Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Bought a LunaTik watch case for it today. Can't wait to see what it looks like as a watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Sent mine back after receiving the ups pack before xmas, got a "product replacement pending", so hopefully mines on its way, it was a 4gb, so 8gb plus will be a bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    Sent mine back after receiving the ups pack before xmas, got a "product replacement pending", so hopefully mines on its way, it was a 4gb, so 8gb plus will be a bonus!

Hope you're not sitting waiting for the postman :)
    Mine has been "product replacement pending" since the morning of January 10th.
    I'm not expecting a replacement until early March going by reports from people who had returned theirs before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Mr Velo wrote: »
    I'm not expecting a replacement until early March going by reports from people who had returned theirs before Christmas.

Took about 8 weeks from returning to replacement for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Took about 8 weeks from returning to replacement for me

Jesus, Apple are flying them out so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

D_D wrote: »
    Jesus, Apple are flying them out so :rolleyes:
    free replacement for a product thats how old or actual income from new products:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It looks like there's a supply issue, a poster whose nano was collected the day before mine (a few days before Christmas) got her replacement last week but I'm still 'product replacement pending' with a date of Dec 30th.

yeah, in no major rush. Only 2 weeks since it went back, so looks March at the earliest. Still in 'Product Replacement Pending', so looks ike a bit of a back log. Can't wait though.....:D

Thanks Apple! :D

imageioz.jpg

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    It looks like there's a supply issue, a poster whose nano was collected the day before mine (a few days before Christmas) got her replacement last week but I'm still 'product replacement pending' with a date of Dec 30th.

6th Gen Nano on it's way, delivery due tomorrow (Fri 10th).

When did you send yours back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

antodeco wrote: »
    Thanks Apple! :D

imageioz.jpg
    Not to burst your bubble, I would not recommend these straps at all. The Nano Touch is anything but water resistant and just a few splashes through the charging port will sestroy it or cause an expensive repair bill. Ir happened to me when I was out for a stroll in the rain and cost me almost e90 to fix, I have since got rid of the strap and will only use the Nano in dry conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

How do I track my replacement.I don't have a ups tracking number.sent my iPod back 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    How do I track my replacement.I don't have a ups tracking number.sent my iPod back 2 weeks ago

Check the email apple sent you, check your repair status online, UPS numbers are there

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Guys,

November 27, 2011 : Service requested

January 13, 2012:
    Issue identified
    January 13, 2012: Product replacement pending

Still no word, the only email address I have is the " Do not reply".

Any body in the same boat ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

ShaneU wrote: »
    Check the email apple sent you, check your repair status online, UPS numbers are there

Never received an email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Never received an email.

You should have got one before you sent the ipod back with Apple Product Replacement Request in the title

Got a 6th gen 8GB silver Nano today, my 1st gen model was picked up a few days before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Guys,

November 27, 2011 : Service requested

January 13, 2012:
    Issue identified
    January 13, 2012: Product replacement pending

Still no word, the only email address I have is the " Do not reply".

Any body in the same boat ?

Thanks

Im in the exact same boat, product replacement pending since 13 January. Give it another week or two and it'll come through.

• Advertisement

Not to burst your bubble, I would not recommend these straps at all. The Nano Touch is anything but water resistant and just a few splashes through the charging port will sestroy it or cause an expensive repair bill. Ir happened to me when I was out for a stroll in the rain and cost me almost e90 to fix, I have since got rid of the strap and will only use the Nano in dry conditions.

I have over 50 watches and I don't bring them out in the rain. I also have a classic car over 30 years old that's never seen a grey cloud! If it dies, so be it. Didn't cost me anything in reality!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Im in the exact same boat, product replacement pending since 13 January. Give it another week or two and it'll come through.

Thanks a mill, will keep ye updated =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Awaiting product replacement since 13 jan. email this morning from apple to 6th gen is on its way!

matchthis wrote: »
    Awaiting product replacement since 13 jan. email this morning from apple to 6th gen is on its way!

Good for you mate. Mine says "product replacement pending" since January 10, no sign of progress since.

Good for you mate. Mine says "product replacement pending" since January 10, no sign of progress since.
    Awaiting product replacement since 28th jan, hopefully get an email soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Mine was a 2gb if it makes any difference. Was yours a 4gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

awaiting product replacement since 17Jan...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

Exact same myself. 4GB sent in with 'Product Replacement Pending' since January 10...

Mine was a 2gb if it makes any difference. Was yours a 4gb?

There doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern, in post #123 a 4GB was sent back and replaced with a 16GB nano but in post #135 a 4GB was replaced with an 8GB model.

Both posts are on page 9 of this thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6451384&page=9

I sent back a 4GB and got an 8GB, it's still double what I sent back though I have to admit that greed set in and I was secretly hoping for a 16GB!

The radio was very useful in the Aviva yesterday, Ref Talk was loud and clear on 96.0 MHz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Awaiting replacement since 13th Jan also.

I wonder why they're so slow to send them out?
    6 weeks is one thing if they had to disassemble, refurbish the old 1st gens, but they're merely sending out 6th gens they already have in stock. So why the wait?

Advertisement