Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Got my email this morning, 6th generation nano is on its way to me :) Mine had said product placement pending since 21 Dec and changed today so almost a month waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Got my email this morning, 6th generation nano is on its way to me :) Mine had said product placement pending since 21 Dec and changed today so almost a month waiting

Exactly in the same boat here.
    Service Requested: November 17, 2011
    December 21, 2011: Issue identified
    January 18, 2012: Replacement Product Shipped

Exciting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

BTW, how do you find out which gen you're getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Got my 6th Gen back by UPS this morning. Didn't know what I was getting as a replacement until it arrived.
    But mine was issue Identified on the 21st Dec also so I'd say anyone in and around that time is getting a 6th Gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone get a first gen replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

everyone will get a 6th gen (8gb or 16gb)

no reason not to IMO

reason: 1st gens are no longer in production and the 6th gen are probably as cheap to produce at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

everyone will get a 6th gen (8gb or 16gb)

no reason not to IMO

reason: 1st gens are no longer in production and the 6th gen are probably as cheap to produce at this stage.

1st gen Nanos haven't been in production since late 2006, it's more likely that they have run out of 1st gen batteries and there's no new supply so they can't refurbish the nanos being sent back.

I think they probably underestimated the number of 1st gen nanos still lying around.

elleelle19 wrote: »
    Got my 6th Gen back by UPS this morning. Didn't know what I was getting as a replacement until it arrived.
    But mine was issue Identified on the 21st Dec also so I'd say anyone in and around that time is getting a 6th Gen

I'm nine days after you - received/issue identified/product replacement pending, all dated Dec 30th.

As of today I'm still 'product replacement pending' so I'm probably next in line of the people posting here, will update when anything happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Mine was sent back mid december and the replacement has been shipped today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Mine should be up soon so.

Service Requested:November 25, 2011
    December 22, 2011: Issue identified
    December 22, 2011: Product replacement pending

Happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Were Apple told legally to issue a replacement for the 'defective' battery ?

i'm surprised they're just replacing everyone - my ipod was fine bar a few wear and tear scratches

Were Apple told legally to issue a replacement for the 'defective' battery ?

i'm surprised they're just replacing everyone - my ipod was fine bar a few wear and tear scratches

If they know about the problem and do nothing about it, they leave themselves open to the awarding of punitive damages - Google 'Ford Pinto'.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Ipod nano back today, 8gb silver. Nice1 Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Mine is on the way back from apple since the 18th. I am wondering if you sent back a 1gb and get an 8gb....2gb gets 16gb...what are the 4gb peps getting??

madalig12 wrote: »
    I am wondering if you sent back a 1gb and get an 8gb....2gb gets 16gb...what are the 4gb peps getting??

There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern, in post #123 a 4GB was sent back and replaced with a 16GB nano but in post #135 a 4GB was replaced with an 8GB model.

Both posts are on page 9 of this thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056451384&page=9

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

6h generation nano on it's way! Should be here next week :) Delighted, think I'll give it to my brother who recently had his one stolen.

Thanks to this thread for providing all the information!

kate.m wrote: »
    6h generation nano on it's way! Should be here next week :) Delighted, think I'll give it to my brother who recently had his one stolen.

Thanks to this thread for providing all the information!

Excellent, I just tracked back and see that yours was collected the day before mine.

Do they drop you an e-mail with an update or did you have to keep checking on the website for a status update?

coylemj wrote: »
    Excellent, I just tracked back and see that yours was collected the day before mine.

Do they drop you an e-mail with an update or did you have to keep checking on the website for a status update?

I got an email this evening from apple. Had the serial number and tracking info in it. I gave up looking at the apple support site for the update a week or two ago once I heard people were getting emails :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 junipershade

I signed up for this back in the middle of November but never got a box to send mine back in. Does anyone have an email address for whoever's running this program for apple?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

Got a 6th Gen in the post the other day. 8gb for my 2gb. How come some people got 8gb and some got 16gb? You would think that everyone would get the same? Boo, I miss the clickwheel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

:D8gb 6th gen received this morning :D

I signed up for this back in the middle of November but never got a box to send mine back in. Does anyone have an email address for whoever's running this program for apple?

If your return was approved they would have sent you an e-mail with a link to allow to check the progress of your case, see if you can find the e-mail (headers below) and check your status.

If you can't find it, just register again.

Subject: Apple Product Replacement Request xxxxxx (unique repair id)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just registered mine there, heard about it back in November, didn't bother then as I thought they were sending back the same model.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just registered mine there, heard about it back in November, didn't bother then as I thought they were sending back the same model.

It would have been worth your while just to get a new battery surely, considering your device is 5 or 6 years old? Wouldn't have lasted past the end of 2012 I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It would have been worth your while just to get a new battery surely, considering your device is 5 or 6 years old? Wouldn't have lasted past the end of 2012 I'd have thought.
    I haven't used it since 2007, and this is a free upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Got mine this morning... Its a nice piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Box sent on 12th January but never received? Does it normally take this long?

Got my silver 8gb nano yeseterday. It's really small...going to take some getting used to.

Anyone know where you can get accessories for it? I saw the watch things in compu B (sp) but they were really expensive (one for €84?!). Anywhere else sell armbands or something for the sixth generation?

kate.m wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get accessories for it? I saw the watch things in compu B (sp) but they were really expensive (one for €84?!). Anywhere else sell armbands or something for the sixth generation?

Clue: Four letters, First letter 'e', last letter 'y'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Clue: Four letters, First letter 'e', last letter 'y'.
    Scared today eBay or something?!

Advertisement