Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

barriers for sheep tunnel ???

• 14-11-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

what is the best/cheapest design for barriers for sheep in a sheep tunnel 100 foot long 28ft wide and 10ft passage !!!

thanks for advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

For feed barriers, you could use 300x25mm board with a 300mm space to the feed rail and again about 200mm to 300mm to the top rail depending on ewe size. The vertical rails are 50x50, same as the top 2 bars.

There are more complicated barriers but i cant think of the sizes off the top of my head but i can dig them up if you want.

This is for feeding silage but there are different barriers for hay you can make yourself too iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pdiddy123

cheers for that!
    have u any pictures you could post handy?thats a great way of doin them at a low cost...at the end of the day its nly sheep in the tunnel so they can be light enough!

pdiddy123 wrote: »
    cheers for that!
    have u any pictures you could post handy?thats a great way of doin them at a low cost...at the end of the day its nly sheep in the tunnel so they can be light enough!
    Found my old AFT sheep housing and design book again last night:D:D so i will have some fun making stuff next month.

Sorry no pics. Yet anyway. Tbh i struggle with posting here at times so havent tried putting up pics yet but will try when i have one sorted.

Was using a round feeder but a bit short of space since numbers went up so will be making one of these again in a square inside the door so i can put in a few blocks and keep a bale of straw handy under cover for sundays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

5live wrote: »
    Sorry no pics. Yet anyway. Tbh i struggle with posting here at times so havent tried putting up pics yet but will try when i have one sorted.

This might help:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376129

johngalway wrote: »
    Thanks john. I'm slowly getting to grips with this interwebby thingy.:)

And while i'm at it, whats a tracker mortgage:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

5live wrote: »
    And while i'm at it, whats a tracker mortgage:p

:pac: They're the ones when you post the keys to the bank and skip the country they come a lookin' for ya :D

Advertisement