Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Job and Dole??

• 14-11-2011 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Ok, so my gf has been offered Christmas work and is currently getting Jobseekers Benefit.

If she takes the job, will there be issues regarding the amount of dole she will receive after christmas if she has to go back on the dole?

Also wondering about timeline regarding getting back on the dole,
    don't want to be going a few weeks without any money as that wouldn't work out too well for us.

Any advice or information people might have on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If the job is for less than 4 weeks, then they have a fast-track process to restart your claim.

But even if she signed off for longer than this, Jobseekers Benefit claims are dealt with very quickly, shouldn't take more than a few weeks and if she was stuck in the meantime she could apply for Supplementary Welfare Allowance from the Community Welfare Officer while the claim was pending.

Any claim made within 26 weeks of a previous Benefit claim is linked back to the previous claim, so she'll just pick up where she left off. She'll also have earned a few credits which may help her re-qualify for Benefit once it exhausts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

What about areas with a long back log of payments, how quickly will being fast tracked make things...
    I'd say go for the job as well, shows shes willing to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I was told that a claim is also fast tracked if you have had an active JSA/JSB claim in the previous 6 months. So she could work longer than four weeks without worrying about a 6-8 week delay.

It's hard to say how quickly fast tracking can happen in your own area. When I had temporary employment in the past my claim was re-open within the week of the cessation of my temporary employment, i.e. I didn't miss the next due payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

Is her job full time or part time? If it is part time she can fill out the part time work slips and just collect her dole for the days she doesnt work she can work up to 20 hours a week and still claim some benifit.

All she has to do is go to the dole office get the form and then get the form filed out by her job, it doesnt take long she mightnt get full amounts for a while but she will be getting money from the job and whats owed will be back dated. When she finishes work just change back to whats she on now it doesnt take long

Advertisement