Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Ping

• 14-11-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a gamer. I live in Ferrybank, Co. Kilkenny. I had an apartment nearby for 6 months and i had UPC which was fantastic. I then moved into a house with UPC and it was fantastic. I then went to another apartment with UPC and it was even better somehow. Then i bought a house thinking that there was UPC. There is. From 1-42. I'm in 46.

I initially had to get Eircom to activate the line and it was meh. Pings were >100. A fair share of lag. After 6 months i changed to WiMax. I'm paying for a 7mb line and getting 9. Upload is supposed to be 512kb and i'm getting 618ish. All wired connections.

Thing is, and maybe it's because they probably have more customers since i joined over a year ago, but my ping is constantly over 100ms. And more than likely over 125ms. Which is crap.

Is there anything i can do, or anyone i can change to who will have better ping rates? Also, i can't access the router because Imagine don't allow access, so i can't give a status page screenshot. Speedtest can give ping rates from 70 up to 180. It's not constant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ping to what....what address are you pinging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's my problem, gaming on the 360 usually doesn't have dedicated servers so i could be on a game hosted in the UK, France, Italy, USA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Not much you can do if you wernt happy with adsl from eircom as.it would have been better than.the wimax you.are on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not much you can do if you wernt happy with adsl from eircom as.it would have been better than.the wimax you.are on now.

I thought WiMax was better when i first got it, but i suppose the more people that went on it the less reliable it became... Cheers!

Advertisement