Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy water system

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I recently moved into an apartment that i'm renting with some other people.
    The water system in the apartment is extremely noisey. Its so loud that if somebody runs a tap in the middle of the night it wakes everybody else up.
    Surely something as simple as running water shouldn't cause us all to lose sleep.
    Im not sure what causes it to be so noisey but somebody told me it's the water pump.
    We were wondering should we get onto the landlord about this or are we stuck with the problem until the lease runs out next year?

That's a long time to go without sleep :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A pump shouldn't be that loud. The landlord has to fix it. Landlord will try to pass respnsibility to developer / management company, but you have no contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Could be a pressure pump. Mine is out on repair at the moment. It got to a stage where if the pump went off you'd have to turn the TV up to hear anything. Landlord may have to get it repaired (around €180) or replaced (€380 - €500).

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

I live in an apartment with a pump and i just turn it off at night. Water still comes out of the taps (but at a low pressure) I just turn it back on when i need a shower. My pump is easy to access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruth_emily

Thanks very much guys

Advertisement