Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo@Midnight?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Probably a longshot but does anybody know if any shops are doing a midnight opening for Halo:CE tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Doubt it...Can't see this being a big selling title.
    Especially at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Figured as much, no harm in asking though :D

IMHO i don't think €40 is too much over the odds for this, i'd only hope they re-release Halo 2 when the time comes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Agreed, and given i paid full price for it originally i wont be this time around. Might grab it when its a bit cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's 39.99 which is decent, personally can't wait for it. Gutted that I'm so busy tomorrow I won't be able to play it at all, but Wednesday, got the whole day off to enjoy it....was watching the opening sequence on Youtube this morning, gave me shivers seeing it in HD glory!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

looking forward to playing it again and @40 I don't think the price is bad at all, will have to wait til the weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

you need halo reach to play this halo remake maps online,
    its not worth full price, wasn't impresed with the graphics, just relaunching a old game to make some quick cash

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

you need halo reach to play this halo remake maps online,
    its not worth full price, wasn't impresed with the graphics, just relaunching a old game to make some quick cash

You're wrong, you don't need reach to play the multiplayer online. The entire reach multiplayer is on the disc with Halo CEA campaign. Much like Halo 3 and ODST.

And at €40, it's a bargain, even when the maps, exclusive to the disc for the time being, are released, they'll be €15, so €25 for a game like this isn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

ok I stand corrected, just tried it there and got online, the servers must not have been up a day or two ago as there was nothing showing for playlists and I was just getting a message about entering a code to download the maps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Literally just started the game and already disappointed haha! Graphics are piss poor, frame rate is awful, and wtf did they do to Commander Keyes' face?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

id get it for the fun of having it, must have played the first game a gazillion times, but im not paying more than 30 for it!

rather get the new new just released titles for the extra 5-10 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Halo CEA is great, but the graphics aren't very good as posted above. Commander Keyes' chin bone sticks out way too much :P

I'd have much prefered if they just used the reach engine for it. Would look much better. The remastered sound effects are good.

This remake feels and plays the exact same as the original ( which was the development goal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Huge fan of this series (first game that I bought with the original xbox and still have it!). I'm very tempted to pick this up again. Although paying 40e for a game I've already played through is a tad steep. I may wait until it comes down a bit (or <gasp> trade in a few games for it!).

I watched the opening credits and a quick playthrough of the first level. The kinect audio command capability seems like a nice touch. But like the kinect itself the fun in that would wear off after about twenty minutes. The pistol and machine gun sounds more "beefy" (only way I can put it).

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Can you play online mulitplayer on blood gulch as in the original map not some reimagined version?

Advertisement