Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barbers lane

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

anyone know the story with the barbers in arundel sq? they recently moved to new premises across from the old place in conduit lane. i called in twice during the last few days but they seem to be closed. hope they are not another victim of the recession in waterford. it was/is a great barbers with great staff!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

There after moving back to the old shop again!! There's a sign in the door of the new shop to say there gone back to the old shop. I was in there the day after it happened and the girls working there weren't too sure what was happening but maybe someone knows more than me by now. Hope its not bad news though because they are really sound in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

One of the girls from there said theyre closed now last thurs/friday

One of the girls from there said theyre closed now last thurs/friday

Really sad news if it's true but fingers crossed its not:( I shall stay positive about them till I hear/see for definite....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

:(not looking good so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i know one of the girls and it sounds very bad indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

i know one of the girls and it sounds very bad indeed

Yea my friend worked there too. Not good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Hopefully it isn't true. Always get my hair cut there when I'm home on holidays.

Another victim of the recession I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear, not that I was much help to them only in twice or thrice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

There was always a good crowd in there every time I passed by - very surprised if it hasn't lasted in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I always remembered it as one of the busiest barbers, if not the busiest in town, how has it gone downhill so quickly? Am I right in saying that Tara Barbers on Ballybricken and that new barbers opposite vodafone on Arundel square have taken away business from Barber's Lane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dan133269 wrote: »
    I always remembered it as one of the busiest barbers, if not the busiest in town, how has it gone downhill so quickly? Am I right in saying that Tara Barbers on Ballybricken and that new barbers opposite vodafone on Arundel square have taken away business from Barber's Lane?

That was Barbers Lane. They moved to that building earlier in the year

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The barbers opposite Vodafone was Barbers Lane, they just moved from the old premises across the road to that building. Have no doubt that this shop will be reopen within a few days albeit in new management. They were doing a roaring trade in there. Hopefully all the girls who were employed there will retain their jobs under whatever new owners come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Will be intereting to see if the one in Tramore is still open

Any updates on this?? Is it back open or still closed or what's happening??

Anyone??

i passed by there yesterday and it was still closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

yeah it' still closed, just a notice in the door saying any queries ring a number. Very strange what happened.

still no news so i presume it's closed for good. pity really because it was the best around. sign of the times i suppose. high rates probably not helping. anyway i need a haircut badly so time to go elsewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Surely someone would take up that location though. It's fitted out as a barber's and is right in the city centre.

leduke wrote: »
    anyway i need a haircut badly so time to go elsewhere!!!

Same here any suggestions for anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Same here any suggestions for anywhere else?
    docs barbers on michael street

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sign on the door gives a contact name and number with "Any questions, anytime". No other notice, the old one about being moved for a week was removed. Seems odd seeing as it was only a few months ago it was fitted out from an empty unit to a busy barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

opening back up Friday

The Blackfriar Barber opens this friday in Conduit Lane (the old Barbers Lane shop) just around the corner from the post office in Arundel Square. I'll be most grateful for any custom you can send my way. Facebook page etc on the way in the next couple of day

posted by a friend of mine on the facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Rent is way too much to sustain any barbers.

south wrote: »
    opening back up Friday

The Blackfriar Barber opens this friday in Conduit Lane (the old Barbers Lane shop) just around the corner from the post office in Arundel Square. I'll be most grateful for any custom you can send my way. Facebook page etc on the way in the next couple of day

posted by a friend of mine on the facebook

Is it the same person than who had barbers lane or a new person?

New person. He's not a barber but would be well known on the music scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

south wrote: »
    New person. He's not a barber but would be well known on the music scene.
    Neil White

yes.

glad to report i was in the old shop on conduit lane today. new management but some of the girls from old barbers lane working there. they did a first class job as usual and i'll be giving them my support!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seemed to have remained open in Tramore anyway

Advertisement