Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I reckon what's happening is that all the replacement iPods are being given new serial numbers. As iTunes doesn't recognise, it assumes they are sequential, so must be 6th gens. I reckon they're normal 1st gens, but with unknown serials, so iTunes assumes they're 6th gens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Confirmation that Apple are indeed shipping 6th gen replacements....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1294391

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

I don't want a 6th gen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Just wondering if anybody has got their replacement ipod after the 1st gen product recall for dodgy battery issue.
    If so what did you get, original one back repaired? a refurbished one?

If I check the status on the one I returned it says, issue identified, product replacement pending, status hasn't changed in a while though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Whats the likelyhood of Apple replacing my nano considering I replaced the screen myself with a screen I got from Ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

my replacement is enroute - it shipped 27/12/11 - will update as soon as it arrives

Played with a 6th gen Nano for the first time today in Arnotts basement lower ground floor, sexy little gadget. Will happily accept one as a replacement for my old 1st gen model.

my replacement is enroute - it shipped 27/12/11 - will update as soon as it arrives

When did you send yours? Mines still "pending" since 15/11

antodeco wrote: »
    When did you send yours? Mines still "pending" since 15/11

sent it 15/11; checked ups tracking number this morning - its in belgium at the minute; scheduled to arrive on thurs 5th january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Mine still says pending as well. Nice that they are replacing them with 6th Gen... I think I sent mine in December so I'd say i'll be waiting a while.

• Advertisement

ciano316 wrote: »
    Mine still says pending as well. Nice that they are replacing them with 6th Gen... I think I sent mine in December so I'd say i'll be waiting a while.

Steady now, we don't yet have an Irish owner who has received the new model as a replacement.

Mine was collected the week before Christmas, just checked now and the status is 'Product Received, Issue Identified & Product Replacement Pending', dated Dec 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Gave mine to charity VERY recently and it was still working :/
    Bought it in december so it probably woulda been covered
    FFFFUUUUU charity!!!!!!

Its gonna he here tomorrow - just checked ups - I'll check back in on receipt!

Its gonna he here tomorrow - just checked ups - I'll check back in on receipt!

Apologies to George Hamilton (Italia '90) ......

The nation holds it's breath!

Its here - drum roll please! Its a 6th gen - a silver one. Very nifty but very tiny. Its just the ipod and an applecare leaflet - no adaptor for a speaker dock so hopefully it slots in directly or fits my old nano's adaptor! All in all though very happy - think I'll treat myself to some new headphones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

this offer still on, i might ahve an old one at home!

Its here - drum roll please! Its a 6th gen - a silver one. Very nifty but very tiny. Its just the ipod and an applecare leaflet - no adaptor for a speaker dock so hopefully it slots in directly or fits my old nano's adaptor! All in all though very happy - think I'll treat myself to some new headphones!

Great news. BTW I think it's so small that a dock adapter really isn't necessary, it should fit straight on to the connector but the centre of gravity is so low that a dock adapter wouldn't really serve any purpose.

In fact I just checked and there doesn't seem to be a dock adapter for a 6th gen nano...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1380

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

What sort of capacity are we talking here? 8GB? 16GB? or a measly 4GB?

Mine was literally collected by UPS a second ago...

The screen flickers a bit, and the buttons need to be mashed to work properly, but I'm still hoping Apple will find it in their hearts to give us a 6th Gen! Here's hoping, anyway...

D_D wrote: »
    What sort of capacity are we talking here? 8GB? 16GB? or a measly 4GB?

Mine was literally collected by UPS a second ago...

The screen flickers a bit, and the buttons need to be mashed to work properly, but I'm still hoping Apple will find it in their hearts to give us a 6th Gen! Here's hoping, anyway...

The 6th gen models come with either 8GB or 16GB so I'd say you're looking at getting at least double the RAM you sent back. Some people might even send back the 1GB model and get an 8x upgrade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have my UPS pack here, how do I arrange them to pick it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

it seems you logged the support call after me and have your received !! mine is still saying awaiting product replacement.

:(

mloc123 wrote: »
    I have my UPS pack here, how do I arrange them to pick it up?

There is a letter in the pack you received, it has the Irish UPS number to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

UPS now have my 2GB white Nano 1st Gen heading off on it's merry way to the UK this evening too. Going to have a long wait going by what some on here have experienced, but seeing as the nano was at the bottom of a box of junk and unused, well.... beggars can't be choosers.

I'm now waiting 2 months! I've no iPod so streaming all my music out and about. I'll give them until the end of week and contact them of still no update

Just to note - I've no idea what gb my new nano is - it doesn't say on the back - neither does it have a serial number. The enclosed leaflet basically says that its under warranty for 90 days and that's it - I'm assuming its the lowest 8gb?

Have to say was surprised to get it so soon - I assumed I wouldn't hear anything til well into new year. Hubbie sent his back 10 days after me - we input them serial numbers on the apple site one after the other and that's how much longer the ups bag for his took to come. He hasn't hear a thing - he also didn't keep a note of his serial number so he can't check - mine was in perfect condition but his screen was a bit wonky.

Ragin cos he's working away this week and has the laptop woth him so can't put any music etc on my new nano til weekend.

Just to note - I've no idea what gb my new nano is - it doesn't say on the back - neither does it have a serial number. The enclosed leaflet basically says that its under warranty for 90 days and that's it - I'm assuming its the lowest 8gb?

Can you switch it on and select Settings/General/About, it might mention the capacity there.

Ah! 7.3gb - its under settings and about - that's where serial number is too! Sorry for being so slow - I'm on my fisherprice blackberry curve and its SLOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

6th gen nano on the way back to me also, according to the sn.

Looks like people who sent them back early will get 6th gen nanos, but by now they'll have tonnes of old 1st gen in stock and ready to refurbish so I wouldn't count on latecomers getting 6th gens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

6th gen nano on the way back to me also, according to the sn.

Looks like people who sent them back early will get 6th gen nanos, but by now they'll have tonnes of old 1st gen in stock and ready to refurbish so I wouldn't count on latecomers getting 6th gens.

And you're confident that they have tonnes of old 1st gens back in stock why exactly?? I fully expect to receive a 6th Gen TBH.

Advertisement