Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice - Episode 7

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

tmc86 wrote: »
    Did Suzanne's line - "I just want to take something" which she said in the taxi not phase anyone?

A reference to some kind of drug we thought? and when you look at her nostrils.....

maybe we put 2 and 2 together and got 5? or maybe we actually did get 4?! ____________ (< line)

I think she said KICK something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Ha we were wondering how they would have let that into the edited show!

ah well no contraversy to be found here then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

irishh_bob wrote: »
    i sincerley hope that joanne doesnt win , it would send out a terrible message that workplace bullying is beneficial for the bully , the woman is a horror , an arrogant , derganged control freak who like most bullys has projection as her favourite weapon , notice how she kept accusing eugene of always having to have the last word , two things are very wrong with this

1. since when is joanne eugenes mum , teacher or even boss , who does she think she is lecturing and judging eugene like this , this is a perfect example of the witches breathtaking arrogance , only she is allowed be argumentative , overbearing and dogmatic

2. she herself clearly always has to have the last word , this demonstrates the witches astounding hypocrosy and use of projection

she is a workplace bully in the classic sense and as someone who has been a victim of this phenomenon ( as a twenty year old overseas ) , i know the awful effect it can have , eugene seems like a tough nut who can take the slings and arrows but that is not the point , her winning would send out the completley wrong message that in order to get ahead , you need to be a hysterical control freak who micro manages the way everyone walks , talks and acts

No offence there bob but I'd call your post hysterical before I'd consider her behaviour to be hysterical.

I don't see that she's a bully at all. She's direct and well able to speak, and what she said about, and to Conor, was bang on the money. He does always have to have the last word. He acts like an immature little brat at the back of the classroom thats been caught messing by the teacher. He never has any sort of response to people who call him out on being nothing but a mouth. No, instead we get the sarcastic "Oh yeah...I'm being a mouth. Yeah, right, grand." That's not how you conduct yourself in business. Conor seems to think he has this in the bag because, sure, isn't he Bill Cullen 2.0 :rolleyes:

Also, you need to remember that this is a competition. Every single candidate is out for his/herself. Why wouldn't they be? If Joanne, who runs her own company, thinks people aren't pulling their weight on a task that she is PMing, then yeah, she's going to say it. More often than not it's the PM that gets the chop and they all know that. You can't presume that her bahviour on the show is exactly how she would behave in day-today business.

I personally thought she handled herself very well and was far more professional in her conduct in the boardroom than Conor has been over the last weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Chinafoot wrote: »
    No offence there bob but I'd call your post hysterical before I'd consider her behaviour to be hysterical.

I don't see that she's a bully at all. She's direct and well able to speak, and what she said about, and to Conor, was bang on the money. He does always have to have the last word. He acts like an immature little brat at the back of the classroom thats been caught messing by the teacher. He never has any sort of response to people who call him out on being nothing but a mouth. No, instead we get the sarcastic "Oh yeah...I'm being a mouth. Yeah, right, grand." That's not how you conduct yourself in business. Conor seems to think he has this in the bag because, sure, isn't he Bill Cullen 2.0 :rolleyes:

Also, you need to remember that this is a competition. Every single candidate is out for his/herself. Why wouldn't they be? If Joanne, who runs her own company, thinks people aren't pulling their weight on a task that she is PMing, then yeah, she's going to say it. More often than not it's the PM that gets the chop and they all know that. You can't presume that her bahviour on the show is exactly how she would behave in day-today business.

I personally thought she handled herself very well and was far more professional in her conduct in the boardroom than Conor has been over the last weeks.

criticising someone for not meeting a target , being late for work etc is not the same as criticising a personal charechter trait , besides , its hypocritical to accuse someone of always having to have the last word when you yourself insist on it , its called projection and she makes all her opinions sound like they are cold hard facts , as i said earlier , joanne is one of those arrogant people who believes its only ok for her to be obnoxious and overbearing , she sees it as her duty to re-educate others about how they should behave , this is arrogance and self righteousness in the extreme , both are ugly traits , connor shows little respect for this self regarding shrill control freak and hes right , her pomposity needs pricking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Bill always goes on about "a lack of creativity" but the show itself is guilty of that as well:

"Redesign a chocolate bar"
    "Design a marketing campaign"
    "Produce a video"
    "Create a billboard"
    "Design a CD"

Is marketing all that this series can produce?

