Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Unions are a pyramid scheme/scam where the obliging members pay and only the top get the cream. And like everything in Irish life lately the top don't care about the bottom.
    Yes I dont like unions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

john47832 wrote: »
    Tis surely true, I mean if it was really that painful then they wouldnt go through it...

:confused:

The wire is better that the sopranos

Hardly an unpopular opinion. I think it would be more unpopular to have it the other way around. Which I'm going to put out there now:

The Sopranos is better than The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Hardly an unpopular opinion. I think it would be more unpopular to have it the other way around. Which I'm going to put out there now:

The Sopranos is better than The Wire.

As much as I loved "The Wire", Sopranos is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Sopranos and the wire were both crap. Now there's an unpopular opinion :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The pain during child birth is vastly overrated...

I for one agree with this statement, it has to be overrated, if it was really that bad then we would all be an only child. Nobody would ever decide to go through "that much pain" voluntarily.

I think the broodiness and desire for another child out-ways the memory of the pain from having your last child. I have no doubt that it's incredibly painful but 'the.most painful thing in the world's is an exaggeration I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I think the broodiness and desire for another child out-ways the memory of the pain from having your last child. I have no doubt that it's incredibly painful but 'the.most painful thing in the world's is an exaggeration I'd say.

Nope! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nope! :)

I'd say being hung by your thumbs or shot in the stomach or having acid poured in your ears might be a bit worse, and there are none of those lovely hormones to help you through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'd say being hung by your thumbs or shot in the stomach or having acid poured in your ears might be a bit worse, and there are none of those lovely hormones to help you through it.

No doubt child birth would be painful but having your fingers pulled off with pliers or having your throat slit open is far worse again.

And with an epidural, wtf are ye bitching about? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I'd say the pain is on a par with a mediocre tootache... A few years ago I went on a major bender for 3 days consisting only of guinness, doner kebabs (Abrakababra of course), chicken chow mein, prawn roan and prawn jalfrezi. The fourth day consisted of close proximity to a lavatory... No big deal

1ZRed wrote: »
    No doubt child birth would be painful but having your fingers pulled off with pliers or having your throat slit open is far worse again.

And with an epidural, wtf are ye bitching about? :p

I've done it 3 times now.
    First 2 without epidural, latest one with.
    The epidural is AMAZING!!!
    The only part that hurt was the pushing - and that still did hurt like hell!

The thing is though, you can't always get an epidural.

I'd say the pain is on a par with a mediocre tootache... A few years ago I went on a major bender for 3 days consisting only of guinness, doner kebabs (Abrakababra of course), chicken chow mein, prawn roan and prawn jalfrezi. The fourth day consisted of close proximity to a lavatory... No big deal

Ha!
    You HAVE to be just trying to get a reaction!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Was the shít you had the size of a football, took 13 hours of you pushing to get it out and ripped your ass so bad you needed stitches?
    If not, "John", you're not qualfied to comment.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Was the shít you had the size of a football, took 13 hours of you pushing to get it out and ripped your ass so bad you needed stitches?
    If not, "John", you're not qualfied to comment.

This I believe is the problem with measuring the actual pain threshold of child birth, any time such a topic arises then inevitably exaggeration always seems to follow - I have never seen a child born which is similar diamater to a football...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I just don't understand when women say things like "It's like trying to push a watermelon out of your nose"

Except of course for the fact that my nose isn't biologically designed to have watermelons pushed out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd say the pain is on a par with a mediocre tootache

--Public Cervix Announcement --

John dear boy, you're talking out your wazoo

Stop feeding this troll.

Yamanoto wrote: »

John dear boy, you're talking out your wazoo

lol - Is that Japanese Yamanoto?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

I've watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey and didn't think it was that amazing

Ssssh don't tell any other woman ;)

• Advertisement

BusyMum12 wrote: »
    I've watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey and didn't think it was that amazing

Ssssh don't tell any other woman ;)

Agree.
    I watched the whole first series online over the summer coz I was told it was the best show ever.
    I kept waiting for it to get better - it didn't!

Then I watched all of Breaking Bad - now that's an amazing show!

Then I watched all of Breaking Bad - now that's an amazing show!

Here now - there shall be no popular opinions around here, get your own thread...

Doctor who is rubbish and I don't understand why anyone would watch it :confused:
    David Tennant is cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Doctor who is rubbish and I don't understand why anyone would watch it :confused:
    David Tennant is cool though.

Never saw what all the fuss about it is either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seamie87

Here now - there shall be no popular opinions around here, get your own thread...

She's a woman, she's allowed appreciate breaking bad, beards and top quality scrummaging when she sees it and still be allowed on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Doesn't matter whether I'm in their situation or not, I can still have and opinion on it.
    No validity to it though. It'd be like me saying "Why are people alcoholics? If I were in their shoes I just wouldn't let myself get so dependent on drink."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Trap is good, the players are shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Penn wrote: »
    I just don't understand when women say things like "It's like trying to push a watermelon out of your nose"

Except of course for the fact that my nose isn't biologically designed to have watermelons pushed out of it

LOL you made me laugh for the first time in 12 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Getting pulled for morning after drink driving is completely unfair, especially if you've had a good kip the night before.
    You are of a completely different mindset while on the way up than on the way down.
    Ringing your boss saying you won't be below 2 units until 11:30am is hardly feasible now is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Fair City is a great Soap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Getting pulled for morning after drink driving is completely unfair, especially if you've had a good kip the night before.
    You are of a completely different mindset while on the way up than on the way down.
    Ringing your boss saying you won't be below 2 units until 11:30am is hardly feasible now is it.

You know the practical solution to that? Don't drink copious amounts of beer the night before you have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

stoneill wrote: »
    Trap is good, the players are shíte.

I think that's only an unpopular opinion among people who know nothing about the sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Suas11 wrote: »
    I think that's only an unpopular opinion among people who know nothing about the sport.

...Like Mr. Dunphy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I couldn't care less about people and their problems if they have nothing to do with me (ie: people i don't know and the third world).

Festy wrote: »
    Fair City is a great Soap.

If the acting was just a bit better it would be the best soap on television.

You know the practical solution to that? Don't drink copious amounts of beer the night before you have to work.

You say copious but it easily enough done.
    There's about 10 units in a bottle of wine & 2 in a can of beer.
    So if I drink 2 cans at 9pm followed by the wine & finishing midnight there's still 11 units in my blood going to bed.
    If I pull out my drive at 8am for my morning commute I've still about 3 units in my system which they say is over the new cut off.
    Would you consider me a danger to other road users ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

So if I drink 2 cans at 9pm followed by the wine & finishing midnight there's still 11 units in my blood going to bed.
    If I pull out my drive at 8am for my morning commute I've still about 3 units in my system which they say is over the new cut off.

Yes.

Yes.

Well it is unpopular opinions so I should have expected rejection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Well it is unpopular opinions so I should have expected rejection.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So, in your opinion, is 2 cans of beer and a bottle of wine not a lot to drink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You would be only warming up lad! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Does that mean it is, in some people's opinion? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I bet that talking on your mobile while driving doesn't affect your concentration either.

It's not overdoing it when spread out over 3 hours, no.
    That would be standard fare for me trapped in on a Saturday night watching X-Factor :mad: with the missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Can't you clear more than one standard measure of alcohol per hour? Pffft, lightweight. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Toothache and earache are way worse than childbirth according to my OH. I've never experienced any of them first hand so have no idea really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Snotzenfartz

It's OK to hit a woman if she's asking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

It's OK to hit a woman if she's asking for it.

Spat tea all over monitor and keyboard....good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Toothache and earache are way worse than childbirth according to my OH. I've never experienced any of them first hand so have no idea really.

Well I've had earache before when I was younger and remember clawing at my head to try and make it stop. I seriously doubt its anywhere near as bad as childbirth though.

If I had to suffer one, I'd take the earache.

The pain experienced during childbirth would vary from woman to woman I think, depending on the size of the baby as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Fanny's are loose, elasticated fabrics. They should take the stretch. Toothache is a different kettle of fish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement