Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep needing to relearn things while trying to juggle five

Options
  • 14-11-2011 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to juggle five. The best I've done is 12 throws and catches. After some warming up I can flash them reasonably consistently.

That's the odd thing though - is the need to warm up. It is very different to learning three or four, or tricks with three in that regard. With those I would more often than not find that I did better not worse when coming back to it the next day. With five balls though I feel like it's not sticking in my brain so well and I need to remind myself how to do it. Maybe just because it requires significantly more skill and concentration, rather than teaching yourself the pattern. Or maybe I am just getting old...

Do/did other people find this?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Heya,

I find I need to repractice my throws more so than anything else. With 3 and four I agree with you alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TinfoilTinman

I'm in the same boat but Juggling is a form of excercise so warm-up is very important even for experienced jugglers.

Start off with 3 ball, do a few flashes and siteswaps move onto 4 and common 5 ball practice siteswaps before going into 5. It helps.

Doing it without any warm-up whatsoever is pretty difficult.

Happy Juggling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

3 in one hand drills are excellent strength builders for 5. Some spells with wrist weights and/or power dx are good for building up 5 ball endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Five balls takes a long time to perfect but it's worth it :)
    Enjoy learning it!

I would recommend a lot of practice with four balls and focussing on how you are standing.

Come to a juggling convention if you can.

Advertisement