Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting an older campervan in Europe

• 14-11-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking to rent an older campervan in Europe in June of next year.
    Does anyone have any advice?

The companies im finding have brand new expensive models which I cant afford. Should I be looking to go private rental?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bo.jangles

Hmmmmmmmmm, Why would anyone want to rent an older campervan in Europe in June of next year .

Sorry can not help but best of luck if for the FOOTBALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Football? Myself and 5 friends are merely looking for a lovely break in Poland and Ukraine, hoping to avoid crowds and busy cities...

Also, would anyone have a problem with us spray painting the camper van green white and orange? :p

Anyone have any tips? Mcrent seems to only handle brand new vehicles...

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Football? Myself and 5 friends are merely looking for a lovely break in Poland and Ukraine, hoping to avoid crowds and busy cities...

Also, would anyone have a problem with us spray painting the camper van green white and orange? :p

I'm also looking around for a 2-berth rental for Meself and the wife for a couple of weeks over there. If anyone knows any alternative to MCRent around the Germany, Czech Rep, Poland, Hungary area, I'd be grateful for any advice. Even Holland or Belgium would do. Google just turns up an infinite amount of US rental companies. Haven't found too much reliable European sites so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you're going to paint it and there's going to be 5 people living in it for a few weeks you may be better picking a cheap heap up here and driving across. There are plenty of cheap ones here that you may not buy for long term use but will do for a few weeks summer fun.

I'd say motor homes will be like hens teeth soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 WallabyPie

Handy11 wrote: »
    I'm also looking around for a 2-berth rental for Meself and the wife for a couple of weeks over there. If anyone knows any alternative to MCRent around the Germany, Czech Rep, Poland, Hungary area, I'd be grateful for any advice. Even Holland or Belgium would do. Google just turns up an infinite amount of US rental companies. Haven't found too much reliable European sites so far.
    If you are looking for a campervan in Poland try google: "wypożyczalnia kamperów". Most of the pages are only in Polish though.

"cennik" or "oferta" = price-list
    1€ = 4.40 PLN(zł)

• Advertisement
Advertisement