Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big "beautiful" women, are some overweight women really this delusional?

Comments

sexysize14 wrote: »
    As somebody mentioned before, different people have different body build. Do you think BMI is some perfect messure? How about the proportions between muscles and fat? I actually have some muscles, especially on legs -so how you can say I am less healthy then I for example my friend who is the same height and weights 46kg ? She can run slower then me and has some heart pains from time to time and no energy at all (plus she is pale, has dull hair and skin -but her BMI is perfect!

BMI as a measurement tool is clearly highly flawed, but only in the case of muscular men and in women probably only professional athletes.
    It is perfectly acceptable to use for an average person especially a woman but keep telling yourself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Thats simply not true, go into town any day of the week and your average female in the 20-30 bracket are in alot worse shape than their average male counterpart.

Women are biologically inclined to put on fat more then men are, its called estrogen.
    However 40s/50s+ men are fatter, their metabolism slows down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

This thread is going downhill fast ...
    It started pretty low, so that wasn't too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sexysize14

BMI as a measurement tool is clearly highly flawed, but only in the case of muscular men and in women probably only professional athletes.
    It is perfectly acceptable to use for an average person especially a woman but keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling myself what? I went through all medical examinations recently, my cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is perfect, my condition is perfect and I know many men find me attractive, so I dont know what you are talking about./ :pac:

http://assetsmodels.com/fashion_news/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MG_9169web.jpg

-she is size 14 and I have similar figure but bigger breast -fat monster yes?

Women are biologically inclined to put on fat more then men are, its called estrogen.
    However 40s/50s+ men are fatter, their metabolism slows down.

Men do let themselves go in later life but its clearly better to hold off the weight as long as possible in life.

I have nothing against women with a bit of meat on them but if they are a stone and a half overweight they should not try to claim they are in peak health.

Keep telling myself what? I went through all medical examinations recently, my cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is perfect, my condition is perfect and I know many men find me attractive, so I dont know what you are talking about./ :pac:

I dont doubt any of that and I admire your body confidence but dont try and say being a stone and a half overweight as being in perfect health because its not. There is an ideal weight there for a reason.

I dont doubt any of that and I admire your body confidence but dont try and say being a stone and a half overweight as being in perfect health because its not. There is an ideal weight there for a reason.

According to BMI I should weight between 73 and 58 (I think) to have perfect weight and trust me - I weight about 60 some time ago and I was too skinny!

According to BMI I should weight between 73 and 58 (I think) to have perfect weight and trust me - I weight about 60 some time ago and I was too skinny!

ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Sexysize14 sounds sexy, and healthy too which is an added bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I was once in Mcgowans in Dublin, langered drunk and dancing with a large girl, as i'm doing the romantic stuff like trying to finger her mid dance on a packed dance floor, she asks me if i find her attractive.

' Yes' I said, 'I love fat women'

I got a Bacardi n Diet Coke over me.

At that moment, I meant it though.

And the Whiteknights roll in......:rolleyes:

-according to some bones lovers I am fat and overweight. ;)

Men do let themselves go in later life but its clearly better to hold off the weight as long as possible in life.

Fascinating, could you please link me to the peer reviewed study in what ever medical journal you found this information in?

I mean, you didn't think you could get away with saying whatever the f*ck you wanted, did you?:pac:
    http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/640414.html
    I have nothing against women with a bit of meat on them but if they are a stone and a half overweight they should not try to claim they are in peak health.
    LOL I'm not disagreeing with you, it is unhealthy to be very overweight, i never said it wasn't.

Is this girl underweight or healthy?

myleensplitBIG2603_468x468.jpg

Healthy! (but her legs are too short :pac: -and I mean it, proportions fail)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Healthy! (but her legs are too short :pac:)

:eek:

Sexist!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

BBW = BFC

Big Fat C*nt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I suppose it's my turn to say that regardless of what you weight/what your BMI is, underweight or over weight as long as you are proportional it will look right.

I'm 5'2 8 1/2 stone but have 36" hips and bust, 24" waist. I'm not a bag of bones, yet I don't exactly weight much either.

I do a lot of sports and activities though.

I would be considered almost overweight by some BMI counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

a Mexican gentleman i know once said 2 me " everyman should once jump a fat bird - they just try harder " , now point out the fault in that statement :D

i have a theory that if its all in proportion ( body size ) and thats your bag well i understand - but one off fat body parts just are a passion killer

bingo wings , or belly hanging or worst of all - trioka chin :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Fat birds are like those round abouts in kids playgrounds. They are both great until your mates find out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Many fat women are beautiful, some are ugly as sin. I think the same goes for skinny women. Whatever you prefer, whatever makes you happy, we'll all be dead in the end.

Many fat women are beautiful, some are ugly as sin. I think the same goes for skinny women. Whatever you prefer, whatever makes you happy, we'll all be dead in the end.

This is exactly what I think.. :) (and the same goes with men too!)

Fascinating, could you please link me to the peer reviewed study in what ever medical journal you found this information in?

I mean, you didn't think you could get away with saying whatever the f*ck you wanted, did you?:pac:
    http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/healthday/640414.html

LOL I'm not disagreeing with you, it is unhealthy to be very overweight, i never said it wasn't.

Please, putting excess strain on all your vital organs throughout your life is going to be worse than the extra chance you may get diabetes in later life. Most men get fatter in later life thats a given but most not to an obese state that would hugely increase risk for diabetes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I don't see anything wrong with a woman of any size describing herself as beautiful.

Self confidence is a great thing to have at any weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

myleensplitBIG2603_468x468.jpg

man the harpoons

I don't see anything wrong with a woman of any size describing herself as beautiful.

Self confidence is a great thing to have at any weight.

Almost agree with you, but in some cases this is could be ridiculous, if you can't buy your clothes in normal shop, there is something wrong.

This lady in orange in that movie is a famous polish psychologist -the amount of rubbish she says about the way we don't accept fat people and how they should accept them selves is unbelivable. I just dont belive you can be happy when you are as fat as she is.. (or maybe I am wrong)

http://dziendobry.tvn.pl/video/grubsza-znaczy-seksowniejsza,1,newest,7952.html

(I mean -nobody should be discriminated because of the way they look, but I dont belive psychologist should be saying its ok and you should accept yourself -they shouldn't they are obese and unhealthy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't really get why people get so bothered by the weight of people they don't know.

I know I said myself earlier that my initial reaction to a woman who's unhealthily obese (not just overweight) yet claims to believe that this is a good thing is one of annoyance, but I don't give it a second though and hardly care enough to the extent some people seem to.

I don't understand the hate towards the overweight, or those perceived as overweight.
    Sure you might not find excess weight physically attractive.
    Personally, I generally don't, but I can't say I'd never find an overweight girl attractive. Personality is an important factor too.

But why bother complaining, pointing out the health risks most people are aware of, and making crap jokes and snide remarks about people who have no influence on your life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Yeeeah... so after re-examining some of the posts on this thread I'm gonna have to say there is perhaps some sexism behind this.
    There are just as many fat and obese men but no one seems to bitch about them, and there are plenty of fat men convinced they're god's gift to womankind.
    In fact the media is far more accepting of fat men than they are of women, just look at the likes of Seth Rogen in Knocked up, do you think they'd ever dream of casting an overweight woman as a lead in the average film? (without the movie being directly about her weight). People set far more restrictive standards of looks when it comes to women.
    Sorry I had to bring up gender, but the OP did specifically target women, so it was inevitable.

I don't see the sexism personally.
    The thread was about women who go about shouting from the rooftops that they are big and beautiful, curvy, voluptuous, bubbly, and sexy.

What men do that?

Not many, hence why they don't really factor into this discussion much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is there any need for that type of comment? So finding somebody fit attractive equates to being a bones lover? You're not going to win any arguments by being as ignorant as the opposing camp. If people are being unnecessarily rude towards your body shape, it doesn't make it OK to be rude to another body shape.

Is there any need for that type of comment? So finding somebody fit attractive equates to being a bones lover? You're not going to win any arguments by being as ignorant as the opposing camp.

You are right, but I only said this because it is ridiculous to say someone in size 14 is fat (I am not) if I would weight my lowest "healthy" BMI limit I would be just bones and skin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

it's just fat birds lying to each other to make themselves feel better. fcuking fat bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

horsemeat wrote: »
    it's just fat birds lying to each other to make themselves feel better. fcuking fat bitches.

What do you look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What do you look like?

Horsemeat.

You are right, but I only said this because it is ridiculous to say someone in size 14 is fat (I am not) if I would weight my lowest "healthy" BMI limit I would be just bones and skin!

Well dress size is not necessarily indicative of being fat. A size 14 could be fat. Then again they may not be. Height, muscle etc all play a part. I'm sure you are perfectly proportional and in good health, but being a size 14 does not mean that somebody cannot be be "fat".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Re-reg Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Re-reg Banned

Be a right giggle if it was a dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

^^ Il be honest, i didnt watch any of that.

Lol at "it" :pac:

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    ^^ Il be honest, i didnt watch any of that.

Neither did I.

I've assumed it was a man trolling from the beginning. The suspiciously low post-count and username gave it away tbh :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

strobe wrote: »
    Aphrodite was the Goddess of Love and Beauty in ancient Greek mythology, the epitome of female sexiness. Check out how she was depicted in sculptures, look at those abs on the Venus de Milo, that was sculpted 2200 years ago.
    Check out the Venus of Willendorf sculpted 22,000 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

She has MASSIVE boobs! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

People love to wildly speculate a lot about anything they find. Could be the most crap or even a child artist of 22,000 BC was the luckiest in terms of his art surviving. It's like if the Earth was destroyed by some natural disaster... apart from some time capsule containing Eastenders, Fair City , Home and Away etc. Heaven help the forensic speculators on some Alien forum when they try to figure such a civilization out based upon what it left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

id love to ride a fat girl but not overly fat but she'd have to have a class face.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

What, its not complete common sense?

Oh wait, yeah it is, you just trollin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'm aware of it. It's not supposed to be a depiction of the Roman Goddess Venus or of Aphrodite though. The salience of how Aphrodite was depicted in sculpture is that she was said to be incredibly beautiful, so much so that the other God's feared her beauty would lead to division and war amongst them as the God's fought each other to win her and the Goddess' fought out of jealousy over how much hotter she was than them.

Where as for Venus of Willendorf there we have no reason whatsoever to believe it was crafted to be the epitome of female beauty or meant to be particularly sexually attractive. Could just have been the lads oul one, or maybe someone else's oul one and therefore histories earliest example of a "Yo Momma's so fat..." joke. Or maybe a little more likely it could have been a fertility symbol and therefore the woman depicted doesn't just have a big old fat belly, but is in fact pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cityhunter

I think I should lose weight from now on...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

I think a good way to gauge how someone feels about their body is to look at their facebook profile pic.

If all you see is a close up of the face or a black and white photo, must of the time you can believe they not happy with the shape of their body!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

EdenHazard wrote: »
    id love to ride a fat girl but not overly fat but she'd have to have a class face.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement