Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Carnaross mart weanling sales on tomorrow night

• 14-11-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I tryed to ring them today but could not get through and had a look on the internet and could not find any times. If it is on what time should I have them in for to have a good no. ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't be on but if you haven't already booked them in, your calves will be near the end of the sale. Try ringing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭wallycool

tanko wrote: »
    I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't be on but if you haven't already booked them in, your calves will be near the end of the sale. Try ringing in the morning.
    I was talking to a women that worked there a few weeks ago and she said that there is no booking animals in, it's only when the cattle arrive in the mart. Do you have a phone no for them? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

I think weanling sale starts at 6.30 or 7pm. Tel No. is 046 9240109

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭easymoney!

it starts a little before 7 alright you should ring the before and ask for a few numbers although it is hard to get them depending on who you are really !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭charliecon

The bulls start at 6 and the heifers at 7 , then the sucklers in ring 3 at 8.
    If it is bulls you are selling you could be there since yesterday and unless you have numbers already gotten you will be near the last ( at about 12 to 1 am). The only other way is to sell them in groups which are sold after the first 100 singles ,that way you should be in the ring around 9 -10 pm but you would need to have your cattle there about mid-day.
    There isn't usually as many heifers so 2 pm in the yard will get you sold at around 9 -10 in singles.
    Hope that isn't too confusing!!!!!
    BTW all the good numbers are held by the dealers and the big fella over at the bull ring who is also a haulier for the mart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

what do you mean by good numbers? seems along day to be waiting around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Tag along here, but does carnaross have more that a calf sale on a monday? like any other evening? I was there bank holiday monday (first time ever) but i only went at 2pm which was late for a calf sale at 11am. Its hard to get to day marts when working full time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Tag along here, but does carnaross have more that a calf sale on a monday? like any other evening? I was there bank holiday monday (first time ever) but i only went at 2pm which was late for a calf sale at 11am. Its hard to get to day marts when working full time

carnaross is probabley the biggest mart in the country right now , in many ways due to its relative close proximity to northern ireland , huge amount of exporters go there

monday is the main day and has a calf sale which starts at 11 .15 or thereabouts , would be over by one around this time of year but goes on untill after three in the spring

dairy cows are sold first in the heifer ring from around 11.30 , thier usually sold by one and then its heifers

bullock ring starts around eleven thirty aswell

tuesday is for sheep in the early part of the day and then its weanlings in the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

just home great mart!! lucky to have it only 20 mins away. sold 4 jan born weanlings tonight 2 made 950 1 made 940 and 1 made 1200:D:D long may this trade last

Mine were some BBs 780 euro they were april born and LMs made 830 euro April born as well . I though the blues would do alot better than the LIMS :mad:

• Advertisement

just home great mart!! lucky to have it only 20 mins away. sold 4 jan born weanlings tonight 2 made 950 1 made 940 and 1 made 1200:D:D long may this trade last

What weights and breeds were yours ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was talking to a dealer last week, he said that he couldnt buy weanlings in ardee as the price has been crazy for the last while, that they are cheaper in carnaross:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Was in carnaross last nite. lo.okin for heavy shapey heifers. i could see nothing suitable and found it a bit daunting trying to get a good look and osition to bid. cows there with calves at foot and i definately reckon they were the worst quality i have ever seen. every man with decent sucklers are trying to get rid of every screw they have.
    to whelan 1 i have heard the oposite about Ardee couple of lads were telling me it was a good place to pick up a bargain. Kingscourt mart i find is the handiest with reasonable quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

wallycool wrote: »
    What weights and breeds were yours ?

2 were 410 1 420 and 1 500 all bb was thinking might have got a little more but at d end of d day no complaints.

Advertisement