Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a gas boiler?

• 14-11-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I need to get a gas fired domestic central heating boiler to deal with a 4 or 5 radiators. Can anyone recommend salesrooms in the Dublin area where I can go and look at boilers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

H&V Heathing and plumbing.

Chadwicks

Heatmerchants Tubs and tile

Phone precission heating and ask for there nearest agents to you

Heiton Buckley

Alpha engineering

Vokera Website for local agents.;

Potterton myson website for nearest agents.

there is loads. The problem is not where to buy its what to buy

There is currently a thread running over in heating and plumbing on modulation oil boilers. If you have a read of it you may understand what you need in gas.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

For 4 radiators ( plus domestic hot water?) a very small gas boiler could be the most economical solution. Avoid over-dimensioning.

Here a link which leads to a link which shows a list of Europes smallest modulating gas boilers ..... :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75244837

The boiler's output should start at the minimum demand, 1 radiator.
    And should end at the largest demand, 4 radiators.

If a combi-boiler is wanted ( direct flow for bath and/or shower, without cylinder) the largest demand would be at around 9-15kW.
    Ask an energy advisor for a detailed recommendation.

Check as well the plumbing and heating forum, as Joey the Lips said already.

Advertisement