely logical way, even though they're more than likely to be aware of what the logical thing to do is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Agreed yes it does. But if you are only starting to exercise and you are very over weight it sure as hell doesn't feel good :D Plus the hardest part of exercising is that first step, out the door. Added to that the sniggers very overweight people get from rude people who see them running, walking, swimming whatever and it doesn't make it easy. I always HATE the idea of my walk, BUT I know once I'm out I'll enjoy it. Plus if I don't walk the dogs I can expect to be mithered all evening.
    It's about how we change the association between needing a pick up and food in peoples minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

[QUOTE The King of Moo
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:
    Originally Posted by farmchoice viewpost.gif
    I’m going to be frank here, the above post and some of your previous stuff is nothing more then a litany of excuses.
    Losing weight is hard work sometimes over a long time, I know because a few years ago I had to lose 3 stone. I also gave up smoking and I can tell you that are a lot harder then losing weight.

The fist step to success when it comes to losing weight is to stop making excuses of any kind for there are NO valid excuses.

losing weight is not rocket science its not complicated, its incredibly simple, take in less calories then you expand and you will lose weight. If you want to run 10 miles a day great or if you sit on the couch all day everyday it doesn’t matter, the above holds true.

I don't think they're excuses. Rather they're pretty common reasons for becoming overweight, especially boredom/depression.

Sure, if you look at losing weight from an entirely physical point-of-view, it's not that hard to do. I know this myself as I've recently lost about a stone or two through changing my diet and more regular exercise.

Logically it's easy, but I also know that that's ignoring the emotional and psychological stumbling blocks towards losing weight.
    Try telling someone with little self-esteem who's disgusted at the sight of themselves because they're obese that it's simple to lose weight.
    When you're depressed you lose all perspective and it doesn't look that easy.
    And as Barbie Girl also mentioned, when you're bored or depressed you go straight to the cookie jar. Everyone does that to some extent, so I don't get why people don't understand that.

I believe that pretty much every obese person wants to be slimmer, and while for most people it's not difficult to do physically, it can be very difficult psychologically.
    user_online.gifreport.gif quote.gif][/QUOTE]

Yes they are indeed valid reasons for explaining how someone has got to a stage where they are overweight, but what i’m saying is they are not valid reasons for staying overweight, they are excuses.

At the point where you have figured out why you are eating more then you should you need to stop.
    Now for the vast majority of overweight people this is not a difficult emotional or mental journey it is fairy self evident. 99 times out of a 100 it comes down to a lack of self control and an unwillingness to go in for self denial, that’s the reality i’m afraid and any amount of psychobabble is not going to change it.

Of course if someone is clinically depressed thing are different, but i’m talking about people who have actual depression not those who use it as an excuse to explain there unwillingness to make any effort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

I might be mistaken, but I think you might not fully understand the depressed mindset.
    Logic goes out the window.
    Every depressed overweight person knows that snacking won't cure their depression, and lots of them probably know that exercise will help with their depression.
    But when you're depressed it's hard to motivate yourself to get up and go out and exercise.
    And imagine how much worse it is when you're unfit, overweight and unhappy with your appearance.
    The terrible thing about depression is that you do things that logically you know aren't doing you any good, but due to lack of self-esteem or a desire for comfort you do them anyway.
    Unfortunately you can't expect someone who's depressed to behave in a completely logical way, even though they're more than likely to be aware of what the logical thing to do is.

I think you are going off topic. We all know many overweight people are depressed and vicious circles of eating and lethargy occur as a result.

However the OP refers to "BBW" who don't seem to care about their weight and positively promote it. Barbie Girl and people in her boat would not fall into this category.

Eh if you are really depressed you cant hold down a job , depression isnt not being able to exercise its actually a medical condition where you cant even be arsed washing yourself.

Im too depressed to go exercise so I eat cookies . But I can hold down a full time job to pay for cookies get a grip.

How about not premeditating your depressive eating and not filling your fridge full of ****. I bet you wont be too depressed to get in your car to go to the shop.

Oh I better fill the press with crisps , I may get depressed tonight and need to eat 12 packets. Then Ill go to work tomorrow and have a diet coke with my lunch and ask the girls why weight watchers isnt working for me.

Eh if you are really depressed you cant hold down a job , depression isnt not being able to exercise its actually a medical condition where you cant even be arsed washing yourself.

Bullsh1t, depression is a very complex mental state that varies from mild to severe.

Bullsh1t, depression is a very complex mental state that varies from mild to severe.

Not bull**** at all these people just feel abit sorry for themselves , not depressed. They arnt on anti depressants they are on cake.

• Advertisement

Not bull**** at all these people just feel abit sorry for themselves , not depressed. They arnt on anti depressants they are on cake.

Are you saying everyone who suffers from depression is incapable of holding down a job?

10-12% of the population are currently on anti-depressants, I'm pretty sure at least a few of these are in employment.

Yes they are indeed valid reasons for explaining how someone has got to a stage where they are overweight, but what i’m saying is they are not valid reasons for staying overweight, they are excuses.

At the point where you have figured out why you are eating more then you should you need to stop.
    Now for the vast majority of overweight people this is not a difficult emotional or mental journey it is fairy self evident. 99 times out of a 100 it comes down to a lack of self control and an unwillingness to go in for self denial, that’s the reality i’m afraid and any amount of psychobabble is not going to change it.

Of course if someone is clinically depressed thing are different, but i’m talking about people who have actual depression not those who use it as an excuse to explain there unwillingness to make any effort

I don't think you need to be clinically depressed to find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise and eat well.
    Someone might not be a depressive but they become overweight and become depressed about that.
    Some people might find it hard to motivate themselves, before even considering issues they might have with how they look exercising.
    Many unhealthy foods are also chemically addictive, and if you have an addictive personality that just makes it worse.
    I personally found it pretty easy to lose my weight, but I know I even had my moments when I felt like I couldn't be bothered getting up and going for a run, or when I felt like pigging out a bit.

It's easy on paper to lose weight, but for a lot of people there are genuine psychological and emotional issues making it more difficult for them.
    Every case is different. Some people need a kick up the arse, but some need more complex, sensitive treatment.
    I think you are going off topic. We all know many overweight people are depressed and vicious circles of eating and lethargy occur as a result.

However the OP refers to "BBW" who don't seem to care about their weight and positively promote it. Barbie Girl and people in her boat would not fall into this category.

I agree it's gone off topic a bit, and I don't agree with obese people positively promoting their body image, especially to people who might otherwise lose weight, but the discussion evolved away from that a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Im too depressed to go exercise so I eat cookies . But I can hold down a full time job to pay for cookies get a grip.

How about not premeditating your depressive eating and not filling your fridge full of ****. I bet you wont be too depressed to get in your car to go to the shop.

Oh I better fill the press with crisps , I may get depressed tonight and need to eat 12 packets. Then Ill go to work tomorrow and have a diet coke with my lunch and ask the girls why weight watchers isnt working for me.

Why all the hatred dude?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Why all the hatred dude?

Im sorry my posts always come across like im angry for some reason,

But I find it hard to get up and exercise Im sure Usain Bolt does too , but we do it. I find it hard to get up and go to work in the morning, but I do it <when i have work lol>
    Saying I am too depressed to exercise is not an excuse , if your depressed get the proper medical attention , dont use it as an excuse for not exercising. If your lazy get up off yer arse and go running.

Back on topic I have NEVER met an over weight person who is happy to be over weight. The BBW is a mask to disguise how they really feel. It is not a good mask, it is not a positive mask. Obesity should not be normalised.
    They don't take pride in being fat. They are just putting up a defensive wall. Kind of saying I am still lovable aren't I?
    Don't for a minute think they don't want to lose weight, they just haven't hit that point where they will, or they don't believe they can, or they can't get up the motivation to do it. Whatever their reason, they are NOT happy to be fat.

The King of Moo
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:

I don't think you need to be clinically depressed to find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise and eat well.
    Someone might not be a depressive but they become overweight and become depressed about that.
    Some people might find it hard to motivate themselves, before even considering issues they might have with how they look exercising.
    Many unhealthy foods are also chemically addictive, and if you have an addictive personality that just makes it worse.
    I personally found it pretty easy to lose my weight, but I know I even had my moments when I felt like I couldn't be bothered getting up and going for a run, or when I felt like pigging out a bit.

It's easy on paper to lose weight, but for a lot of people there are genuine psychological and emotional issues making it more difficult for them.
    Every case is different. Some people need a kick up the arse, but some need more complex, sensitive treatment.

I don’t think for one second it’s easy to lose weight its not, I know, it’s very very hard because it involves self denial, self discipline and self motivation.
    It involves falling off the horse and getting back up again, it involves wanting to change and forcing yourself to exercise and keeping away from the cookie jar.
    Talking about addictive personalities and chemically addictive food and emotional issues are at the end of the day just more excuses

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I've never read such ill informed tripe in my life. I have suffered depression for most of my life, it's been diagnosed by the doctors - I've tried plenty of things to stave it off but now I just decide to go with the highs and lows rather than pop pills. And yes, I can hold down a job. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Excuses nope. I don't believe in excuses. I agree there is an epidemic and I agree something needs to be done about it.
    However if you have actually been over weight then you know the self disgust you feel when you look in the mirror. You DON'T need someone else to tell you that it's bad.
    What you do need is to look at WHY you are eating so much and then tackle the why to achieve the result you want.
    Saying it's a simple equation without taking into account the complex emotions of human beings is like saying the Irish economy is booming let's be happy, without looking at why it's booming. Ooops yes we have been guilty of that too.
    My friends who have been most effective at losing and keeping to a healthy weight have been those where the help they have received is tackling the root cause whether it be boredom, habit etc. rather than those who attended the shout at you like your idiot type groups.

If I was you I would log off and go walking for 4 hours per day minimum while working on my posture and gradually increasing my walking speed. If I needed time to do this I would scale back every other activity in order to accommodate it..
    After a month of this I would consider picking up speed running slowly for 30 minutes a day and walk for as long as I can stand it afterwards. Then I might be looking forward to looking good during the summer in a swimming pool or on the beach in Malaga etc. Just that thought would be enough to motivate me. I would cut out all the sugary stuff from the meal plan above and replace only with fruit. The bolognese probably came with pasta and too many carbs. I would reach for a carrot stick or an apple if I felt like my stomach was grumbling. And I would drink a lot of water.
    The internet can be fun but sitting at a computer writing about this is just another avoidance mechanism. I don't need help with my own weight but I am randomly going to fall to the floor after posting this and do 30 sit ups. Why ? Because it feels good . Good luck.

psychward wrote: »
    If I was you I would log off and go walking for 4 hours per day minimum while working on my posture and gradually increasing my walking speed. If I needed time to do this I would scale back every other activity in order to accommodate it..
    After a month of this I would consider picking up speed running slowly for 30 minutes a day and walk for as long as I can stand it afterwards. Then I might be looking forward to looking good during the summer in a swimming pool or on the beach in Malaga etc. Just that thought would be enough to motivate me. I would cut out all the sugary stuff from the meal plan above and replace only with fruit. The bolognese probably came with pasta and too many carbs. I would reach for a carrot stick or an apple if I felt like my stomach was grumbling. And I would drink a lot of water.
    The internet can be fun but sitting at a computer writing about this is just another avoidance mechanism.

Would ya go an' sh1te!

You want her to to exercise for 4 hours a day and eat nothing but rabbit food? She said she's 1.5 stone overweight not 15 stone.

Nobody likes truly obese but I would take a lady 1.5st too heavy any day over someone 1.5st underweight.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Would ya go an' sh1te!

You want her to to exercise for 4 hours a day and eat nothing but rabbit food? She said she's 1.5 stone overweight not 15 stone.

Nobody likes truly obese but I would take a lady 1.5st too heavy any day over someone 1.5st underweight.

negative attitudes like yours are the reason people don't do anything to change their lives. you are probably a ''feeder'' ;)

The internet can be fun but sitting at a computer writing about this is just another avoidance mechanism. I don't need help with my own weight but I am randomly going to fall to the floor after posting this and do 30 sit ups. Why ? Because it feels good . Good luck.

Right so then you can explain to my boss where I am. I do work you know which is why I'm dropping in and out of here. I eat good food and the whole carb crap is just that crap. If I don't eat some carbs I am starving and cannot concentrate. I am a carb person but i do control it.
    With your plan I wouldn't be working, as I'd have neither the time or the energy. Therefore i wouldn't be going to Malaga. I also wouldn't be married as I wouldn't see my hubbie except in bed. A normal day is 11 hours between work, travelling too and from, 8.5 hours sleep, so that leaves me 4.5 hours a day to exercise, eat, spend time with my hubbie, shower, clean the house, cook and God forbid relax a bit.
    Would you ever cop on to yourself. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Ricky Gervais did a great bit about fat women who "care so much about their appearance, they always have lovely hair, shoes and complicated nails. They do everything to improve how they look.....except fcuking jogging! ".

I don’t think for one second it’s easy to lose weight its not, I know, it’s very very hard because it involves self denial, self discipline and self motivation.
    It involves falling off the horse and getting back up again, it involves wanting to change and forcing yourself to exercise and keeping away from the cookie jar.
    Talking about addictive personalities and chemically addictive food and emotional issues are at the end of the day just more excuses

I don't think they're excuses though, just partial explanations.
    You couldn't tell a drug addict or a smoker that they're completely to blame for their addiction. Willpower comes into it, but it's also the case that they're addictive to something that is by its nature addictive.

I agree with you that overall, losing weight is difficult, and the more overweight someone is, the more difficult it is.

But I think it's just human nature to keep doing something we know is bad for us. You don't have to be depressed to do that.
    Just look at all the people who regularly drink to excess in this country, even though everyone knows it's unhealthy.
    People still do it because they enjoy it, because they put the health risks to the back of their mind, or because they find it hard to stop.
    I think it's a similar case with people who are overweight.
    The fact is, most unhealthy food is nice, and even though I'm still dieting, I've incorporated treats for myself into that because (a) it helps psychologically to treat yourself with an occasional takeaway or pizza and (b) I like them.
    Giving up unhealthy food is unfortunately just hard to do, especially in this country where we don't have the greatest diet.

negative attitudes like yours are the reason people don't do anything to change their lives. you are probably a ''feeder'' ;)

It's not me that's being negative dude.

Many people need to exercise more, myself included. But what you are recommending in your post above could kill someone that's not used to a whole lot of exercise.

Keep it real man and stop going over the top yourself.

Right so then you can explain to my boss where I am. I do work you know which is why I'm dropping in and out of here. I eat good food and the whole carb crap is just that crap. If I don't eat some carbs I am starving and cannot concentrate. I am a carb person but i do control it.
    With your plan I wouldn't be working, as I'd have neither the time or the energy. Therefore i wouldn't be going to Malaga. I also wouldn't be married as I wouldn't see my hubbie except in bed. A normal day is 11 hours between work, travelling too and from, 8.5 hours sleep, so that leaves me 4.5 hours a day to exercise, eat, spend time with my hubbie, shower, clean the house, cook and God forbid relax a bit.

sigh . such negativity . and a refusal to read my post properly ...

sigh . such negativity . and a refusal to read my post properly ...

Don't think I missed anything :confused:
    I'm a very upbeat person thank you very much :D but I do think dropping in the middle of the sales office to do 30 push ups, whilst wearing a skirt might just raise some eye brows :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

salad dodgers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Some of the posts here wouldn't be out of place in a Rod Liddle article :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

People are so quick to judge other people - at one stage I was about 2.5 stone overweight - I had just had a baby, and was finding it really hard to adjust and get used to all the things I had to do for this new little person and couldn't get it together to exercise. I knew the weight would come off eventually, I wasn't really bothered by it, there were more important things in my life. Did I still think I was beautiful? Of course, my beauty isn't dictated by the bloody scales. Eventually after about six months, I got back into my routine and lost the weight, I started jogging again - I did a 5KM to get me started, and this idiot was standing outside a pub with a pint of guinness shouting abuse at some of the other ladies who were larger and walking - my god what I didn't say to that complete arse...is this what we have come to - some dickhead shouting abuse at a woman who is trying to lose some weight and get healthier. Why do people feel its okay to pick apart someones flaws just because they are visible to others??
    Yes being overweight is unhealthy, so is smoking, so is drinking excessively, so is not enough sleep, so are an awful lot of things. RANT OVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hannah2011

Also - Psychward - having read your previous posts on boards, do you realize you have an extremely unhealthy, cynical and negative outlook on life, maybe you need to take your advise and get some fresh air.

barbiegirl
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Excuses nope. I don't believe in excuses.
    barbiegirl Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychward viewpost.gif

Would you ever cop on to yourself. biggrin.gif

more excuses

• Advertisement

more excuses

I smell troll

MCMLXXV
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:
    more excuses

I smell troll
    user_online.gifreport.gif quote.gif

ah, the last resort of those out of anything interesting to add

Coming from the lad who has nothing more to offer than:
    more excuses

;)

more excuses

These two posts just don't match up at all. You acknowledge that it's difficult to lose weight, then you when someone gives perfectly valid reasons for not exercising for four hours a day, you call them excuses.
    I think this calls for a confused smiley.

:confused:

MCMLXXV
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:

Coming from the lad who has nothing more to offer than:

Quote:
    more excuses

wink.gif

you seem to have missed the point i was trying to make.

you seem to have missed the point i was trying to make.

You seem to have missed the 'quote' button! :pac:

The King of Moo
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:

Quote:
    more excuses

These two posts just don't match up at all. You acknowledge that it's difficult to lose weight, then you when someone gives perfectly valid reasons for not exercising for four hours a day, you call them excuses.
    I think this calls for a confused smiley.

confused.gif

I did not suggest anyone exercise for 4 hours a day I was merely pointing out that the poster in question claimed not to do excuses yet kept coming out with more and more excuses.

Now I believe the point I’m making stands, too many people who claim they want to lose weight but don't invariably hide behind excuses all of which may sound reasonable in themselves but Ultimately are just that excuses for not doing what they need to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

I did not suggest anyone exercise for 4 hours a day I was merely pointing out that the poster in question claimed not to do excuses yet kept coming out with more and more excuses.

Now I believe the point I’m making stands, too many people who claim they want to lose weight but don't invariably hide behind excuses all of which may sound reasonable in themselves but Ultimately are just that excuses for not doing what they need to.

Can I point out that I never made a single "excuse" for myself. I know why I put on weight and am doing something about it. Thank you very much, or maybe you didn't read my posts properly, and yes you did suggest 4 hours a day and cutting out a food group.

I gave reasons why some seriously obese people get caught in a never ending circle. I also said that yes they should lose weight and that for many the best long term way was to tackle the reasons for over eating. Normally emotional. And on topic I pointed out that despite whatever they may say anyone claiming to be BBW don't actually believe it themselves.

barbiegirl
    blue_star_3.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:

Can I point out that I never made a single "excuse" for myself. I know why I put on weight and am doing something about it. Thank you very much, or maybe you didn't read my posts properly, and yes you did suggest 4 hours a day and cutting out a food group.

I gave reasons why some seriously obese people get caught in a never ending circle. I also said that yes they should lose weight and that for many the best long term way was to tackle the reasons for over eating. Normally emotional. And on topic I pointed out that despite whatever they may say anyone claiming to be BBW don't actually believe it themselves.
    user_online.gifreport.gif quote.gif

i did not that was a different poster,

• Advertisement

Sorry for the mistake.
    What the story with your quote thing, it looks very weird and confusing.

Hannah2011 wrote: »
    Also - Psychward - having read your previous posts on boards, do you realize you have an extremely unhealthy, cynical and negative outlook on life, maybe you need to take your advise and get some fresh air.

Hannah . You are asking people not to be small minded yet you make a small minded sweeping statement about my posts.. and not just a few of them but all of them . Now that is an unhealthy cynical and negative outlook. Doing something about something which bothers you and which you have the power to change (if you can only believe this) as I suggested is positive not negative and only requires hope and belief in the possibilities of salvation. I only posted to help motivate people into eliminating the excuses which stand in the way of their unhappiness. That is all. It's easy to not care about your fellow human beings. I choose to help people if I can yet I encounter even obstacles and negativity and even some ineffective attempts to be insulting. And I don't even have a weight problem so it must be even more of a psychological battlefield for those who do. If someone is in such a bad situation that a post or two on a forum affects them so badly then the kind of help that person needs would be professional and one to one.

old hippy wrote: »
    I've never read such ill informed tripe in my life. I have suffered depression for most of my life, it's been diagnosed by the doctors - I've tried plenty of things to stave it off but now I just decide to go with the highs and lows rather than pop pills. And yes, I can hold down a job. :mad:

And do you think depression is a serious issue , or do you think these people are using it as an excuse to lie there eating. I am in no way saying depression is not a serious issue, but i think fat people call being lazy and malnourished depression.
    Maid be laugh copious amounts +1

You would only feel a lack of energy until your body got used to carrying less weight, that feeling of lack of energy is your body eating the fat stores on your body , think of them feelings as your fat deteriorating not a need to stuff yourself full of carbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

amacachi wrote: »
    How high do they go up? I'm a fair bit above the recommended size. :pac:

40 inches IIRC

Sorry for the mistake.
    What the story with your quote thing, it looks very weird and confusing.

no worries,
    I don't know why its doing that, perhaps I'm doing it wrong. i highlight what I want to quote and then in the post reply box i hit the quote icon and past the text in.

stuff yourself full of carbs.

Doh I wish, but I don't :D

• Advertisement

I think you should only be able to buy junk food at certain hours and in certain amounts. I also think junk should have pictures of fat people on them like cigarettes. I think it should have the jaysus taxed out of it.
    It is a disgrace that a happy meal cost just 4 euro and a big mac meal costs just 7 euro. And Id sy the tax on these being 23 per cent just like the tax on bananas would be.
    But as an adult I also think its a disgrace that people eat these foods and then if you asked them what they ate in a day they would pick the one day in a month they ate somewhat healthily and tell you it.
    It takes a few months of eating healthily to lose a decent amount of weight , im tired of someone having a day on bowls of pasta for dinner and porridge for breakfast then claiming losing weight is impossible because they are depressed and reaching for the crisps.

CAN I ASK ANYONE WHO IS OVERWEIGHT HERE. IF IT WS POSSIBLE FOR THE HOSPITAL TO DETAIN YOU FOR TWO WEEKS AND MAKE YOU SKINNY AGAIN, would you do this?
    I reckon they would say yes. This is for the simple reason that they dont have to do any hard work themselves. And im surre they would be back in after 2 or 3 weeks asking for the help agai blaming chocolate for tricking them, or depression for feeding them

Yep and I'm tired of generalizations.
    Agree on warnings and prices of junk food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,952 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no worries,
    I don't know why its doing that, perhaps I'm doing it wrong. i highlight what I want to quote and then in the post reply box i hit the quote icon and past the text in.
    Just hit Quote. Thats all you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Yep and I'm tired of generalizations.
    Agree on warnings and prices of junk food.

Warnings of fat people? Do you think for a second that: a) the person would consent to being used as a 'You could end up like this mess' type of photo or b) that someone obese would care? You're saying that people eat because they are depressed and junk food is cheap. Is pricing a depressed person out of junk food going to fix their depression or stop them eating? It's just going to make them spend more.

Tax sugary food because people are too lazy to cook or learn to cook? Fruit and Veg are the cheapest things in the supermarket, eggs are cheap, rice is for nothing. You can get 20 chicken fillets in any good butchers for 25 quid. Frozen food and ready meals cost a bomb. It's choices that matter not the prices.

Point being: It's not society's fault people are fat, or for that matter, since the same argument is being applied to drink aswell, an alcoholic. How much did smoking go down since they posted the warnings? I've never seen someone even acknowledge them let alone put the packet down. Enough of the nanny state already.

Fine if it cant be a nanny state it should be fair enough for the hospital to refuse to treat fat people. Unless they pay for the whole treatment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement