Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Sent mine back last Thursday with UPS.
    Status has changed on Apple Repair Status today - "product replacement pending".
    Status 2 was "issue identified"... so looks like i'm getting a new one anyways. Whether it's a 6th gen or not - remains to be seen.

You will get a new 6th gen one, got mine today , sent back the 1st gen one that had been in a drawer since forever, may be waiting another while though, sent mine back in November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

Just got a 16gb 6th generation for my original 4gb!! Yeay Apple!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Mine has been saying Product replacement pending since December 21, 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Yeah, apple are really taking their time, mine was sent way back on november 18th. It says product replacement pending. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Yeah, apple are really taking their time, mine was sent way back on november 18th. It says product replacement pending. :P
    pippam wrote: »
    Mine has been saying Product replacement pending since December 21, 2011.

Ah great.... thanks for bursting my bubble. No point in leaving the page open then and every so often hitting F5 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Mine arrived today (15th November). 8gb silver. Interesting that on the red label on the back it says '500 of 3000'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

antodeco wrote: »
    Mine arrived today (15th November). 8gb silver. Interesting that on the red label on the back it says '500 of 3000'.

Hope my name is on one of the remaining 2,500 ;)

Knowing my luck i'll probably get my original back saying nothing is wrong with it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Ah great.... thanks for bursting my bubble. No point in leaving the page open then and every so often hitting F5 :rolleyes:

I'd say they'll send you out an email with tracking details so there's no point refreshing the page :p

So, i got my replacement today, I got a new nano like everyone suspected. They don't send out emails confirming shipping details, i just had to refresh the page. It took apple almost 2 months to send my replacement. I've attached a picture of the packaging it comes in.

photo2-1-1.jpg

• Advertisement

So, i got my replacement today, I got a new nano like everyone suspected. They don't send out emails confirming shipping details, i just had to refresh the page. It took apple almost 2 months to send my replacement. I've attached a picture of the packaging it comes in.

photo2-1-1.jpg

So, 2 months after they had said "product replacement pending" - or 2 months from you opening the ticket?

2 months after opening the ticket, a month and a half of product replacement pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Sent mine back last Thursday with UPS.
    Status has changed on Apple Repair Status today - "product replacement pending".
    Status 2 was "issue identified"... so looks like i'm getting a new one anyways. Whether it's a 6th gen or not - remains to be seen.

This is exactly where I am with mine. From the 10th of January it has come up as 'Product Replacement Pending'. My request to Apple officially went in on the 21st of December...

So you think this means we're definitely in for a new Nano?

I also sent in a 4GB version, so does this mean I could get a 16GB version back like the poster above? Anyone else receive a 4GB version?

I sent in a 4GB one and i only got back an 8GB one back. It looks like apple are working through these faster now, i must have sent it in before they were ready to send new ones out. And yes,, i'd say everyone is in for a new nano. It's not as if apple still have stock or the manufacturing capabilities to make new stock of the 1st gen nanos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I sold my old one after it broke, if I can find the serial will I have any hope of getting a new one? Broke after 1 year...

EDIT: I logged into my Apple account on the support page but only my iPhone 3G is showing up with it's serial.

You have to send back the original nano with the correct serial on it in order to get a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

You have to send back the original nano with the correct serial on it in order to get a replacement
    I know now, I rang them :/

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Daniel S wrote: »
    I sold my old one after it broke, if I can find the serial will I have any hope of getting a new one? Broke after 1 year...

7236163.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just got my confirmation e-mail there now,prob have it by Monday or Tuesday, then have to get it shipped to me in the US...sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Any more updates on this from anyone? I've been at 'Product Replacement Pending' since January 10th...

• Advertisement

D_D wrote: »
    Any more updates on this from anyone? I've been at 'Product Replacement Pending' since January 10th...

As have I, same date. Think we'll have quite a wait longer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Traveling Matt

Mine on the way. "Product replacement pending" from December 20th to January 14th. Should have it by tomorrow or Thursday. 6th generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus I hate UPS...saying they can't deliver asmthemaddress isn't a registered building!

It's the same fcuking house they collected it from and delivered countless things too....and it's always the same two,drivers...incompetent dicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

4th Jan - request made
    11th Jan - old 1gb nano shipped via ups
    17th jan - "issue identified" and "product replacement pending"

so in less than 2 weeks i've got to "replacement pending"

i reckon i'll have my new 8gb nano watch by next wednesday !

and there was me considering selling this thing for €20 less than a month ago

all praise Apple :p

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Collected by UPS on Dec 1st
    product pending on Dec 17th
    Got my new nano last Friday!
    A very long wait but at least it's a brand new 8Gb as opposed to a 1Gb!

4th Jan - request made
    11th Jan - old 1gb nano shipped via ups
    17th jan - "issue identified" and "product replacement pending"

so in less than 2 weeks i've got to "replacement pending"

The initial burst of activity doesn't last long.
    i reckon i'll have my new 8gb nano watch by next wednesday !

Don't rush out and buy the watch strap just yet, I have been in 'product replacement pending' status since Dec 30th, still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Never knew about this thread!
    Anyway I got a tasty brand new 8GIG 6th gen touch screen iPod Nano :-)
    I am a very happy camper!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

30 Dec - service requested.

10 Jan - bag recieved, Old nano shipped.

11 Jan - UPS delivered.

13 Jan - product recieved.
    13 jan - issue identified.
    13 Jan - product replacement pending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Can i still do this? I think theres a black nano lying around somewhere here in the house :) do i just need the nano or do i need any accessories?

• Advertisement

mcw92 wrote: »
    Can i still do this? I think theres a black nano lying around somewhere here in the house :) do i just need the nano or do i need any accessories?

You need the nano itself, no accessories. You will be asked to enter the serial number on the website. If you're approved for a replacemnt they will send a box or padded envelope to return the iPod (carriage paid) and they'll replace it.

A 1st gen nano has a black or white front, silver back and flat sides. It must be in working order, don't worry about scratches but it must boot up and show a menu when switched on.

Advertisement