One task I quite liked in a recent season of the UK version was a scavenger hunt that really tested the candidates. I want to see more of that, and not another "...and now team Spirit heads to the Graphic Designers."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya its very much a strong emphasises on marketing and selling in this series but there is a lot of business management, design and multimedia related tasks too.

They really need to be tested and challenged more but they probably think they are challenged enough but a lot of the tasks were simple enough especially the chocolate bar one! You could do so much with that marketing campaign like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Also, if I hear "I've a lot to offer Bill" once again....

criticising someone for not meeting a target , being late for work etc is not the same as criticising a personal charechter trait , besides , its hypocritical to accuse someone of always having to have the last word when you yourself insist on it ,its called projection and she makes all her opinions sound like they are cold hard facts ,

And this competition that can only have one winner. These people are not employed to work together, as a team, on a daily basis. They are there to beat each other. They are in teams because there is no other feasible way for the competition to be structured given that there are so many candidates. Besides, I see no issue with Joanne saying she finds Conor to be disruptive on tasks (which he has proven himself to be in the past) nor do I see a problem with her pointing out that he always has to have the last word. That isn't some uncontrollable character trait, it's Conor being incredibly unprofessional and she was right to call him on it in the boardroom when her position in the competition was at risk. I don't believe we've seen Joanne always have to have the last word. We've seen her step up and lead, but I fail to see any of the petty crap that Conor seems to constantly resort to.
    its called projection and she makes all her opinions sound like they are cold hard facts

Ah you mean exactly like you're doing in this thread? Repeating your opinion with absolutely no examples or evidence to back it up doesn't make what you are saying "cold hard facts".

as i said earlier , joanne is one of those arrogant people who believes its only ok for her to be obnoxious and overbearing , she sees it as her duty to re-educate others about how they should behave ,

Again, where is your evidence of this? Are you basing this claim solely on her "you should learn from it" comment to Conor in the car? If so, you are being ridiculously overdramatic. Conor should learn from what happened in the boardroom. He is on seriously thin ice and it's very surprising that he is still there given his performance over the last 7 weeks. It was one comment by Joanne - one. How you have come to the conclusion that this means she sees it as her "duty to re-educate others" is baffling. Given that you didn't even know the name of the candidate you are defending, you'll forgive me if I doubt the amazing insight on Joanne's character that you seem to think you possess.
    this is arrogance and self righteousness in the extreme , both are ugly traits , connor shows little respect for this self regarding shrill control freak and hes right , her pomposity needs pricking

I'm sure the irony of your comments is lost on you.

It's a tv show. Try not to pop a vein :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was it just me who thought the Sky Diving video was better than the trying to make people cry video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Haha Snotzer !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Haha Snotzer !

To be honest I think that was a classic case of Eugene being a bully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

eddiem10 wrote: »
    To be honest I think that was a classic case of Eugene being a bully

Oh I completely agree. It was still hilarious though.

I don't like Conor. I think when Joanne said he always has to get the last word in and he butted in and said 'No I don't was just priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Chinafoot wrote: »
    And this competition that can only have one winner. These people are not employed to work together, as a team, on a daily basis. They are there to beat each other. They are in teams because there is no other feasible way for the competition to be structured given that there are so many candidates. Besides, I see no issue with Joanne saying she finds Conor to be disruptive on tasks (which he has proven himself to be in the past) nor do I see a problem with her pointing out that he always has to have the last word. That isn't some uncontrollable character trait, it's Conor being incredibly unprofessional and she was right to call him on it in the boardroom when her position in the competition was at risk. I don't believe we've seen Joanne always have to have the last word. We've seen her step up and lead, but I fail to see any of the petty crap that Conor seems to constantly resort to.

Ah you mean exactly like you're doing in this thread? Repeating your opinion with absolutely no examples or evidence to back it up doesn't make what you are saying "cold hard facts".

Again, where is your evidence of this? Are you basing this claim solely on her "you should learn from it" comment to Conor in the car? If so, you are being ridiculously overdramatic. Conor should learn from what happened in the boardroom. He is on seriously thin ice and it's very surprising that he is still there given his performance over the last 7 weeks. It was one comment by Joanne - one. How you have come to the conclusion that this means she sees it as her "duty to re-educate others" is baffling. Given that you didn't even know the name of the candidate you are defending, you'll forgive me if I doubt the amazing insight on Joanne's character that you seem to think you possess.

I'm sure the irony of your comments is lost on you.

It's a tv show. Try not to pop a vein :)

conor likes to have the last word
    joanne likes to have the last word

the difference is , conor doesnt think its his duty to self rightously inform joanne of this , shes at worst a bully and at best a busy body

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Anyone tell me how Brian K is doing?? I don't have Tv3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Misticles wrote: »
    Anyone tell me how Brian K is doing?? I don't have Tv3 :(

Who?

;) he was part of the wining team this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He made a lady cry :pac:

conor likes to have the last word
    joanne likes to have the last word

the difference is , conor doesnt think its his duty to self rightously inform joanne of this , shes at worst a bully and at best a busy body

:rolleyes:

You certainly seem to have backtracked from your original vitriol.
    Eh in all fairness I think Airtricity are seriously mocking The Apprentice there :p

I just saw it on TV3 now so I think it may actually be a real ad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MegaWattKungFu

Does anyone know if The Apprentice goes up on RTE Player? Just looked for Monday's episode but it's not there.

Does anyone know if The Apprentice goes up on RTE Player? Just looked for Monday's episode but it's not there.

Its not on RTE, its on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I actually did the same thing a few weeks ago, went to RTE to watch it. Took me a good half hour to realise it's on Tv3 :o

Keep forgetting about it on Mondays so nearly always end up watching it on the 3 player now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

you might have a better chance of finding it on TV3 website;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MegaWattKungFu

jimmyw wrote: »
    Its not on RTE, its on TV3.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I actually did the same thing a few weeks ago, went to RTE to watch it. Took me a good half hour to realise it's on Tv3 :o

Keep forgetting about it on Mondays so nearly always end up watching it on the 3 player now.
    Howjoe1 wrote: »
    you might have a better chance of finding it on TV3 website;)

Oh wow! I didn't cop that at all. Thanks! :D

edit: Seems like I'm qualified for next years apprentice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Bill Cullen's Apprentice, what a joke.
    The man himself is a joke if you gave him white he'd want black and vice versa.
    Jackie is only there and in business cos she's Bills lady friend, and yer man Brian is her nephew.

Bill Cullen's Apprentice, what a joke.
    The man himself is a joke if you gave him white he'd want black and vice versa.
    Jackie is only there and in business cos she's Bills lady friend, and yer man Brian is her nephew.

She is more than his "lady friend", she is his partner, and AFAIK Brian is no relation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Eugene is showing his true colours. Say he, Joanne and Conor could be running out of road soon enough! Maurice, Noel and Sandra have a good chance though. Get Chris out. He just like a fly on the wall! Its a viral guerilla marketing campaign not an ad. They need to understand the briefs better though. Team zest were closer to what was expected from the brief. Shame Susanne left but it was likely to happen as she was too quiet during the process, didn't speak out until last weeks show.

Hopefully they do well tomorrow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

She is more than his "lady friend", she is his partner, and AFAIK Brian is no relation.

Brian is Jackie's nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Lady Friend/Partner, whats the difference they aint married.
    And as said already by another poster Brian is her nephew.

Lady Friend/Partner, whats the difference they aint married.
    And as said already by another poster Brian is her nephew.

well there is a difference actually, you can have a friend who just happens to be a woman, and there is a woman who you are having a relationship with.jackie is the latter:p.

So cronyism is still alive and well in business too.Brian got the job not cause of his merits, but who he knew, lovely jubbly :rolleyes:.

Advertisement