Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged - what should I do?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So I feel very very silly altogether and would like people's opinions on this

I brought my friend to Patrick Guilbeauds (2 Michelin stars) for a special birthday lunch - lunch is good value there IMO - on Sat 5th

So in we went and had 2 champagne to start off, 2 glasses wine with lunch and 2 more champagne after lunch. The reason I say this it kind of explains what happened next...

So I asked for the bill while my friend went to the loo - I know she would've insisted on paying for the champagne which would have defeated the purpose so I paid hurriedly on my card. I was a bit shocked at the price but thought it was the champagne bumped it up

Now to the silly me bit - I just took out the receipt today and realised they overcharged me by €50 :( for 2 x Cheese courses that we didn't have

Should I email and explain what happened? I'm really not expecting anything as I take full responsibility for signing the bill. But a good few people have said now I should and a bit of me thinks they should be aware of this kind of thing - it is a 2 star place after all

Any opinions/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Of course you should contact them. Sure what have you got to lose? Ya never know, they might surprise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Of course you should contact them. Sure what have you got to lose? Ya never know, they might surprise you.

agree here

they certainly are not going to check all their dockets for that day without reason
    call them up and im sure they will credit your card back or give you a voucher
    after all ,they depend on good feedback from their clientele
    contact them and report back(i always find phone contact is best in circumstances like this)
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coddle

Thanks for the advice - I just wasn't sure as I should have checked the bill really but was a bit rushed and not untipsy!

I'll drop them an email tomorrow with the receipt scanned in

(Thanks for moving & sorry for posting in the wrong place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

coddle wrote: »
    I'll drop them an email tomorrow with the receipt scanned in

Probably better to ring them and ask for the manager directly. email can be a slow way to get such issues resolved. If you speak to someone, you'll get an immediate response. If it's close by then you should call in yourself, but do so at a non-busy time as you'll have more chance of speaking with someone in charge then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement