Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any one with 1st Gen iPod Nano? - you might be entitled to a replacement from Apple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aquascene

Step 1 Request
    December 9, 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service
    December 9, 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return
    December 9, 2011: Product replacement pending

Has anyone else been waiting this long? Over 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

aquascene wrote: »
    Step 1 Request
    December 9, 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service
    December 9, 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return
    December 9, 2011: Product replacement pending

Has anyone else been waiting this long? Over 4 months.

Something's wrong there. Mine was collected after yours, the week before Christmas if I recall and the replacement arrived on Feb 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aquascene

It arrived this morning :) Went off & got a watch strap for it, it's class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Are Apple still replacing them with 6th Gen Models or have they resumed 1st Gen Refurb replacements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

collier wrote: »
    Are Apple still replacing them with 6th Gen Models or have they resumed 1st Gen Refurb replacements?

Apologies for digging up old thread, I can start a new thread but i think it might be more appropriate here (Mod advise if necessary)

Collier, did you ever get yours in the end?

My missus have one, i just submitted the form yesterday, just curious

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

lau1247 wrote: »
    Apologies for digging up old thread, I can start a new thread but i think it might be more appropriate here (Mod advise if necessary)

Collier, did you ever get yours in the end?

My missus have one, i just submitted the form yesterday, just curious

Hey, yes I did indeed get a Gen 6 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Too many posts to read through but by any chance would this cover 1st gen iPod touch lol!

Too many posts to read through but by any chance would this cover 1st gen iPod touch lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Nope, nice try.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Nope, nice try.

Had to try'! Lol
    Cost me £450 when new wtf!!!!
    Still going but battery only good for 5 hrs now.
    Sadly all our electronics are going to go this way hence iCloud!

• Advertisement

Migworks wrote: »
    Had to try'! Lol
    Cost me £450 when new wtf!!!!
    Still going but battery only good for 5 hrs now.
    Sadly all our electronics are going to go this way hence iCloud!

yeah the recall is for ipod nano 1t gen only..

Here is me hoping for a nano 7th gen now that it has moved to 7th gen (Probably too much wishful thinking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Jeez i nearly fall of the chair when i saw this tread went on to apply type in the serial number and low and behold i am eligible for a new one. apple are now sending me a box to send them my nano is this legit?:D and if so how long does the whole process take?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Jeez i nearly fall of the chair when i saw this tread went on to apply type in the serial number and low and behold i am eligible for a new one. apple are now sending me a box to send them my nano is this legit?:D and if so how long does the whole process take?:D

I got a 6th gen about a year ago, so maybe they're giving out the latest one now? Took about 3 weeks from where I sent it back to getting new one couriered out

Thanks mate i could not believe when i saw the thread i suppose just wait now for the box and send it back thanks:D

Calgary22 wrote: »
    Thanks mate i could not believe when i saw the thread i suppose just wait now for the box and send it back thanks:D

hahhaha same here, here's hoping for 7th gen nano.. coming shortly :D

can you post again when you receive yours just to compare timeline.. i'm waiting for my box since saturday when i submitted mine

hey yea no bods mine was updated today and its saying empty box shipped:D

Oh god yea the 7th gen would be great don't like the look of the 6th one but still if its for free it will do:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I've just submitted mine and I'm waiting for the box. 7th Gen pleasepleasepleaseplease.

got my box on Thursday.. the courier will pick it up on Monday

never got my back dispatched the 16th april:( haha

got the news from my dad that the nano i sent back monday 22nd has arrived.. that is probably a record delivery date.. 5 days!! unfortunately only 6th gen but still happy none the less..

For other people, maybe they may want to wait until 6th gen become discontinued, then get it send back :pac:

• Advertisement

Silver 6th generation arrived a few days ago. The turn around was pretty quick overall. I don't love the design but hey, it's free and has 6GB more than my decrepit 1st generation so I am as happy as a clam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I came across this thread last night. Found my iPod (battery is useless and the screen is hard to read) but it still works grand. They're sending me out the packaging to ship to them.

I'll chance my arm anyway.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Silver 6th generation arrived a few days ago. The turn around was pretty quick overall. I don't love the design but hey, it's free and has 6GB more than my decrepit 1st generation so I am as happy as a clam.

good to hear you got yours, yeah turnaround was pretty quick for me.. unfortunately traded in 4gb and only got 8gb, was kinda expecting 16gb per some of the earlier poster on the thread..anyhow, glad to get it anyway.

Been using it for jogging since I got it, handy to have radio or personal music and fitness tracker all in one plus the light weight

Can anyone tell me how long they were waiting for the shipping materials/instructions?

Can anyone tell me how long they were waiting for the shipping materials/instructions?

I filled in my details online on the 20th. The box was shipped on the 21st according to the online info and I received in two days later.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I filled in my details online on the 20th. The box was shipped on the 21st according to the online info and I received in two days later.

Have you any idea how long it took for them to receive it? Is it shipped to America?

Have you any idea how long it took for them to receive it? Is it shipped to America?

mine came in a week from the courier taking it away to receiving it, so it can't be that long

not sure where they ship it to

I fcuked up big time so. I put my bag into the post box thinking they would bring it back to their depot and just throw it into a drop box for ups. I was posting something to England with AnPost the same day.

What a bell end lol!! Never to be seen again I'd say. Not too bothered to be honest, I haven't used it in about two yrs anyway.

I fcuked up big time so. I put my bag into the post box thinking they would bring it back to their depot and just throw it into a drop box for ups. I was posting something to England with AnPost the same day.

What a bell end lol!! Never to be seen again I'd say. Not too bothered to be honest, I haven't used it in about two yrs anyway.

Didn't apple provide you with instructions when they send you the box regarding how to return it??

yikes, looks like it might be lost somewhere, I know apple's email I got after I registered for the return said to respond within 10 working days or they will treat it as a cancellation until the user reapply.

Hope it at least turn up back to you from your 'Return to' address

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »
    Didn't apple provide you with instructions when they send you the box regarding how to return it??

yikes, looks like it might be lost somewhere, I know apple's email I got after I registered for the return said to respond within 10 working days or they will treat it as a cancellation until the user reapply.

Hope it at least turn up back to you from your 'Return to' address

I got a mail off them today saying they've shipped a replacement model.

Some post man has done me a huge favor.

Advertisement