Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Would yiz be patient FFS, you're getting a minimum of double the memory, you're jumping five generations and getting an FM radio that you didn't have before, all for free and you're still whinging!

There appears to be a stop/go system in place, they must periodically run out of stock, that's probably why there are gaps in the deliveries. A poster whose nano was collected the day before mine got her replacement a fortnight before me. Assuming that they deal with the nanos in the order in which they arrive, that means there was a period of two weeks when they didn't send out any replacements.

Allow at least six weeks for the replacement to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

coylemj wrote: »
    Would yiz be patient FFS, you're getting a minimum of double the memory, you're jumping five generations and getting an FM radio that you didn't have before, all for free and you're still whinging!

There appears to be a stop/go system in place, they must periodically run out of stock, that's probably why there are gaps in the deliveries. A poster whose nano was collected the day before mine got her replacement a fortnight before me. Assuming that they deal with the nanos in the order in which they arrive, that means there was a period of two weeks when they didn't send out any replacements.

Allow at least six weeks for the replacement to arrive.

I'm not really desperate for mine so I can be as patient as I want, sure it was sitting in a drawer for years before I sent it in... The reason I'm following when people sent theirs in is because I'm still a bit doubtful that they'll even give me a new one so I'm following when people sent them in/received them back... That's all...

D_D wrote: »
    I'm not really desperate for mine so I can be as patient as I want, sure it was sitting in a drawer for years before I sent it in... The reason I'm following when people sent theirs in is because I'm still a bit doubtful that they'll even give me a new one so I'm following when people sent them in/received them back... That's all...

If you take a look at the last few pages in this thread you'll see no mention of anyone receiving a refurbished model so I think it's safe to assume that they have no more supply of batteries for the G1 model, hence it's pretty safe to assume at this stage that you'll get a G6. Eventually ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭D_D

coylemj wrote: »
    If you take a look at the last few pages in this thread you'll see no mention of anyone receiving a refurbished model so I think it's safe to assume that they have no more supply of batteries for the G1 model, hence it's pretty safe to assume at this stage that you'll get a G6. Eventually ;)

Sorry, forgot to say that the screen on mine was broken... It could still play music and would still show up in iTunes under devices, but it was pretty much dead.

D_D wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to say that the screen on mine was broken... It could still play music and would still show up in iTunes under devices, but it was pretty much dead.

Keep an eye on your the status, they will have sent you a link to the webpage where they will give you your current status. You need it to read 'product replacement pending' in which case you're in business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

I thought this was a joke when I read the thread title. Can't believe its true.

I also can't believe I've being living in a house what a device sitting in a drawer posing a serious safety risk to me and my kids. Won't someone think of the children.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Wahooo. Mine is on the way. Got the email from apple at 7am this morning - with UPS tracking number etc.

Pending since January 10th... so that's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

'Product replacement pending' since the 2nd of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Replacement pending since 13th Jan.
    6th gen shipped 29th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

replacement pending since 17th jan
    6th gen - shipped 29th feb

<p>woohoo ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Replacement pending since 10th Jan.
    ipod nano shipped 29th Feb. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Replacement pending since January 13th, Shipped yesterday. Now we play the waiting game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

tazwaz wrote: »
    Replacement pending since 10th Jan.
    ipod nano shipped 29th Feb. :D
    excellent, pending since 28th jan, so must be moving up the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

CASE CLOSED !

1st gen ipod 1gb nano sent 11th Jan
    replacement pending 17th Jan
    6th gen ipod 8gb nano recieved today 2nd Mar

i love apple ! ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

CASE CLOSED !

1st gen ipod 1gb nano sent 11th Jan
    replacement pending 17th Jan
    6th gen ipod 8gb nano recieved today 2nd Mar

i love apple ! ! :)

me too :D... i'm thrilled!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Nice one. Had one in a drawer for years. Getting a replacement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fluffybunny124

Wahoo!!

6th gen Ipod 8gb nano received yesterday 2nd March!

Delighted :)

Was pending since 28th jan, new unit shipped 2nd March. Still waiting to see if it's 8 / 16GB, but happy either way. Fair play to Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Pending since 13th Jan (2GB sent back).
    8GB 6th gen arrived today.

Pending since 13th Jan (2GB sent back).
    8GB 6th gen arrived today.

Got a lovely 8gb today by courier, finished in silver for my neigh on 6 year old 1st gen 4gb, so no complaints! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mine shipped today, pending since 28th Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I just came across this offer... am I too late..

I have a first gen apple ipod with a really poor battery.. and was looking at replacing the battery when I saw this.. Is there a time period on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MusoCor

There is no time limit on it. Just go to the apple website click on support and go to the bottom left and click the link for the nano replacement. Follow the details and off ya go.

Can anyone who has received a replacement tell me how it was delivered? Did you get it through the post? Or was it sent by UPS with a tracking number?

Thanks

Cor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MusoCor wrote: »
    There is no time limit on it. Just go to the apple website click on support and go to the bottom left and click the link for the nano replacement. Follow the details and off ya go.

Can anyone who has received a replacement tell me how it was delivered? Did you get it through the post? Or was it sent by UPS with a tracking number?

Thanks

Cor
    UPS with tracking number

MusoCor wrote: »
    Cor

Did the online form and they say they are sending me out a box, which they want me to put my ipod in and send back to them, to see if I qualify for the replacement.... wohooooo:D .. I want a car as replacement :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

If they’re sending you a box, then your device does qualify for replacement, based on its serial number. Once your device isn’t broken or damaged, it should be replaced.

It takes a while, but you should get a nice iPod Nano in the end.

My sis-in-law sent her’s in before christmas, and got one back a few weeks ago (big delay as it wasn’t registered into the system when received by Apple, and it only got started when I checked up on it in February).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MusoCor

ShaneU wrote: »
    UPS with tracking number

Ah great. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Got my new 8gb 8th gen nano today :). The one I sent back had not worked in years and was in the bottom of a junk drawer.

Ya got to love Apple

Step 2 Service

Diagnosis pending

come on Apple .. be good to me.. :-)

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm good to go: :pac:
    April 21, 2012: Product received
    Shipped via UPS with tracking number 1ZW9V0769100234432
    Step 2 Service

April 21, 2012: Issue identified