Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perhaps this is a stupid question...

Options
  • 14-11-2011 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

...but why am I upgrading to a 4"+ screen when the res is the same as on the ~3.5" ones? I understand videos will be bigger, but tbh I don't really care about that, I want more text and icons on my screen so I can get more work done and more stuff read. Am I missing something?

On a less existential level, can anyone comment on the res on the Sensation XE? It's bigger I know, but is it just stretched to the native Android 480x800 or will I actually get more content on the screen? If the former, does it stretch well, or is it a bit wonky?

(Yes, I will actually buy a larger phone anyway. I'm just a curious person. :))

Thanks,
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It just stretches the same stuff. Mind due its not that bad unless you have a magnifying glass for eyes :)

Id welcome a 4" screen over a 3.5 any day even with 480x800 resolution :)

Its alot nicer for movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

dahamsta wrote: »
    ...but why am I upgrading to a 4"+ screen when the res is the same as on the ~3.5" ones? I understand videos will be bigger, but tbh I don't really care about that, I want more text and icons on my screen so I can get more work done and more stuff read. Am I missing something?

On a less existential level, can anyone comment on the res on the Sensation XE? It's bigger I know, but is it just stretched to the native Android 480x800 or will I actually get more content on the screen? If the former, does it stretch well, or is it a bit wonky?

(Yes, I will actually buy a larger phone anyway. I'm just a curious person. :))

Thanks,
    Adam
    The HTC Sensation XE has a screen resolution of 540x960 - which is plenty for a 4.3in screen. You won't see blocky pixels unless you take a magnifying glass to it.

Personally, I find 4in screens okay - even with lower resolution. The new breed of 4.6in+ are a bit unwieldy, if you ask me. When you need two hands to fire off a quick sms, the fun goes right out of "communication on the go" ...

Advertisement