Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Dog pen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

K.C wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Looking for an indoor dog pen for my 15 month old cocker. Found great ones on amazon but they dont deliver to Ireland.

Something like this be perfect

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberta-Portable-Dog-Pen/dp/B0043U2UFQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321306326&sr=8-4

Is there anywhere you can find these that will deliver to Ireland????

Thanks,

I'm also doing same and I seen one out in pet necessities in Waterford cork rd same as in the picture 85 euro it was their tell no is 051-355687 http://www.petnecessities.ie/ try their too might have them on their site too. If anyone has any where else maybe cheaper id be interested also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I think dog training ireland are selling them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Try done deal and buy and sell for some second hand ones, under dog accessories, you might get a good deal.

I think dog training ireland are selling them as well.

http://www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=239

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

jo06555 wrote: »

Yeah I saw that site. They are very expensive in comparison to amazon. Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

How about a crate? I'd be worried with a pen they might try and jump up or stand up at the edge of it? http://www.jebbtools.ie/Category/Dog-crates

tk123 wrote: »
    How about a crate? I'd be worried with a pen they might try and jump up or stand up at the edge of it? http://www.jebbtools.ie/Category/Dog-crates

Half price crates now that I'm interested in as o was about to pay 89 euro for one on Friday in my local pet shop, do they supply dividers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If it's for short periods of time a crate would be better, they are stronger and probably cheaper with a play pen a bouncy dog like a Cocker might bounce right out of a play pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

If it's for short periods of time a crate would be better, they are stronger and probably cheaper with a play pen a bouncy dog like a Cocker might bounce right out of a play pen.

If i just wanted a crate for my dog while he is a puppy how big would i need? That site says x-large would suit Beagle, American pitbull, Cocker Spaniel, etc. Should that last my G.Retriever for a year or would i be better off having the xxl for 10quid more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

Hey everyone,

Looking for an indoor dog pen for my 15 month old cocker. Found great ones on amazon but they dont deliver to Ireland.

Something like this be perfect

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberta-Portable-Dog-Pen/dp/B0043U2UFQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321306326&sr=8-4

Is there anywhere you can find these that will deliver to Ireland????

Thanks,

this penn is useless to be honest too light , my dog (pug x beagle )
    used to lift it with her head and climb under it was that like , she was ony a pup at the time

for indoor i use something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Safe-and-Secure-Metal-Playpen/dp/B000OBXTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321400898&sr=8-1
    its heavyer and alot stronger

• Advertisement

liger wrote: »
    If i just wanted a crate for my dog while he is a puppy how big would i need? That site says x-large would suit Beagle, American pitbull, Cocker Spaniel, etc. Should that last my G.Retriever for a year or would i be better off having the xxl for 10quid more.

Def the XXL one imo. I have one that size for my GR in the kitchen for his bed and it's perfect for him to have a snooze in. I had one around the same size as the XL for him when he was a baby and it was fine but he's grown out of it now and is currently on crate rest in the XXXL one - and he's a small GR. We met ones that weren't even 1 at Pet Expo that were almost the sime size as him (he's 2) and some that were bigger at a younger age so it would depend on whether your pup is going to be big or not. Our vet told me early on that he wasn't going to be huge so if you're not sure yourself you could ask your vet?

The only risk with getting one with bit of space for them to grow into is that they might use it for a loo. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of the size difference :)

If you take a look at the pics below - the first one is XL(lol), the second is XXL and the last is his giant XXXL one. For crate rest they need to be able to stand up and turn around comfortably which is why I went with the XXXL.

181479.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

She hates crates, just wont settle but seems to be the best value. Thanks everyone. Might go with that.

She hates crates, just wont settle but seems to be the best value. Thanks everyone. Might go with that.

You just need to do some crate training and she'll get used to it. My guy is in his 24x7 (apart from 3 loo breaks) the last 3 weeks and not a bother on him. The crate is his den/bed so he's relaxed and chilled out in there.

tk123 wrote: »

You just need to do some crate training and she'll get used to it. My guy is in his 24x7 (apart from 3 loo breaks) the last 3 weeks and not a bother on him. The crate is his den/bed so he's relaxed and chilled out in there.

I really hope I can crack the crate training with my pup next week IV taken 5 days holidays from work so I can spend lots of time getting her crate trained I know it won't be done so quick probably but it will help me alot, IV done lots of reading up on it and hopefully with patience she will get use to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Ordered this one from littlewoods Its €92 but there is a 20% off code going around. I like it because it can also be used as a room divider.

Ordered this one from littlewoods Its €92 but there is a 20% off code going around. I like it because it can also be used as a room divider.

I'm going to get the door gate as I have a room I can leave the pup in if I'm gone for more than 4 hours or so and the crate will not be of use in that case, my only worry was would it be too closed in but now with the gate she will have full view of kitchen, id like to know though what do I put down in the area where she may go toilet???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

you could put newspaper on a part of it.. that one linked above comes with a waterproof mat. I have it up now as a room divider.

Advertisement