Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP6730b powering off.

• 14-11-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi, I have this notebook which has been powering off completely for no reason. It does it on battery or mains/docking station. It may take 10 or so attempts to start up again. The fan comes on, screen, lights, then just at the xp logo its cuts off. main board was replaced 3 months ago. Then it might work for days without issue! Assistance very wellcome, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭holcus

I can think of 4 possible reasons:

1. It could be overheating. Someone who replaced motherboard my have not properly apply thermal grease between CPU/GPU/Northbridge and heatsink.
    2. Someone might have forgot to put insulating sticker between motherboard and casing and it's now short circuiting somewhere.
    3. Check a fan also, there may be a lot of dust which needs to be removed.
    4. Finally it could be a faulty motherboard; was it second hand or new?

Advertisement