Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big "beautiful" women, are some overweight women really this delusional?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kaching wrote: »
    No but I'm trying to figure out why you're all so eager to defend the morbidly obese
    Because they're people. To stick up for them is not the same as defending obesity the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Can YOU talk to them about it cos I sure as hel couldn't i was as bad as being strapped to a chair and watching someone kill themselves right in front of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I am proud to say that in Ireland the morbidly obese have equal opportunities. We even had a fat clown recently as Taoiseach and Tanaiste welcomed into their positions by the cheering grunts of a fat necked pink faced front bench. Also I am proud to say that a disproportionate number have sat in cabinet and greased the seats of the Oireachtas. Thanks to them we have the most expensive subsidized sweetshop in Ireland or indeed Western Europe which would make Billy Bunter proud. God Bless Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Any one can get skinny using Colombian marching powder ;) I have a cousin who was skinny pre kid did a lot of stuff so on and so on that's how she kept slim healthy my ballox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Can YOU talk to them about it cos I sure as hel couldn't i was as bad as being strapped to a chair and watching someone kill themselves right in front of you

What do you consider to be morbidly obese?

You seem to have a deep rooted phobia of fat people.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Not sure what you're getting at here... did you try to talk to someone about their weight problem before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

If someone's very overweight there's a good chance their excess eating is due to an emotional issue such as depression. It's the same principle as comfort eating.
    Even if there's no emotional reason and the weight just crept up on them, being overweight itself can be extremely depressing, making it hard for people to put the work in to lose the weight.

Losing weight can also be tough as people get used to eating junk food, much of which is chemically addictive.

At the end of the day, what I'm saying is that I doubt many people deliberately get overweight and don't care about it. And everyone knows about the health risks.
    You need to remember that when you see people who seem to be proud of their weight. If they're obese then they're probably not really proud of it and might be quite fragile emotionally.

You need to remember that when you see people who seem to be proud of their weight. If they're obese then they're probably not really proud of it and might be quite fragile emotionally.

Exactly. And being 'honest' about somebody's weight doesn't help if they're just insensitive comments about how out of shape they look. A discussion beginning with asking if somebody is feeling low, depressed,etc, might actually be a lot more productive in the long run than simply launching into the usual " You're so fat... stop eating junk food..." tirade.

Acacia wrote: »
    Not sure what you're getting at here... did you try to talk to someone about their weight problem before?

Yeah I did begged and pleaded with them to go for counselling but instead they chose a blocked artery over their family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

If someone's very overweight there's a good chance their excess eating is due to an emotional issue such as depression. It's the same principle as comfort eating.
    Even if there's no emotional reason and the weight just crept up on them, being overweight itself can be extremely depressing, making it hard for people to put the work in to lose the weight.

Losing weight can also be tough as people get used to eating junk food, much of which is chemically addictive.

At the end of the day, what I'm saying is that I doubt many people deliberately get overweight and don't care about it. And everyone knows about the health risks.

Great post and spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

What I think is really disgusting is fat women with small feet.

Especially when they're wearing tight jeans. It curves all the way to the cankle to these really small pudgy feet that are straining to support the woman's weight.

Yeah I did begged and pleaded with them to go for counselling but instead they chose a blocked artery over their family

Sorry to hear that. But you probably would have got more favourable responses from this thread if you had explained this from the get-go, rather than making comments like " fat people should tuck away their flab."

I'd also like to point out that it's unfair to project your experience onto all overweight people.

It's not unfair. As a society we shame suicidal people into thinking about the people they'd be hurting , it is the same situation if you ask me.
    I didn't try talk about it to them chopper Reid style " have a salad ya fat bastard" but getting laughed at for suggesting therapy wasn't exactly a welcoming response either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

That sounds terrible Kaching, sorry for berating you. Try not to associate it with other people though, my best friend in the world is overweight but plays rugby and is fit as a fiddle. Hence I get very annoyed with others making comments about peoples size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I believe that no ones worth should be evaluated by their appearance. I do find it puzzling that you were so affected by someone you loved being morbidly obese and still making the remark you did Kaching. My father passed away from clogged arteries and he was never overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's not unfair. As a society we shame suicidal people into thinking about the people they'd be hurting , it is the same situation if you ask me.
    I didn't try talk about it to them chopper Reid style " have a salad ya fat bastard" but getting laughed at for suggesting therapy wasn't exactly a welcoming response either

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
    Talking to someone in such a situation can be very, very difficult.
    No matter how sensitive you are, someone in a delicate emotional state can often reject any attempt to help as it might force them to acknowledge they might have a problem.
    I can't say anything for sure about your situation as each case is different, but at least you tried to help.

But shaming suicidal people doesn't work either. In fact, it usually has the opposite effect ( speaking from personal experience, here.) Shaming/ using other people as a reason to stay alive or lose weight is not that beneficial in the long run- they have to do it for themselves.

I'm not in a position to comment on your family member and why thing's worked out the way they did. I'm just saying that to say all morbidly obese people ( and there is a big difference between that and being somewhat overweight) won't listen to reason and have to be shamed into taking action is unfair because the reasons for weight gain are different from person to person. What works for some may not work for someone else- hence the unfairness of projecting your experience onto every overweight person you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

my best friend in the world is overweight but plays rugby and is fit as a fiddle. Hence I get very annoyed with others making comments about peoples size.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already as it's a very long thread but it is worth noting that people can carry weight and still be very healthy, mostly rugby plays and specalist sports people. But it is possible ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Assuming you drop friends even if they're not fat, but have high cholesterol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

C'mon now lads, be fair, we've all harpooned a whale or two in our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

In fairness stress can play a big part in weight gain, thats another battle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

and in the lasses' case, hooked a few tiddlers

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Acacia wrote: »
    I've been very skinny before and now I'm slightly overweight (although I'm working on it), I can say that I defintely received far more critical comments about being overweight than underweight. It's like people think they have a right to comment on your body, because, y'know, you're a fattie so you should put up with with criticism. I don't know where this attitude of walking on eggshells around fat people exists, because I sure as hell haven't encountered it- the exact opposite, in fact.

Really??
    How underweight were you? I don't mean to be dismissive of your personal experiences, but as someone who's had an eating disorder, I found that many, maaany people pointed out my thinness reglarly, often in a very rude fashion. For example, I'd have family members (usually older ones) grabbing at my shoulders or hips, telling me I was "frightnening", "disgusting" or whatever. In hindsight, I was verrrry skinny, but at the same time, it was still really rude. I'd get this off friends and also, randomers.

Some people (who are as*holes imo) will comment negatively on an overweight person's weight (directly calling them a "fatty", being cruel, etc), but most NORMAL people will not. Some may say it behind the person's back back (in fact, I'm sure of it), but my point is, they WON'T say it to the person's face. It's extremely socially unacceptable to do so.

People will rarely make comments to an overweight person (unless they happen to be really nasty, or they're really trying to hurt said person). However, in my experience, people have absolutely no qualms about telling an underweight person to "eat something" and would they certainly not expect you to be insulted!

Rocket19 wrote: »
    Really??
    How underweight were you? I don't mean to be dismissive of your personal experiences, but as someone who's had an eating disorder, I found that many, maaany people pointed out my thinness reglarly, often in a very rude fashion. For example, I'd have family members (usually older ones) grabbing at my shoulders or hips, telling me I was "frightnening", "disgusting" or whatever. In hindsight, I was verrrry skinny, but at the same time, it was still really rude. I'd get this off friends and also, randomers.

I was struggling to fill size 6 jeans at one stage so I figure I was quite skinny, as I'm quite short too. My parents/friends said they were concerned for me, suggested I go to a nutritionist to make sure there was nothing wrong, etc. I was never considered to have an eating disorder, though. I did have people make remarks along the line of ''skinny b1tch'' , and "why don't you eat more", etc, etc. But, and this is purely my own opinion and I don't mean to be dismissive of your experience at all, the remarks always seemed to have a tinge of jealousy/admiration, rather than the patronising/ condescending vibe that I get for being overweight.

To me , the attitude I got from people was "You may be too skinny, but its better than being too fat."

And even still, I'd say I get twice as many remarks from being overweight than underweight.

Some people (who are as*holes imo) will comment negatively on an overweight person's weight (directly calling them a "fatty", being cruel, etc), but most NORMAL people will not. Some may say it behind the person's back back (in fact, I'm sure of it), but my point is, they WON'T say it to the person's face. It's extremely socially unacceptable to do so.

That's what I always thought... until I became overweight. There are the assholes who will call someone a 'fatty' directly to their face, and fair enough people may think they are d1cks for doing so, but whenever anything like this has been said to me, nobody pulled them up on it. Because I am fat, and I shouldn't be, so it's okay for them to say it.

It's not just assholes though. I've had perfectly normal people ( friends of friends on nights out, etc, friendly normal women) make patronising comments like "You're , like, a real woman, with lots of curves!":rolleyes: Maybe they were trying to be nice, but it just came off as really rude. I've had people I'd just met, who I'd be getting on perfectly with, say stuff like "Fat b1tch!" in a 'joking' manner. It's not just the usual chavs in tracksuits shouting rude comments at people. It can be a lot more insidious than that.

The worst part is change of attitude in my family / friends. When I was underweight , any comments on my weight were followed by questions like "Are you okay? are you worried about something? Are you purposely not eating?" Whereas now, I've been bluntly told by family members to "Lose a few pounds, you look really bad!" (Exact words!). With no follow-up as to the reasons for my change in weight gain. After all, being fat is caused by being lazy and greedy, there is nothing else to it.

This is not to put down your experiences, but I'd much rather go back to being size 6/8 and have the odd comment about being too skinny. It's a lot easier for me deal with that, than the abuse I've gotten for being overweight.

People will rarely make comments to an overweight person (unless they happen to be really nasty, or they're really trying to hurt said person). However, in my experience, people have absolutely no qualms about telling an underweight person to "eat something" and would they certainly not expect you to be insulted!

I can certainly see where you're coming from. But I'd say they don't expect underweight people to be insulted by having their weight commented on because it's not viewed as a negative thing by society to be underweight, at least not to the extent that being fat is. It doesn't have the same stigma as being overweight, imo. Of course, anyone who comments on a person's weight to their face is automatically a d1ck in my book,whether the person in question is 'sk1nny' or 'fat'. :)

I think , for all the furore about "Omg she's size 0, that's so bad!" on magazine covers, etc, society still views the overweight in contempt far more than the underweight. Sure, the amount of 'fat' threads that have crept up in AH over the past few weeks has been staggering. You just have to look at the comments ont this thread to see how fat people are viewed. I think the best quote I've read on this subject was Kelly Osbourne. Obviously, she's struggled with weight issues her entire life, but she received far more abuse for being overweight than she ever did for being messed up on drugs.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/kelly-osbourne-took-more-hell-for-weight-than-drug-addiction-2010242

It's just seems to me that, even though underweight people are often commented on in a derogatory manner, the attitude of belittling the overweight is far from socially unacceptable, I'd say it's the norm.

Okay, I think i've ranted long enough. Basically, I'd love to see a day when a woman's weight, whether too much or too little, is not main focus of her entire being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 satcmegafan

dilbert2 wrote: »
    Now I'm not attacking anybody for been overweight and don't really consider it any of my business. However, I cannot help but comment on the increasing use of "bbw", or "big beautiful women" by many overweight women to describe themselves, particularly when it comes to looking for men. No offence, but anybody who is overweight, male or female, is not only in an unhealthy state, but is also generally considered (perhaps unfairly) to be unattractive by the opposite sex when it comes to dating.

I have never, once heard an overweight man refer to himself as a "big handsome man". Most seem to just accept that they are overweight and either laugh about it, or decide to lose to access weight. However a lot of overweight women seem to be living in a fantasy world were "to be big is to be beautiful". When on earth did been overweight and unhealthy become associated in the minds of many women with beauty and attractiveness to the opposite sex. Even worse is the cocky and arrogant bbw's, as if they weren't at enough of a disadvantage when it came to dating already!
    This is exactly the type of comment that lead women to develop an eating disorder. Well done dilbert2 and no i dont think i would be what you term a bbw i am a size ten and 5'11 although maybe that is considered a bbw in this day and age by the likes of you. i personally think bbw is a term which came from a larger woman initially maybe to make herself feel better about herself and its stuck or from a man who simply adored his other half's shapely, if slightly larger curvaceous body, i dont see anything wrong with this, every woman comes in a diff shape and size and the sooner men realise this the better, yes we can all be a size 6 but do you have any idea what it takes to get there - no i didnt think so..i have larger female friends and they are the most confident, sexy women i know, i envy them as I wish I had their confidence..
    sindri - who died and made you god, bet ur no oil painting although you can clearly comment on other people's appearance, shame on you, i actually feel sorry for you and any woman in ur life although i seriously doubt you have one.

dilbert2 wrote: »
    Now I'm not attacking anybody for been overweight and don't really consider it any of my business. However, I cannot help but comment on the increasing use of "bbw", or "big beautiful women" by many overweight women to describe themselves, particularly when it comes to looking for men. No offence, but anybody who is overweight, male or female, is not only in an unhealthy state, but is also generally considered (perhaps unfairly) to be unattractive by the opposite sex when it comes to dating.

I have never, once heard an overweight man refer to himself as a "big handsome man". Most seem to just accept that they are overweight and either laugh about it, or decide to lose to access weight. However a lot of overweight women seem to be living in a fantasy world were "to be big is to be beautiful". When on earth did been overweight and unhealthy become associated in the minds of many women with beauty and attractiveness to the opposite sex. Even worse is the cocky and arrogant bbw's, as if they weren't at enough of a disadvantage when it came to dating already!
    This is exactly the type of comment that lead women to develop an eating disorder. Well done dilbert2 and no i dont think i would be what you term a bbw i am a size ten and 5'11 although maybe that is considered a bbw in this day and age by the likes of you. i personally think bbw is a term which came from a larger woman initially maybe to make herself feel better about herself and its stuck or from a man who simply adored his other half's shapely, if slightly larger curvaceous body, i dont see anything wrong with this, every woman comes in a diff shape and size and the sooner men realise this the better, yes we can all be a size 6 but do you have any idea what it takes to get there - no i didnt think so..i have larger female friends and they are the most confident, sexy women i know, i envy them as I wish I had their confidence..
    sindri - who died and made you god, bet ur no oil painting although you can clearly comment on other people's appearance, shame on you, i actually feel sorry for you and any woman in ur life although i seriously doubt you have one.
    No it isn't at all something that would lead to eating disorders - and it is reasonably phrased.
    Saying a woman over size 10 is fat might lead to an eating disorder, but saying a morbidly obese person (not merely "slightly larger" - the OP did specify he's talking about the phenomenon of BBW which is a movement created by extremely overweight women, not women who are size 14-16) isn't attractive to many? Hardly... :confused:

I bet you'd still prefer to be size 10 than really overweight, despite envying the confidence of your friends who are overweight (and fair play to them if they're happy with how they look).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nothing was mentioned about getting to a certain size. The OP was talking about obesity. And what is so great about a size 6? And why is it a target? That's a seriously f#cked up mentality that will only lead to eating disorders, not what the OP wrote. It's not hard to keep a healthy appearance. A healthy diet and some exercise is all it takes, not the nonsense that is found in womens mags around the start of every new year.

Dudess wrote: »
    No it isn't at all something that would lead to eating disorders - and it is reasonably phrased.
    Saying a woman over size 10 is fat might lead to an eating disorder, but saying a morbidly obese person (not merely "slightly larger" - the OP did specify he's talking about the phenomenon of BBW which is a movement created by extremely overweight women, not women who are size 14-16) isn't attractive to many? Hardly... :confused:

I bet you'd still prefer to be size 10 than really overweight, despite envying the confidence of your friends who are overweight (and fair play to them if they're happy with how they look).

Yes i like being the size i am and i personally do not want to be overweight but thats my choice and I chose to eat healthily most of the time. If a woman wants to refer to herself as a bbw then whats wrong with that, yes she might be unhealthy if carrying a lot of extra weight (maybe due to eating the wrong foods and knowing no different while growing up) but thats no reason why she shouldnt feel good about herself, she may want to lose weight but is struggling to do so and the last thing she would need is to see a post like this, thats all i am saying and I dont care what size a woman is be it a 28, 20, 12 whatever focusing on someone's weight does not make a person feel positive about themselves and it can be a touchy subject for women in particular. I only used the size 6 as an example so no need to attack me tks and i agree healthy diet and exercise is the way to go. Men think differently about weight its like a bunch of men slagging off one of them calling him fat, yes i think it hurts his feelings but that kind of comment would really hurt a woman way more i think. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some men like bbw and would never want to be with a person who's way thinner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Yes i like being the size i am and i personally do not want to be overweight but thats my choice and I chose to eat healthily most of the time. If a woman wants to refer to herself as a bbw then whats wrong with that, yes she might be unhealthy if carrying a lot of extra weight (maybe due to eating the wrong foods and knowing no different while growing up) but thats no reason why she shouldnt feel good about herself, she may want to lose weight but is struggling to do so and the last thing she would need is to see a post like this, thats all i am saying and I dont care what size a woman is be it a 28, 20, 12 whatever focusing on someone's weight does not make a person feel positive about themselves and it can be a touchy subject for women in particular. I only used the size 6 as an example so no need to attack me tks and i agree healthy diet and exercise is the way to go. Men think differently about weight its like a bunch of men slagging off one of them calling him fat, yes i think it hurts his feelings but that kind of comment would really hurt a woman way more i think. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some men like bbw and would never want to be with a person who's way thinner..

You watch way too much Sex and the City.

• Advertisement

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    You watch way too much Sex and the City.
    Thanks, il take that as a compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Thanks, il take that as a compliment!

Please don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Please make this post of the day, i'm in stitches here LMAO

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Please don't.

Too late i already have..you should watch an episode

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

If it wasn't for BBW's a whole generation of country lads would never have gotten the shift circa 1987

Dudess wrote: »

Nobody's attacking you - you attacked others and you did just throw out the size six figure as if that's the only size those questioning BBW culture would find attractive.
    BBW refers to hugely overweight women, like 25 stone, and Dilbert was just making the point that someone like that couldn't really be that happy with their weight so possibly deluding themselves, which is a fair point.
    Also, there's the phenomenon of women who are that overweight insisting they're hot and men who don't fancy them can't handle a real woman, and skinny girls are bitches and jealous of their curves - which aren't curves, they're rolls of flab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 irishben

I know many of my friends fancy women with a bit of weight on them, which is fine ofcourse, its only when men only see these ladies as objects instead of real people with feelings, that a problem arises.

irishben wrote: »
    I know many of my friends fancy women with a bit of weight on them, which is fine ofcourse, its only when men only see these ladies as objects instead of real people with feelings, that a problem arises.

I agree with you irishben, finally someone with a brain..
    dudess - i know what the term bbw refers to, no need to explain it to me..as i said previously size 6 was an example. who's right is it for anyone to say that these women couldnt possibly be happy with themselves that they are in fact deluding themselves - no ones in my view. They surely do know the health risks of being that overweight and thats another thing all together but what a bbw should never date, stay indoors and have no life, how dare she call herself hot or beautiful - i find that kind of mentality really sad, a bbw is as much entitled to feel good about herself as anyone else of any other size - note I am not referring to a size 6!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I don't think the majority of these women are happy being big. A lot of funcational everyday activities are difficult, uncomfortable. Sitting on a bus (seat size), walking up flights of stairs, bending down to put on shoes, finding clothes to fit, walking (thighs rubbing together), using some public toilets (the ones with minimal space to move). Prolonged walking/other activities - the extra weight will cause excess sweating.

There is a reason most are big in the first place. Usually overeating because of unhappiness. I think most are just kidding themselves. And I'm saying this as a someone who used to be 2 stone overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i know plenty of guys that are chubby chasers.

dont know a single guy into the aneroxic chics.

so theres probably something in it

• Advertisement

You can't generalize from those sorts of extremes onto everyone else. e.g I don't know any cannibals but I know a serial killer...therefore cannibals don't exist.
    Some people find the sick or twisted to be attractive. But the vast majority find the normal or average to be where attractive begins and find the extremes to be where repulsion begins.

Anorexic = An illness. A serious medical condition.
    BBW = sick too especially if they are 25 stone and 5 foot 2.

Bringing up anorexics on a BBW thread seems to be a BBW way of bullying thin people in order to try make themselves feel better. But theres no hierarchy involved here except for those who take comfort in delusion.

couse i can generalise.

this is the internet.

and i dont know anyone that fancies skinny chicks but know several that chase fat birds.

thats called experience.

the OP was under the impression the fat girls are just kidding themselves when theres patently a market out there for em.

and i dont know anyone that fancies skinny chicks but know several that chase fat birds.

theres a whole confidence issue with that too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Larianne wrote: »
    I don't think the majority of these women are happy being big. A lot of funcational everyday activities are difficult, uncomfortable. Sitting on a bus (seat size), walking up flights of stairs, bending down to put on shoes, finding clothes to fit, walking (thighs rubbing together), using some public toilets (the ones with minimal space to move). Prolonged walking/other activities - the extra weight will cause excess sweating.

There is a reason most are big in the first place. Usually overeating because of unhappiness. I think most are just kidding themselves. And I'm saying this as a someone who used to be 2 stone overweight.

+1. It can't be a happy experience being so overweight that regular, everyday things become a chore. And you have to ask, were they really ever happy with how they looked, if they let themselves get so big in the first place?

Of course, beauty is subjective, and everyone has their own opinion as to what is attractive and what isn't. But personally, for me, it's not the fact that they're physically big that makes me find them unattractive, it's the fact that they allowed themselves to get that way.

When you say "chubby chaser" are you actually talking about the BBW phenomenon, women who are say, 20+ stone, or are you talking about women who might be carrying a little extra weight and are in or around the size 16 mark?

Which do you prefer ?

You just have to go to a bar or club where both sexes congregate to see the skinny birds getting all the attention whereas as Darwin might predict , the smartest of the fat birds develop an exterior of self confidence for practical reasons to try to snare a relationship for themselves. You also see the skinny birds or those who are in shape are on the covers of magazines etc. You could know a lot more people who prefer their partner to be in a healthy shape than you think. As a man I assume I will die before my partner. This doesn't bother me but if my partner was obese then the whole situation could change rapidly. I could spend the last 20 to 30 years of my life alone unless I felt interested enough at the time to invest something into a new relationship. So with a bbw even the longevity of the relationship could be a factor.

ive never weight them so i dont know.

im not into it.

but they'd be described as obesse by normal standards, so i reckon your talking circa the 16 stone mark for a 5.6/7 inch girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Yeeeah... so after re-examining some of the posts on this thread I'm gonna have to say there is perhaps some sexism behind this.
    There are just as many fat and obese men but no one seems to bitch about them, and there are plenty of fat men convinced they're god's gift to womankind.
    In fact the media is far more accepting of fat men than they are of women, just look at the likes of Seth Rogen in Knocked up, do you think they'd ever dream of casting an overweight woman as a lead in the average film? (without the movie being directly about her weight). People set far more restrictive standards of looks when it comes to women.
    Sorry I had to bring up gender, but the OP did specifically target women, so it was inevitable.

shallow hal, is one movie that shows this it took 5 yrs to make, Gwyneth spent 2 yrs putting on weight for the overweight scenes, then spent 2 yrs losing it for the underweight scenes,

where they could of just cast an overweight woman for the part.

psychward wrote: »
    Which do you prefer ?

You just have to go to a bar or club where both sexes congregate to see the skinny birds getting all the attention whereas as Darwin might predict , the smartest of the fat birds develop an exterior of self confidence for practical reasons to try to snare a relationship for themselves. You also see the skinny birds or those who are in shape are on the covers of magazines etc. You could know a lot more people who prefer their partner to be in a healthy shape than you think. As a man I assume I will die before my partner. This doesn't bother me but if my partner was obese then the whole situation could change rapidly. I could spend the last 20 to 30 years of my life alone unless I felt interested enough at the time to invest something into a new relationship. So with a bbw even the longevity of the relationship could be a factor.

im 38.

my days of clubbing are long over :)

but ive been in em for decades and from what ive seen the best looking girls DONT get attention in clubs.

they get hassle at 2.30 when all the blokes are pissed.

and fashion mags have fup all to do with what men fancy. thats women projecting things on themselves.

my preference is petite girls with big tits.

:)

but ive been in em for decades and from what ive seen the best looking girls DONT get attention in clubs.

Another confidence issue there

• Advertisement

they get hassle at 2.30 when all the blokes are pissed.

My problem always was that I am exactly the same drunk as sober... slightly mad on both counts ;) So I would approach a lot of very hot girls as I couldn't rely on booze for ''courage.''
    The hot girls are in their own bubble like every other social grouping. There was always some gay guy with a sweater wrapped around his shoulders trying to cock block though but not sure whos cock he was after lol. And a lot of times a BBW friend who seemed to feel hard done by if she didn't get first pick of whichever men approached and if she didn't then she'd try to sabotage it for her hot friend and even try to make them leave the club or go home early. I danced with a hot girl who begged me to shift her fat friend more than once. She even gave my number to her fat friend (whos arms had fat hanging like bat wings even though she was only 20 ugh) who then proceeded to text me a few times a day for months even though I ignored those texts. On Halloween she texted me : im wearing my bunny ears and nothing else..... absolute looper.... a lucky escape. I had barely exchanged 10 words with her in that club and had ignored her for hours there and never saw her again. It took years of therapy to be even able to tell this story :pac:

Advertisement