Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Hub Problem

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I got a new mobile phone the other day & I installed the wifi hub app on my phone.

I registered the hub & everything went fine but when i went to launch the app I had a connection prob. I was doing this at home over my own wifi network at home with Eircom so I dont know why this wudn't work. I am with meteor network also

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kiersm wrote: »
    I got a new mobile phone the other day & I installed the wifi hub app on my phone.

I registered the hub & everything went fine but when i went to launch the app I had a connection prob. I was doing this at home over my own wifi network at home with Eircom so I dont know why this wudn't work. I am with meteor network also

Any help would be appreciated

Hi kiersm,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

The eircom WiFi App is designed to connect to the eircom WiFi Hotspots. It you need to connect to your home network with your new Phone, you will need to log on to your own wireless network. The following website (video) will give you an indication of how to connect on a standard computer device.

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Connect to Wireless'

eircom WiFi Hotspots are available throughout the country in places like Dublin Airport. You can access these WiFi Hubs for free around the country if you're an eircom or Meteor customer. Once you have registered you will receive a unique login (or through sms). Then you simply need to locate a WiFi Hub and connect to it.

All information on eircom's WiFi Hub is contained here : http://www.eircom.net/wifihub/

If you need assistance with you smartPhone, you may wish to contact the manufacturer of the device otherwise the following may be helpful:

Connect your wireless device

I hope this helps with your query.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Ant,

No. 1 I have been using this phone on my own network AT HOME since i got it. When i tried to connect to the wifi hub to see if it was working it told me there was a prob and to contact Support.

And i would like to say your attitude is rather patronising to say the least. Your tone leaves a lot to be desired. If have spoken with reps here before and found them to be vv helpful but you aren't. I do not like being spoken down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

kiersm wrote: »
    Ant,

No. 1 I have been using this phone on my own network AT HOME since i got it. When i tried to connect to the wifi hub to see if it was working it told me there was a prob and to contact Support.

And i would like to say your attitude is rather patronising to say the least. Your tone leaves a lot to be desired. If have spoken with reps here before and found them to be vv helpful but you aren't. I do not like being spoken down

Hi kiersm,

Thanks and apologies if I didn't understand your initial query. I may have been confused and thought you were using the WiFi Hub App to connect to your Home network.

From what you say, your Wireless on your mobile phone is no longer connecting to your home network after installing the eircom WiFi App. If this is the case, it sounds like the wireless settings on mobile phone may have changed or defaulted to different wireless settings.

The first thing I would check, if this is a problem only with the phone or is it happeing with you wireless computer or laptop.

Check wireless details on your modem. Just check the encryption type, ssid / and the loging details: password etc, and compare these with the your mobile phone. If using the eircom modem, just let me know if I can help you.

It it's just a wireless problem on the mobile phone then maybe remove the preferred network. Then reset your wireless settings. There's usually a wizard on most mobile phones to do this.

I use a HTC phone and recently also downloaded the WiFi Hub App. It was dropping off on my home network before (articularly when someone else was using a laptop. It's still the same, so I may try to change my wireless channels on the router, to see if this improves my wireless strength.

I haven't come across any issue where the WiFi Hub App has caused wireless connection problems on the home network. That said, you could also try to uninstall the Wifi Hub App. You will probably need to reconfigure your phone's wireless for your home network.

Let me know if I can help further or call into Tech Support directly.

Regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Hi kiersm,

Thanks and apologies if I didn't understand your initial query. I may have been confused and thought you were using the WiFi Hub App to connect to your Home network.

From what you say, your Wireless on your mobile phone is no longer connecting to your home network after installing the eircom WiFi App. If this is the case, it sounds like the wireless settings on mobile phone may have changed or defaulted to different wireless settings.

The first thing I would check, if this is a problem only with the phone or is it happeing with you wireless computer or laptop.

Check wireless details on your modem. Just check the encryption type, ssid / and the loging details: password etc, and compare these with the your mobile phone. If using the eircom modem, just let me know if I can help you.

It it's just a wireless problem on the mobile phone then maybe remove the preferred network. Then reset your wireless settings. There's usually a wizard on most mobile phones to do this.

I use a HTC phone and recently also downloaded the WiFi Hub App. It was dropping off on my home network before (articularly when someone else was using a laptop. It's still the same, so I may try to change my wireless channels on the router, to see if this improves my wireless strength.

I haven't come across any issue where the WiFi Hub App has caused wireless connection problems on the home network. That said, you could also try to uninstall the Wifi Hub App. You will probably need to reconfigure your phone's wireless for your home network.

Let me know if I can help further or call into Tech Support directly.

Regards,
    Ant

Why don't the passwords assigned to the customer NEVER work? For me at least.

I was with Meteor a couple of years ago and tried to avail of it, but it never logged in and I was prompted to contact customer service etc on 1890 (no thanks, considering the price of the call)

Now I'm with Emobile and thought I'd try it out again (maybe it's improved) but no, still the same bs. Why is this? Can the issue be rectified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

du Maurier wrote: »
    Why don't the passwords assigned to the customer NEVER work? For me at least.

I was with Meteor a couple of years ago and tried to avail of it, but it never logged in and I was prompted to contact customer service etc on 1890 (no thanks, considering the price of the call)

Now I'm with Emobile and thought I'd try it out again (maybe it's improved) but no, still the same bs. Why is this? Can the issue be rectified?

Hi du Maurier

eircom are working on a universal password functionality for all the services.

However at the moment every service needs to be registered for individually .

Did you register for StudyHub - http://bit.ly/Kjns2Y ?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement