Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I got my envelope maybe 9 months ago but forgot to send it back. Is it still valid or do I have to apply again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I got my envelope maybe 9 months ago but forgot to send it back. Is it still valid or do I have to apply again?

I think you've only got 10 days to send it back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I think you've only got 10 days to send it back!!

Ah no. No chance of a second envelope I presume seeing as I had to enter the serial number to get the first? Damn Procastination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Ah no. No chance of a second envelope I presume seeing as I had to enter the serial number to get the first? Damn Procastination

Just enter your details again. They should send you another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

i had mine well over a month before i sent mine back and i received the iPod within a week no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

My sis-in-law didn't return hers for over a month (was sick when the envelope arrived, and forgot about it for a while), but sent it off and did get a new one, although she had to call Apple Support to chase it up, as she hadn't heard back for a few months - it had been forgotten in the system (it was early on in the replacement programme, so they were a bit swamped), but there was no problem in the end.

If you are sending an envelope off, keep a note of the serial number of the old device, so you can enquire about any delays, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sorry to drag up a zombie thread

Anyone have issues with the replacement nano 6th gen? Mine stopped working out of the blue - on / off button gone. Quick search in the internet reveals this is a common problem. Worth chancing my arm with Apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Does anyone know can the replacement be done in store?
    I will be in New York next week, and will bring it with me to get it replaced if they can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mcw92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know can the replacement be done in store?
    I will be in New York next week, and will bring it with me to get it replaced if they can :)

Bring a rotary dial phone and see if they'll exchange it for an iPhone6. Seriously, you haven't a chance of getting an instore exchange, you need to follow the procedure documented earlier here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

coylemj wrote: »
    Bring a rotary dial phone and see if they'll exchange it for an iPhone6. Seriously, you haven't a chance of getting an instore exchange, you need to follow the procedure documented earlier here.

Seen online somewhere if you can't get to a store then do the process online, Leading to the assumption that it cab be done in store.

And I doubt Apple will do a rotary dial phone - iPhone 6 exchange.... even online.... :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement