Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland HELP????? [old Laser transactions coming through]

• 14-11-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Can the bank withdraw funds saying they are laser transactions from the past 5 months. I went online to find my account had gone from -€150 to -€1520.29 overnight and I rang 365 banking to be told it is laser payments from the last few months that had not been withdrawn from my account. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

So you actually made the payments, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

on the laser card i must have but was over 5 months so not sure if i mad all them as they are €10 here €20 there but i have been using my laser and payments going through on a regular basis these were one the bank say they missed

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GAA_PUNTER

This happened to me as well, they say it was a technical issue. Its a complete mystery how they can be so inept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

surely they cannot do it in a single transaction and you should be able to request a full reports on the transactions etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

jm0903 wrote: »
    Can the bank withdraw funds saying they are laser transactions from the past 5 months. I went online to find my account had gone from -€150 to -€1520.29 overnight and I rang 365 banking to be told it is laser payments from the last few months that had not been withdrawn from my account. :mad::mad::mad:

It could be the companies that put the charges through late. AFAIK charges can still be made up to 3 years after you purchased the item.
    Tippex wrote: »
    surely they cannot do it in a single transaction and you should be able to request a full reports on the transactions etc.

The OP has spent the money, there was some glich which didn't take the payments off their account straight away, but they still authorised each transaction.

Doesn't matter if they take them in one go or over a few weeks the charges are valid.

If anything the OP should have been checking their account more often and this wouldn't have been an issue as they could have highlighted to BoI that payments where missing and not spending money they already spent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

OP - this can happen quite easily. In some shops or locations, the transactions are not transmitted to the bank immediately. They are cached on the local terminal and "batched" to the bank at some later time. Now this should normally happen within a few days. However, there have been cases here on Boards where it has occured much later!

In some cases, I've even heard of transactions being found on terminals that were being batched regularly, but somehow these transactions were overlooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

And generally with my BOI laser all transaction are instant. I have checked my account minutes after transaction and the money is gone. Its usually great. The only exception is one coffee shop i go to which takes a couple of days. Otherwise instant for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

It is the company that you made the transactions with who are at fault, not the bank that you have your account with.
    The problem lies with how they process the payments.

Advertisement