Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal dispute on scope

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi i just created a paypal dispute on a scope i bought but still haven't received, i am curious if anyone has had to make a dispute, and what steps did you take?

bought it on the 2nd of october

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hococop wrote: »
    Hi i just created a paypal dispute on a scope i bought but still haven't received, i am curious if anyone has had to make a dispute, and what steps did you take?

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Where did you buy it?

on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Can you not just take your money back through paypal? I had to do that before and I've had to refund people through it and it all worked grand.

Contact them and they could probably help.

i opened the resolution centre on paypal and i have to wait for him to respond, here is his recent feedback http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=airsoftwinner2010&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Hococop wrote: »

You've taken the first step which is to open the dispute.
    From there the supplier will have to reply to you & open communications within a set time.
    They will have to be able to show proof of shipping the item.
    If they do not answer, nomal procedure is that PayPal refund your account. :)

If they do reply & can prove shipping of the order, then your only option is to enter into negotiations with the supplier. This can result in the funds going either way. :(

If they respond & you in turn do not, they normally get to keep the funds. :mad:

Make sure to include all correspondance from them.
    Date of purchase, any emails from them & to them etc, willl go in your favour.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

You've taken the first step which is to open the dispute.
    From there the supplier will have to reply to you & open communications within a set time.
    They will have to be able to show proof of shipping the item.
    If they do not answer, nomal procedure is that PayPal refund your account. :)

If they do reply & can prove shipping of the order, then your only option is to enter into negotiations with the supplier. This can result in the funds going either way. :(

If they respond & you in turn do not, they normally get to keep the funds. :mad:

Make sure to include all correspondance from them.
    Date of purchase, any emails from them & to them etc, willl go in your favour.

Best of luck.

cheers :), i created the dispute around this time 2 days ago and there is an option to escalate to a claim, i was wondering if there is no reply after around 5 or 6 days should i change it to a claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

Paypal are pretty good and they will contact you but they have to give the seller time to respond. Just be sure to respond promptly to their e-mails. Looking at the guys recent feedback, you can be fairly certain that all of those buyers have filed disputes with him for goods not received which will strengthen your case.

its 6 days since i made the the dispute and still no reply from him, if he doesn't reply by tomorrow should i make the dispute a paypal claim?

i updated it to a claim there awhile ago and was wondering do i wait for paypal to get back to me now?

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

Paypal will contact the Seller asking him to respond. If they do not, they will give you the funds and take it from the Seller.

Just make sure you keep an eye on this, as Rhinocharge said, a case can be closed in a week if you don't

• Advertisement

thanks when i go to the claim tab its says requiring your action but i cant respond but further down it says:

Status
    The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven't confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

Tracking number:
    Shipping company:
    What happens next

If you still haven’t received your item, you don’t need to do anything. We will review the information submitted by the seller and contact you with any developments by 25-Nov-2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

Any news?
    Never happen to me on ebay, I`m quite curios how did you get on :rolleyes:

currently it is being reviewed by paypal and they said they will get back to me by the 12 of december

just received a message to say that paypal are in my favor and i will be getting back my money in roughly 5 days :D

just got my money back thanks for the advice lads :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Delighted for ya mate, :)

Advertisement