Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

MJ23 wrote: »
    Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Nicholas Cage, Hugh Grant, Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, Seth Rogan and Jack Black are the same in every film they are in.
    I hate them all.

You forgot Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. Likeable at first but it's just grown so thin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

1ZRed wrote: »
    You forgot Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. Likeable at first but it's just grown so thin!

You forgot Will Ferrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

It doesn't matter how many initiatives Trinity puts in place, kids from fee-paying schools will always be over-represented in the university's intake every year. If the selection process was to become one's ability to stand on one's head, you'd find that Blackrock College, etc, would appoint a 'standing on one's head' tutor by the end of the week.

Neeson wrote: »
    You forgot Will Ferrell

He was never even likeable at first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bluewolf wrote: »
    He was never even likeable at first

nigga please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I couldn't give a bollox what colour a womans hair is and I don't understand blokes who do.

Well, I agree in that one shouldn't discount someone they're attracted to over hair colour. I do think certain hair colours and general colouring are likely to turn a person's head more than other, based on individual preference, and that is probably what people mean when they talk of a favourite hair colour. It's a visceral reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Quorum wrote: »
    Well, I agree in that one shouldn't discount someone they're attracted to over hair colour. I do think certain hair colours and general colouring are likely to turn a person's head more than other, based on individual preference, and that is probably what people mean when they talk of a favourite hair colour. It's a visceral reaction.

They all look the same in the sack, man!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

US Inbetweeners

While it isn't anything on the British- it isn't that bad- rather like the US Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

They all look the same in the sack, man!:D

Nah - redheads are the sophisticated gentlemans choice!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

Everything Will Ferrell does ISN'T hilarious and defo is NOT the funniest thing that was ever done ever ever ever. It's just fashionable to go around telling everyone how great he is in every movie, and every SNL clip and in every joke he makes. He was funny in SOME stuff but he's not the greatest comic in the world, ever, and people who go on about how great he is are just trying to impress their mates by sharing the current 'popular' opinion, which is only popular because some trendy/coolio friends think it. Oh, and Anchorman wasn't THAT funny, it was ok like. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

MJ23 wrote: »
    Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Nicholas Cage, Hugh Grant, Eddie Murphy, Steve Martin, Seth Rogan and Jack Black are the same in every film they are in.
    I hate them all.
    Neeson wrote: »
    You forgot Will Ferrell
    Zoolander is awesome though so they get some forgiveness!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Jeremy Clarkson is a ridiculous man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Jeremy Clarkson is a ridiculous man

Yes that is his public character he uses to further his broadcasting and writing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Grimebox wrote: »
    Yes that is his public character he uses to further his broadcasting and writing.

Makes great telly, despite his political chums and views - which I despise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

Think we shud look at iceland for the ecomonic crisis and also.norway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Keith Richards will outlive us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

McChubbin wrote: »
    Keith Richards will outlive us all.

This is truth. His only weakness is coconut trees.

'The IT Crowd' isn't funny. Chris O'Dowd is a crap comic actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭8mv

The Catcher In The Rye is rubbish
    Love Actually is a good film
    Luke Kelly was not a good singer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

8mv wrote: »
    The Catcher In The Rye is rubbish
    Love Actually is a good film
    Luke Kelly was not a good singer

You are in fact wrong, on all 3 counts.
    Well done:o

• Advertisement

'The IT Crowd' isn't funny. Chris O'Dowd is a crap comic actor.

Nonsense. The IT Crowd is glorious and it's got Richard Ayoade, Matt Berry and Chris Morris :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

The vast majority of women do in fact love anal sex and in time learn to not only enjoy it but relish it.

AH posters hate women

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

old hippy wrote: »
    AH posters hate women

I only hate some women. I love some others, and I'm indifferent to the rest.

Nonsense. The IT Crowd is glorious and it's got Richard Ayoade, Matt Berry and Chris Morris :D

Nope, not nonsense. Opinion. It is sh1t. I've rarely even raised a titter watching an episode. So clever or not, it's just not funny. I also dislike the female lead. Linehan really dropped ball there, he usually gets that so right. And I like some of Chris Morris's stuff but actually hated his cameo in this.

Nope, not nonsense. Opinion. It is sh1t. I've rarely even raised a titter watching an episode. So clever or not, it's just not funny. I also dislike the female lead. Linehan really dropped ball there, he usually gets that so right.

I guess all those awards were just opinions, too.

I never thought Ted could be topped. Linehan can do no wrong.

I only hate some women. I love some others, and I'm indifferent to the rest.

OMG, same as me, high five! :pac:

The vast majority of women do in fact love anal sex and in time learn to not only enjoy it but relish it.

On this subject, not all men are mad for threesomes and anal, my BF being one. :eek:

I guess all those awards were just opinions, too.

I don't tend to let awards tell me when to laugh or not. Awards or no awards, comedy is subjective. 'The IT Crowd' can't touch 'Black Books' and 'Father Ted'.

And yes, awards are opinion. Not all judges agree, or voters, so yeah, opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

On this subject, not all men are mad for threesomes and anal, my BF being one. :eek:

Anyone else immediately think 'that's what he is telling you' when they saw this?

AEDIC wrote: »
    Anyone else immediately think 'that's what he is telling you' when they saw this?

Well, no, as I'd be more receptive to them than him.

I don't tend to let awards tell me when to laugh or not. Awards or no awards, comedy is subjective. 'The IT Crowd' can't touch 'Black Books' and 'Father Ted'.

And yes, awards are opinion. Not all judges agree, or voters, so yeah, opinion.

I love Ted but IT Crowd made me laugh more - so yes, I do agree. It's a subjective thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭an langer

I hate tea, but I love coffee. Anytime I call into a house and am asked will I have a cup of tea, when I say I hate tea, they look at me like I'm a mad b@stard.

Then the shīt jar of coffee comes out from the back of the cupboard, usually maxwell house or some out of date stuff gone off. When they make coffee, it's usually a tiny spoon of it and half a mug of milk - disgusting.

Love being in real coffee drinking countries where the coffee is fierce strong and tasty, in my experience Austria has been the best for a really nice cup of coffee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Father Ted isn't really all that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kayotic18

Yarghhh wrote: »
    Father Ted isn't really all that.....

watched 3/4's of an episode beside the girlfriend who likes it, I didn't even grin once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Imelda may is sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Unpopular opinions, people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Hang over 2 is not all that funny...at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Leonard Cohen is a dull chap - dull voice, dull lyrics, dull persona. I've tried to see what it is that appeals, but I'm at a loss.

Also the plethora of hipster ponces who assemble to pay homage to the man at Kilmainham gives me an urge to call in a missile strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Hang over 2 is not all that funny...at all!

First one was nothing to write home about either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Leonard Cohen is a dull chap - dull voice, dull lyrics, dull persona. I've tried to see what it is that appeals, but I'm at a loss.

Also the plethora of hipster ponces who assemble to pay homage to the man at Kilmainham gives me an urge to call in a missile strike.

I'm soooooorta with you but more in that I really like his music, but liked it before Irish people jumped on the "Leonard is cool" bandwagon...and now I just resent them in a childish, "I liked him first" kinda way, because I think a lot of them like him for the sake of liking someone alternative and deep and poetic and stuff. Give half of them one of his old books of poetry and see if it holds the same appeal ;)

Yamanoto wrote: »

I don't really rate his stuff after the 60s (apart from "I'm Your Man") I liked his songs because they were unlike anything else I was used to hearing. I'm not a massive fan but yeah, I think he's unique.

Prefer Scott Walker if it came down to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Great Barrier Reef is not so great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I have Kylie Minogue on my iPod
    Some Girls Aloud too

Upbeat catchy music to put me in a good mood :)

The music snobs will laugh at me but that's all I want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

think that is quite a popular opinion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Zooey Deschanel is overrated all the time looks wise.

Except in Elf, where she's blonde and sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Had to Youtube that lad as I'd never heard him.

Bland and inoffensive, not bad but clearly aimed at young girls.

Surely not unpopular? :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement