Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Cienciano wrote: »
    You don't give up your seat out of "respect".
    You do it because if you're younger you're physically able to stand much easier on a moving bus than someone older or heavily pregnant.

Ignorant and no manners, a winning combination :D

Meh. Just because I'm younger doesn't mean I'm better able to stand. No one knows what conditions I could have that mean I can't stand or very long. I still don't expect people to give me their seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

jasonmcco wrote: »
    I concur with all of your opinions except one about alcohol.

Was that before, during or after sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Meh. Just because I'm younger doesn't mean I'm better able to stand. No one knows what conditions I could have that mean I can't stand or very long. I still don't expect people to give me their seat.

Ah, the old Schrödinger bus conundrum. The young fella that isn't giving the auld one his seat has/hasn't a medical condition is/isn't a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I think that those who go to the pub and get pissed while watching the games are morons.
    I watch sport at home or live so I can see the games and appreciate the games/analysis while sober.
    I go to the pub afterwards for my pints.

Rugby is a posh sport for posh boys.
    If you didn't go to a rugby school and never played rugby, but still go down the pub drinking, in your Munster jersey, then you're a muppet.

Ireland's Call :mad:
    Say no more!!!

The wearing of GAA jerseys outside of games is pure culchie.
    Not cool ever ever!!!

Golf does my head in.
    Lads who never kicked a ball in their lives, then suddenly turn around at 35 and become "sportsmen" because they play golf are muppets.

All religion is cack.

Anyone who has no interest in religion but is all up for baptism, communion, weddings in the church etc - is a muppet.
    Religious instruction is not an academic subject and should not be taught in ANY school.
    We don't teach religion as part of say Engineering at third level - there is no need for it in primary or secondary school either.

Abortion should be available for ANY reason up to 20 weeks.
    Some forms of Euthenasia should be legalised.

I laugh when ManU slag off Man City or Chelsea as nouveau riche and only buying their success.
    All success is bought (including ManUs -Rooney and Rio were not cheap).
    Barcelona have the highest wage bill in the world ffs.

People slag off Trappatoni, a very successful manager all over Europe.
    Often these people know very little about the game and take our limited success for granted.

I don't like alcohol being mixed with sport.
    Remember Darren Clarke drinking a pint of Guinness at the Ryder Cup presentation. This was a disgrace.
    Could you imagine the uproar if this happened at an All-Ireland or Champions League final presentation.

Doctors -GPs that is, are not as knowledgeable in medical matters as the public think.

These find the next one day wonder, reality shows (in Ireland) should be banned.
    Everybody who has some tiny bit of talent has been found already. It's over.

Eamon DeValera was not a good leader of this country.
    35 years as either Taoiseach or President was a joke!!!

Just fish for me tonight - I've enough chips already!!! :D

i agree with everything bolded

I hate agreeable people - these people hold up progress, give me an argumentative fcuker any day of the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I laugh when ManU slag off Man City or Chelsea as nouveau riche and only buying their success.
    Barcelona have the highest wage bill in the world ffs.QUOTE]

One reasons why United have so much money is because of the success they had during the 90's. Some of most important players were Giggs, Scholes, Gary Neville and Beckham that didn't cost very much at all since they came through the youth system. So, yeah, they didn't buy their success.
    Often these people know very little about the game and take our limited success for granted.QUOTE]

I'd agree with that.
    QUOTE]

No, they haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Remember Darren Clarke drinking a pint of Guinness at the Ryder Cup presentation. This was a disgrace.
    Could you imagine the uproar if this happened at an All-Ireland or Champions League final presentation.

Ya because nobody in soccer ever celebrates with alcohol: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Team%20News/2010%2011%20season/Training%20Pics/Wembly%20Celebration%20shots/the%20team%20celebrate.ashx?h=338&w=601&as=1

People must have been so outraged that the forgot to be outraged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I loathe threads that start off with "Lads" in the title...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

There is something to be said for the smell of feces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

I don't wear one myself, but I'm absolutely amazed at how many Irish people on here have a problem with Irish people wearing Irish GAA jerseys in Ireland, but say nothing about UK football tops being worn in Ireland by Irish? Am I missing something?

You should make a throwaway account for things like that Neeson! :eek:

old hippy wrote: »
    I loathe threads that start off with "Lads" in the title...

I hate that word in general and I really don't know why!

nacimroc wrote: »

You should make a throwaway account for things like that Neeson! :eek:

Nah, well it's unpopular but it's a sexual thing. Not to the taste of all. But it's the scent of sexual things, etc.

Neeson wrote: »
    Nah, well it's unpopular but it's a sexual thing. Not to the taste of all. But it's the scent of sexual things, etc.

Poo is the smell of sexual things? You're doin' it wrong :P

If you inclined to be sucking and licking certain areas you get close to the anus and get a whiff. This help get the juices flowing in my opinion. Some would see it as a dirty thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭WanabeOlympian

Getting drunk every weekend, resulting in hangovers the next day, should not be seen as a normal thing to do. A once off sure but not every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

john47832 wrote: »
    I hate agreeable people - these people hold up progress, give me an argumentative fcuker any day of the week...

I completely disagree :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭WanabeOlympian

Contrary to popular belief, you cannot milk a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The Hangover is one of the most overrated comedies of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I think that those who go to the pub and get pissed while watching the games are morons.
    I watch sport at home or live so I can see the games and appreciate the games/analysis while sober.

If you didn't go to a rugby school and never played rugby, but still go down the pub drinking, in your Munster jersey, then you're a muppet.

Say no more!!!

Not cool ever ever!!!

Golf does my head in.
    Lads who never kicked a ball in their lives, then suddenly turn around at 35 and become "sportsmen" because they play golf are muppets.

All religion is cack.

Anyone who has no interest in religion but is all up for baptism, communion, weddings in the church etc - is a muppet.
    Religious instruction is not an academic subject and should not be taught in ANY school.
    We don't teach religion as part of say Engineering at third level - there is no need for it in primary or secondary school either.

Often these people know very little about the game and take our limited success for granted.

Doctors -GPs that is, are not as knowledgeable in medical matters as the public think.

These find the next one day wonder, reality shows (in Ireland) should be banned.

For a second I thought I wrote this....but then I remembered I had pork for dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Say no more!!!

Not cool ever ever!!!

Golf does my head in.

All religion is cack.

I would consider myself to be in the "pro" camp but I have to disagree with 20 weeks. Way to far along imo.
    My friends daughter was born just before 24 weeks(was in ICU for a while but had no major medical complaints due to the early birth and was perfectly formed at birth too) and is now a perfect 5 year old in school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Smidge wrote: »
    I would consider myself to be in the "pro" camp but I have to disagree with 20 weeks. Way to far along imo.
    My friends daughter was born just before 24 weeks(was in ICU for a while but had no major medical complaints due to the early birth and was perfectly formed at birth too) and is now a perfect 5 year old in school.

yea 20 weeks is pretty far, id be thinking more along the lines of 10 to 12 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I hate this growing trend of guys going smooth and shaving it all off. Keep your pubes/body hair but just trim it and keep it neat.

Looks attractive and masculine to have a bit of hair on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

1ZRed wrote: »
    I hate this growing trend of guys going smooth and shaving it all off. Keep your pubes/body hair but just trim it and keep it neat.

Looks attractive and masculine to have a bit of hair on you.

LOL

Have to agree with this, nothing worse than the aul "back, crack and sack"

Looks like a badly plucked chicken:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Boards.ie does not allow free speech.
    Mods are way too quick to ban people for unpopular/different opinions!

...he said, in post #5302 of the thread entitled "Unpopular Opinions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

A benign dictatorship would be the way forward for ireland

No way should one person be entitled to one vote - everybody should have to pass some form of intelligence test first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Justmedave

I really cant stand camp guys like Rylan Clark from the X factor

Being gay is not a choice but acting camp is.... i'm not a homophobic by the way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Real Life wrote: »
    Smidge wrote: »

yea 20 weeks is pretty far, id be thinking more along the lines of 10 to 12 weeks

You can't find out if the unborn has Downs until a lot later than 10 to 12 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Justmedave wrote: »

Being gay is not a choice but acting camp is.... i'm not a homophobic by the way

Would this happen to be a fairly infamous re-reg rearing his head again?

100% in favour of gay marriage.
    100% in favour of gay couples adopting children

• Advertisement

Boards.ie does not allow free speech.
    Mods are way too quick to ban people for unpopular/different opinions!

...he said, in post #5302 of the thread entitled "Unpopular Opinions."

Try making a "controversial" post over on a forum like Christianity.
    You'll be branded a troll and receive infractions and bans.
    Is this not a limitation of free speech???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Yes it is, but why should you expect complete freedom of speech in a niche area of a private website that can dictate its own terms of discussion freely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

You do know that one of the mains rules of the site is that there is no free speech on Boards yeah? It's mentioned in practically every forum charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Justmedave wrote: »

You are male
    You watch X-Factor

And you have a problem with people acting "camp"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lord of the Rings is a big long boring snorefest

U2 are just annoying

2 and a half men is one of the worst programs ever

Rhianna is an awful yoke, huge forehead and big scary face

People who say "Guinness is an acquired taste" are just fooling themselves, its rotten

Cricket is not a sport, lads in wooly jumpers standing around all day.

mackg wrote: »

You do know that one of the mains rules of the site is that there is no free speech on Boards yeah? It's mentioned in practically every forum charter.

Just because it's in the charter doesn't make it right does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Neeson wrote: »
    If you inclined to be sucking and licking certain areas you get close to the anus and get a whiff. This help get the juices flowing in my opinion. Some would see it as a dirty thing though.

No fúcking way.
    If the dirty bitch hasn't even bothered to clean her arse properly, there is no way she's getting any of my spongey loving. What the fúck is wrong with some people......ie you!:mad:

No fúcking way.
    If the dirty bitch hasn't even bothered to clean her arse properly, there is no way she's getting any of my spongey loving. What the fúck is wrong with some people......ie you!:mad:

I'm not talking dirty rotten scat stuff. There would still be a secretion of anal substances no matter how much wiping is done. Unless they completely wash themselves before they get sucked upon. A scent will still come from the area and will be more pronounced with the anal contractions and what have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

You can't find out if the unborn has Downs until a lot later than 10 to 12 weeks.

Aborting a child just because you find out it isn't perfect, and trying again for a 'do-over' is abhorrent. IMO, IMO :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

MJ23 wrote: »
    Lord of the Rings is a big long boring snorefest

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'Mock The Week' is a love-in for second rate 'comedians'.

Aborting a child just because you find out it isn't perfect, and trying again for a 'do-over' is abhorrent. IMO, IMO :rolleyes:

Downs is far from perfect tho!
    You are entitled to your opinion!

I'd be inclined to think it's sensible to be honest. A lot of people can't afford a kid with downs or they might not have the time to care for a baby with special needs. People would abort a baby with downs for the same reason why people wouldn't adopt a baby with downs.
    It wouldn't be the option I'd take but it is for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

memes are used by retards who cant simply write what they want to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no free speech on boards,private website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

British and Irish stand ups aren't a patch on US stand ups.

Anti-Americanism is fairly pathetic.

It's ridiculous that most scientists get paid less than trades people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    British and Irish stand ups aren't a patch on US stand ups.

Historically, yes, the US has had way better comedians. Currently, I think Britain and Ireland has the edge. To be honest, I struggle to think of any current American stand-up that I really like, while there's a few from Britain and Ireland that I think are great.

Louis Ck, Bill Burr, Jim Norton, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock
    > Any UK or Irish stand up.

Historically, yes, the US has had way better comedians. Currently, I think Britain and Ireland has the edge. To be honest, I struggle to think of any current American stand-up that I really like, while there's a few from Britain and Ireland that I think are great.
    Louis Ck, Bill Burr, Jim Norton, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock
    > Any UK or Irish stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm not really into the Irish comedy circuit at the moment but those I am aware of aren't great. The last gig I was at I witnessed PJ Gallagher bomb. His support act wasn't bad but most of PJ's stuff went down like a lead blown. I felt embarrassment for him really as towards the end certain sections of the crowd started whistling and jeering while another good percentage had already made their way out to the bar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement