Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Waterford

• 14-11-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hey Guys, just joined so go easy!!!

I'm organising my brothers Stag to Waterford the first weekend in Dec and am really struggling to come up with something to keep the lads off the booze for most of the day on Saturday! Does anyone have anything they could recommend? We would prefer to avoid driving as most of us will be getting the train there. If required though I can probably arrange a minibus to bring us.

For the night out on Saturday itself, what sorts would you recommend - heard the nightlife is good but would like to arrange somewhere in advance?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hey,

What kind of activities would the lads enjoy? There's an excellent go-karting track about 30 minutes away. Here's the link. I was just up there on Saturday for their Grand Prix package and it was great fun.

There are a few decent golf courses around if you'd be into that sort of thing.

Could always hire out an indoor hall for soccer or something.

Dunmore East Adventure Centre is only out the road.

Lots of options which we could narrow down for you with a bit more information.

In terms of heading out, are you here for two nights or just the Saturday? I'd imagine there would be lots of places happy to have your business. You might even get a PM or two on here as some people who read here own/work in venues in town.

To recommend somewhere, we'd probably need a few more details. How many of you are there? What's the age range? Music tastes? That kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Try Jack Burchael's Walking tours its a good crack will kill 2.5 hours and orientate you to the City.
    +353-(0)51-873711

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'd recommend trying some surfing lessons in Tramore. Thats about 6 miles out the road - you'd be able to get a bus or hop in a taxi.

Lessons cost around €25, here are some links:

http://www.oceanics.ie/

http://www.tramoresurfschool.com/

http://www.freedomsurfschool.com/

Great laugh, about two hours in duration, and if you went in the morning you'd be back by lunch or early afternoon. Quick nap after and you'd be refreshed and ready to take the world on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

geekington wrote: »
    Hey Guys, just joined so go easy!!!

I'm organising my brothers Stag to Waterford the first weekend in Dec and am really struggling to come up with something to keep the lads off the booze for most of the day on Saturday! Does anyone have anything they could recommend? We would prefer to avoid driving as most of us will be getting the train there. If required though I can probably arrange a minibus to bring us.

For the night out on Saturday itself, what sorts would you recommend - heard the nightlife is good but would like to arrange somewhere in advance?

Thanks in advance!

Surfing lessons in Tramore BUS
    Go to the arcades in Tramore BUS
    Kilcohan dog track in think do nights on friday and saturday in Decemeber.
    Somebody mentioned a game of football, you could try de la Salle college (very short walk) as they have an indoor 5 a side. otherwise, try WIT or Kingfisher. In fact there is loads of these 5 a side places around.

Im sure the kazbar, harveys or the foundry would be glad to see ye saturday night. In the mean time, try a few other pubs like T&H Doolans (off john roberts sq)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Thanks for the responses guys, very interested in these! Surfing / Go Karting look like ideal - have a feeling that after Friday night I'll need something requiring not a huge amount of physical exertion!

Is it a local bus company or do Bus Eireann run regional buses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

geekington wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses guys, very interested in these! Surfing / Go Karting look like ideal - have a feeling that after Friday night I'll need something requiring not a huge amount of physical exertion!

Is it a local bus company or do Bus Eireann run regional buses?

Bus eireann from main bus station on the quays

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

Max Powers wrote: »
    Bus eireann from main bus station on the quays

Thanks Max, will look in to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah you'd get out to Tramore no bother at all for s couple of euro each. I'd be inclined to say karting would be better craic but it's less easily accessible and would require a few people to drive or a minibus to be hired.

As for physical exertion, surfing can be pretty intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

you want to keep the lads off the beer on the saturday of a stag weekend! best of luck with that ha ha ha.

if the occupy waterford crowd are still on the quay that weekend you could join them... they look like they could do with some cheering up!

Advertisement