Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with sony ericsson x peria please !

Options
  • 14-11-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I bought a new sony ericsson x peria phone and is on the o2 network
    I noticed my bill was high since I got the phone two months ago so checked my bill and notice I was getting charged for internet etc.
    I don’t use the internet on my phone and after some investigating I noticed the there was applications connected. I went in and turned them off but strangely they turn themselves on again in time.
    When I go in to applications running I go to stop and get the mgs. “This service was started by its application. Stopping it may cause the application to fail” I press ok. The application stops but in time it can start again. I have had up to 15 applications start such as google , maps etc.
    Is there something im missing or is the phone faulty??

Thanks for any help.
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You have a smartphone. Smart phones are designed to revolve around the internet. Certain applications will always try to refresh themselves to get latest weather updates or even facebook post etc.

If you dont use the internet at all on your phone just go into Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network down the bottom and tick of Data Traffic. This will completely turn off mobile internet.

Note you need mobile internet to receive MMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

thanks for that.

last question .... what is mms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Multimedia Messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

pump wrote: »
    thanks for that.

last question .... what is mms ?

Multimedia messages or picture messages in the non technical term :)

Advertisement