Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a serious jogging partner

• 14-11-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hi id like to find out if anyone would be willing to jog an hour every morning at 5,45 in limerick,its the only time i get a chance.gyms are boring and dont open that early.im 27 female:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

orlibug84 wrote: »
    hi id like to find out if anyone would be willing to jog an hour every morning at 5,45 in limerick,its the only time i get a chance.gyms are boring and dont open that early.im 27 female:)

horizontal joggin' ? sorry couldnt resist the lame joke..
    Fair play to you getting up at 5.45 with the dark mornings and winter setting in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I do run at around that time or a bit earlier a number of times a week, but I tend to run for more than an hour and alternate between cross country and tarmac. Also with me it is much more of a run than a jog as I like to keep the pace up.

Have you tried posting in athletics/running forum as well to see if there is anyone who would match what you are looking for? There are a number from Limerick that use the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 orlibug84

rok wrote: »
    horizontal joggin' ? sorry couldnt resist the lame joke..
    Fair play to you getting up at 5.45 with the dark mornings and winter setting in!
    " horizontal joggin"...good one lol :)there s nothing better for me than to start the day in the morning air jog running,i find it very difficult to do it in evening ,just doesnt suit me.been doing it for 2 years now hail rain ice or snow....yes im addicted ,ut its a healthy addiction :)

Kess73 wrote: »
    I do run at around that time or a bit earlier a number of times a week, but I tend to run for more than an hour and alternate between cross country and tarmac. Also with me it is much more of a run than a jog as I like to keep the pace up.

Have you tried posting in athletics/running forum as well to see if there is anyone who would match what you are looking for? There are a number from Limerick that use the forum.
    hi thanks for your suggestion about posting in athletics -running:)
    your routine sounds great ,cross country tarmac!ive never gone beyond the hr ,but im def capable.i would be a little faster than just jogging!

orlibug84 wrote: »
    hi thanks for your suggestion about posting in athletics -running:)
    your routine sounds great ,cross country tarmac!ive never gone beyond the hr ,but im def capable.i would be a little faster than just jogging!

My routine also includes some sprint training, a fair share of weight training, and a lot of bag and pad work. A wee bit of a fitness head am I.:D

I run on a semi competitive basis, although some that know me say there is no semi about it:D, and pretty much train that way as well.

I have seen a few people out and about when I run in the mornings though, mostly when I am running in the Dooradoyle/Ballyclough/Ballycummin neck of the woods, so a few of them might post on here as well and may be interested in a new jogging/running buddy.

• Advertisement

My routine also includes some sprint training, a fair share of weight training, and a lot of bag and pad work. A wee bit of a fitness head am I.:D

I run on a semi competitive basis, although some that know me say there is no semi about it:D, and pretty much train that way as well.

I have seen a few people out and about when I run in the mornings though, mostly when I am running in the Dooradoyle/Ballyclough/Ballycummin neck of the woods, so a few of them might post on here as well and may be interested in a new jogging/running buddy.
    ok i thought i was an addict to fitness:eek::D.:Dkeep up the good work !good for you!thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

making me feel really guilty :(
    I need to get back into it, and can't find the time during the day. I think early morning is what awaits me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also need to get back jogging! Its tough going doing it around Raheen. Much better in UL but the fields are much too waterlogged to go running on them unless you use the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

doing about 2 5k's a week to try and keep it up...hard to find time for everything.
    UL as some nice loops in it though if the pitches are waterlogged

Mc Love wrote: »
    Also need to get back jogging! Its tough going doing it around Raheen. Much better in UL but the fields are much too waterlogged to go running on them unless you use the track.

Where is a nice spot to run are the canal banks between Ardnacrusha, Clonlara, O Brien's Bridge and the dam on the Lough Derg side of O Brien's bridge.

Quite like parts of the Clare Hills also, and for some reason I love the stretch between the South Court and Coonagh roundabout going from the South Court to the South Circular road, then down to the Dock road and across the bridge then out to the roundabout and back. It has quite a lot of slopes each way, and is a good early morning route for me.

As for you finding it tough in Raheen, why not try using the industrial estate in the evenings?

• Advertisement

I used to run 3 nights a week i Raheen, I live out in the sticks in Ahane, and find it hard even running on the back roads, with cars coming around the corner etc...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Moved a few off-topic posts over to the Waffle Thread. And this thread runs on...

As for you finding it tough in Raheen, why not try using the industrial estate in the evenings?

Thats a good idea actually. Although I normally go for a jog/run/exercise when I get up and thats usually around the lunchtime part of the day.

seachto7 wrote: »
    I used to run 3 nights a week i Raheen, I live out in the sticks in Ahane, and find it hard even running on the back roads, with cars coming around the corner etc...

Would the GAA club there allow you to run laps around their training pitch if you asked? Might be worth finding out. The worst they can say is no.

Pop Sound Of White Noise into the ipod and you would be set. :)

Would the GAA club there allow you to run laps around their training pitch if you asked? Might be worth finding out. The worst they can say is no.

They probably wont as you could hurt yourself and then put in a claim and the club is up **** creek

I'd prefer to pop in The Greater of Two Evils or a bit of Slipknot....
    Dunno, would running around a pitch not be heavy on the legs, I'd have to wear football boots too...I could just head into UL and use the track, but I like the idea of just being able to walk out the door and do it.......

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to pop in The Greater of Two Evils or a bit of Slipknot....
    Dunno, would running around a pitch not be heavy on the legs, I'd have to wear football boots too...I could just head into UL and use the track, but I like the idea of just being able to walk out the door and do it.......

Would not be a fan of running to Slipknot, although Psychosocial could be a good running track.

Among The Living is a good Anthrax album to run to as well, imho of course.

Advertisement