Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of alcohol in pubs outside the Pale?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Would I be right in saying that generally that spirit drinks are around €6/7 and pints €4?

Are there any spirit drinks that are pretty cheap and not in shot format? What do you drink to keep the bill low yet also be satisfied?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Naggin in the wifes handbag.

Problem sorted.

Was in a bar in Lucan a few Weeks back, double vodka and a seven up, €13.50 :eek:

The Naggin didn't even cost me that ffs!

About time bars/clubs copped on to the fact that whilst they continue to ride us at the till, there lovely premises will remain nearly empty! (was only at the pub due to a birthday party))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was in Blacklion in Cavan a few weeks back and one boozer served me a pint of Guinness for €3.30. My local in Dublin (outside the city centre) is €4.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

My local does 2 bottles for a fiver and pints are 3.50, not sure on spirits though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭klose

Between 4.20-4.80 for pints of anything in the many pubs around, some do pints of guiness for 4 quid. the higher priced would be the nightclubs/late bars obviously.
    Spirits measures above 4 quid but not near 5. red bull and pint bottles of bulmers are extortionate as ever.

good few pubs starting to sell pints of tennents for 3 euro tis great 6 pints and still change out of a 20

T-Revolution :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

Ghandee wrote: »
    Naggin in the wifes handbag.

Problem sorted.

Was in a bar in Lucan a few Weeks back, double vodka and a seven up, €13.50 :eek:

The Naggin didn't even cost me that ffs!

About time bars/clubs copped on to the fact that whilst they continue to ride us at the till, there lovely premises will remain nearly empty! (was only at the pub due to a birthday party))

I might start doing that. The price of drink is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The higher prices are worth not having to drink in the sticks.

And anybody over 21 sneaking drink into pubs is utterly mortifying. I'd rather drink at home for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

my local guinness €4.00 larger €4.20
    one pub in enniscorthy monday and friday guinness €3.00 larger €3.20
    a few pubs are doing 3 pints for a tenner
    or 5 long necks €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Fibber MaGees €2.50 drinks special nights FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My local gives good value -- 6 pints for 20e. If you only drink 4 there's 2 in the bin for the next night. Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wexford at the weekend - any short with mixer - €5.00, apparently most of the town has it. My stout was €3.70 and nice it was too.. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

stovelid wrote: »

And anybody under 21 neaking drink into pubs is utterly mortifying. I'd rather drink at home for the rest of my life.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

€3.40 for Vodka, whisky and Gin. €3.80 pint of Guinness and €4.00 for pint of Larger, is usual in Donegal. Think the cheapest is €3.20 for Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

hop2it wrote: »
    5 long necks €15
    Hardly a special offer unless you're in Dublin.

My local is €3.50 for a pint of Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

And anybody under 21 neaking drink into pubs is utterly mortifying. I'd rather drink at home for the rest of my life.

Lol.

Jaysis I meant over 21!

/slinks off in shame

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Jaysis I meant over 21!

/slinks off in shame

Actually I thought you said over 21..

/slinks off in shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

€3 for a pint of the local brew and its the nicest of them all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

Harneys wexford 3 euro any pint the last 3 years always a crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

Senna wrote: »
    €3.40 for Vodka, whisky and Gin. €3.80 pint of Guinness and €4.00 for pint of Larger, is usual in Donegal. Think the cheapest is €3.20 for Guinness.

I'll be moving up to Donegal so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

McChubbin wrote: »
    Fibber MaGees €2.50 drinks special nights FTW!

Fibbers is 2.50 a drink on thursdays now?
    havent been there in ages. when did it change from 3 euro? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jesijoe

3.30 pint of coors (right tack)
    8 euro for double vodka and red bull(even better tack)
    3.00 pint of tennant
    4.00 rest of the pints
    gorey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Fibbers is 2.50 a drink on thursdays now?
    havent been there in ages. when did it change from 3 euro? :(

A lot of people got bored with the place when they started to renovate, and fecked off. It can be crap on Thursday nights now :(

They brought in the 2.50 drinks to get people back in, but last time I was there, it had gone back up to 3 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

hop2it wrote: »
    my local guinness €4.00 larger €4.20
    one pub in enniscorthy monday and friday guinness €3.00 larger €3.20
    a few pubs are doing 3 pints for a tenner
    or 5 long necks €15
    Senna wrote: »

How much extra do you get in the pint of Larger or is it just a bigger glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

And anybody over 21 sneaking drink into pubs is utterly mortifying. I'd rather drink at home for the rest of my life.

Thats why 3.5 million live outside the pale..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

One boozer near me is €3 a pint, it's not fancy... other places are 3.50-3.80.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

bryaner wrote: »
    Thats why 3.5 million live outside the pale..

I'm pretty certain there's about 1.5m (maybe slightly more) in the Pale, so that would leave about 2.5/2.6m outside.

/Pedantic.

Anyway, Student Nights FTW! Dandelion on a Monday, 2xVodka and Redbull for €8. Horrible stuff altogether, but it gets the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I'm pretty certain there's about 1.5m (maybe slightly more) in the Pale, so that would leave about 2.5/2.6m outside.

/Pedantic.

Anyway, Student Nights FTW! Dandelion on a Monday, 2xVodka and Redbull for €8. Horrible stuff altogether, but it gets the job done!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Dublin_Area

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Vizzy wrote: »
    How much extra do you get in the pint of Larger or is it just a bigger glass?

Don't you know, everything is bigger in Donegal, even the pints;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Redlion wrote: »
    A lot of people got bored with the place when they started to renovate, and fecked off. It can be crap on Thursday nights now :(

They brought in the 2.50 drinks to get people back in, but last time I was there, it had gone back up to 3 euro

Heard about the renovation. Stopped going shortly before it.
    Fibbers is such a kip. You know what, it can be fun and different the first few times. But more you go, more you start realising its a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Heinekin is 4 in the pub closest to me, can pick up pints and bottles for 3.50 in my local though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Heard about the renovation. Stopped going shortly before it.
    Fibbers is such a kip. You know what, it can be fun and different the first few times. But more you go, more you start realising its a kip.

Very true man...but it was OUR kip! :p

The UV/Foam nights are still a bitta craic and are usually €2.50 pints

Advertisement