Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barbers lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

from what i can gather they have all reopened under new management

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

sorry to hear its closed, but with so many turkish and polish barbers opening up it was always going to blow competition up all over the city, i just past the barbers in the lisduggan shopping center today and there was a que of people waiting to get the heads scalped for probably half the price they would normally pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Urbanhenhouses

3 of the girls from barbers lane are in the old barbers lane shop around the corner from the post office in arundel sq. under new management etc, was mad busy in there on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quick bump, I'll be in town tomorrow and desperately need a cut, are this lot actually open or not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mike65 wrote: »
    Quick bump, I'll be in town tomorrow and desperately need a cut, are this lot actually open or not?!

Blackfriars Barber in their old shop is open. Few of the same girls there

• Advertisement

Blackfriars Barber?!

Right so its the same place at the top of Conduit Lane but a new name. Jasus.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blackfriar-Barber/143815705722333

Blackfriars Barber?!

Right so its the same place at the top of Conduit Lane but a new name. Jasus.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blackfriar-Barber/143815705722333

Different owners

Right, they should have used the old name, never change the name of an established business in a given location even if its a got new owners.

Right, they should have used the old name, never change the name of an established business in a given location even if its a got new owners.

How could they though?
    They didnt buy the old Barbers Lane business. Barbers Lane went bust.
    Someone saw an oppertunity with premises available and a couple of experienced barbers just out of work so set up a brand new business.

While the name would have been registered by the old owners once the old business was wound up it would be free to use I'm sure. Any commercial lawyers in the house?

• Advertisement

While the name would have been registered by the old owners once the old business was wound up it would be free to use I'm sure. Any commercial lawyers in the house?

Depends on the debt associated with that business id say. Theres probably still stuff going on with that name so nobody else could have taken it

Got the barnet done today, you'd never guess it changed ownership really, one euro discount on next cut when you pay. That'll be in about 9 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Massive bump - The Blackfriar Barber in Conduit Lane seems to be closed down. For Lease sign on it.

If so anyone know where the girls went, they did a nice job and were good to talk to/or not depending on mood

Advertisement