Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool Set Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

They both look rubbish to me.....
    better to save your money and buy quality tools - they'll last in the long run.
    €20 for multi tool kits doesn't add up, the steel has to be of low quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks for the reply mate :) Quality doesnt really bother me :) be only using during an emergency :) lol?

if they snap/break i can always bring it back for a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Like above, i wouldn't use either. You've got a limited number of sizes in there too.

If you'll be working on the car and such like, then save some cash and buy something like this instead. Worth it in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Saw a Draper socket set in Woodies today for €38..... Draper are reasonable tools, probably money better spent than the Argos rubbish. Worth a look I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

earpiece wrote: »
    Saw a Draper socket set in Woodies today for €38..... Draper are reasonable tools, probably money better spent than the Argos rubbish. Worth a look I think.

thanks mate have the all the tools (well most) as the ones above?
    might be worth it calling 2moro :pac:

• Advertisement

you could go either way

I went with your first option, got a cheap crap set, it did what I needed for 6-7 years but several bits broke or wore if I put too much strain on them

I finally got sick of it a few months back and told the gf what I wanted for my birthday. I picked out this and she bought it for me. I expect it'll still be going strong long after I'm gone plus it's got every size and shape I will ever possibly need and then some.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

pudzey101 wrote: »
    be only using during an emergency :) lol?

But what happens and what good are they if they break in the fecking emergency??? :confused: False economy mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

spend as much as you can afford on tools, both them sets look like rubbish, they may last and work for the odd emergency but with tools like spanners cheap sets dont tend to be an exact size and the like of the open end spanners tend to be weak and spread a bit when putting pressure on them, which will round of nuts, bolts, pipe fitting etc, which will cost you more in the long run plus taking lumps out of your hands when they do give

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moondaisy

1800W ROK Bench Saw. We have looked and looked for reviews for ROK power tools on the net and found nothing! Does anyone in here have any info on the brand? It seems to be a budget brand for woodies, am i wrong? Im asking because he will be using it a lot ( on his own which is quite scary! biggrin.gif) and bieng the concerned woman i just need to know if it will be up to scratch and if it will last (and not come apart and chop off his hands) any info would be great...Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

moondaisy wrote: »
    1800W ROK Bench Saw. We have looked and looked for reviews for ROK power tools on the net and found nothing! Does anyone in here have any info on the brand? It seems to be a budget brand for woodies, am i wrong? Im asking because he will be using it a lot ( on his own which is quite scary! :D) and bieng the concerned woman i just need to know if it will be up to scratch and if it will last (and not come apart and chop off his hands) any info would be great...Thanks...

Yep...they seem to only be sold by Woodies...personally wouldn't go onto site or a job with one. A bit like Black and Peckerwrecker :D

Advertisement