Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy new gaming pc parts soon need advice!!

Options
  • 14-11-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all this is my first post on boards but i have been reading threads for quiet awhile now and i was just looking for some advice on some PC parts that i could use to upgrade my pc for better use in gaming. :)

My PC specs are as followed:
    Mainboard : Asus P8H67-M LE
    > Chipset : Intel Sandy Bridge
    > Processor : Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3100MHz
    > Physical Memory : 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
    > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 440
    > Power supply: Ocitgen 400 Watt Power

I want to upgrade my graphics card as it does not support Direct x11 and for the latest releases like Skyrim and BF3, and future titles, I would like to be able to run perfectly and with direct X11. I can still run these titles just not at a high performance.

I mainly want to upgrade my graphics card, and power supply if i have to.
    I would like the graphics card to last about two years before i have to upgrade again i suppose.
    I was looking at the Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 1GB but i am not the best with hardware and not sure if it will run with my motherboard, also will my power supply support it? You can suggest any card if you like but info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help guys im a noob at these things! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The GTX 560 Ti is a good card. The Ti version is worth the small difference in price.

However, that said something like a Radeon 6850/6870 will play pretty much anything available today maxed out so long as your screen resolution isn't any higher than 1680x1050.

That PSU doesn't sound great for either card though. Get a decent 450-550W PSU and you ought to be ok. Just make sure it's from a reputable manufacturer and not something unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Yeah i also saw the Ti version but wasnt sure the difference, i new it was better though :P
    My monitor does up to 1920 x 1080 and thats what its on now but i suppose i could just lower the screen resolution if i had to?
    Thanks for the advice man i wasnt sure on the power supply at all thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

Go for the GTX 560 Ti (not GTX 560). Its one of the best price/performance graphic cards out in the market today.

Other than that, everything is fine.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Ok cool,im gonna go for the GTX 560 TI like ye said. Thanks guys for the help! :D

Advertisement