Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

That all humans need to die soon or the entire ecosystem will be irreversibly destroyed.

"not a popular one SuperInfinity". :rolleyes:

Actually I think you will find that its insects the planet cant survive without...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

9959 wrote: »

Make sure the book you choose to read isn't subtitled so.

It wont, I only read in english!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Stop paying out foreign aid when people here can't feed themselves.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ellsbells wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

I think sometimes people or employers overuse this recession or financial crisis as an excuse to not speaning cash or being tight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Irish Rail should have a smoking carriage. After all, smokers are jokers taxpayers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think smoking should be illegal for anyone born after, say, 2002. Assuming that virtually all 10 year olds don't smoke currently, as they get older, parents can be issued heavy fines for their children's smoking at the back of bike sheds etc. When the post 2002'ers get to be over 18, they can be fined and/ or arrested for smoking tobacco just like cannabis. If you're older- smoke away, champ. If you're born after 2002, too bad.

Et voila, long term solution for the problem of pointless tobacco smoking and the pressures it puts on the health service without the imposed upheaval on the current afflicted addicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Agreed. I remember that fat twat Cowen talking down to us a few years back about how the country finances are like your household budget.If you have not got the money ,you can't spend it.Well how many households borrow money to give to charity? Nobody.We should reduce our overseas aid to ZERO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I wouldn't classify that as a particularly 'unpopular opinion'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Crisp sandwiches are disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Consumer culture is not a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Financially we have little to worry about in this country.

I don't know of anyone who has been made homeless or staved to death yet, we have a welfare system that gives you money and shelter and even pays for a college education if you want it.

I think the new meaning of recession is ' not being able to buy luxury items on a regular basis '.

I'm not implying that people aren't struggling to pay bills etc, just that we all have enough to get by.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

Enda Kenny is doing a fantastic job, and everything our government has done in the past 18 months has been spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Financially we have little to worry about in this country.

I don't know of anyone who has been made homeless or staved to death yet, we have a welfare system that gives you money and shelter and even pays for a college education if you want it.

I think the new meaning of recession is ' not being able to buy luxury items on a regular basis '.

I'm not implying that people aren't struggling to pay bills etc, just that we all have enough to get by.
    Tom, I don't know if the Scientology has gone to your head, but you're seriously out of touch to be claiming a lot of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Declan Kidney has brought the Irish Rugby team on leaps and bounds with his free flowing, unstructured modern style. Long live the King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Nicholas Cage is a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

A lot of people are all over the place with mood issues and bad attitudes because of poor diet, and don't realise it. Good nutrition is important for physical and mental health. Someone might agree to that but God help them they wouldn't actually apply the idea to their lives and level out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Travellers are just keeping up a long family tradition of making an honest living and being good and respective neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Travellers are just keeping up a long family tradition of making an honest living and being good and respective neighbours.

Yeah right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I have no argument for or against religion. It isnt a big part of my life but I find Richard Dawkins to be a supremely arrogant individual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

e_e wrote: »

He can certainly act when he wants to. Adaptation, Raising Arizona and Bringing Out The Dead are all very good movies.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

He can be when he wants to be, but he's a complete whore. He'd do anything for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I have no argument for or against religion. It isnt a big part of my life but I find Richard Dawkins to be a supremely arrogant individual
    Really? Explain how please.

Otherwise the only arrogance I see is from those who somehow see themselves as superior to both outspoken atheists and religious fundamentalists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Declan Kidney has brought the Irish Rugby team on leaps and bounds with his free flowing, unstructured modern style. Long live the King.

A completely inconsistent manager of the Irish team. Some baffling decisions over the years, such as repeatedly picking old favourites like Tomas O'Leary who bring little to the team.

He's also consistently failed to blood new talent in meaningless matches which there is no excuse for as we actually have this.

He hasn't gotten the most out of some very good players, the divide between the provinces immense success in the Heineken Cup and the lack of it at International level show this. I want him gone as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Agree...

Now I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this one but
    I do not like the idea of gays adopting babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I find Richard Dawkins to be a supremely arrogant individual

That's actually a pretty common opinion, and I disagree with it.

He's passionate and actually seems, I think, like a nice humble guy. He's just ridiculously intelligent and shares it in his own way, sharing his passion for life and trying to get the point across that it's possible without a god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Regarding the Irish soccer team,

The reason they do so badly is that they don't have enough quality players - changing the manager isn't going to change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Shryke wrote: »
    A lot of people are all over the place with mood issues and bad attitudes because of poor diet, and don't realise it. Good nutrition is important for physical and mental health. Someone might agree to that but God help them they wouldn't actually apply the idea to their lives and level out a bit.

WOW! If only I had eaten my broccoli all those years ago, my life would be so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Have you actually read any of his books or are you just being uppity because the title 'The God Delusion' comes across as arrogant. If it's the second I'd see your point, to an extent. But it's obvious to anyone who actually reads his books that Dawkins is far from arrogant.
    kupus wrote: »
    Agree...

Now I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this one but
    I do not like the idea of gays adopting babies.

Well that's surprising :rolleyes:

Care to give any reasons for not liking 'gays' adopting babies?

Neither of these are particularly unpopular opinions by the way, I know more people who would agree than disagree with them.

• Advertisement

WOW! If only I had eaten my broccoli all those years ago, my life would be so much better.

Show me where I mentioned mental illness. You're just trying to start.

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Regarding the Irish soccer team,

The reason they do so badly is that they don't have enough quality players - changing the manager isn't going to change that.

And one of the reasons they don't have enough quality players is the manager is a stubborn old goat who burns bridges way too easily.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Really? Explain how please.

Otherwise the only arrogance I see is from those who somehow see themselves as superior to both outspoken atheists and religious fundamentalists.

Because he is.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    That's actually a pretty common opinion, and I disagree with it.

He's passionate and actually seems, I think, like a nice humble guy. He's just ridiculously intelligent and shares it in his own way, sharing his passion for life and trying to get the point across that it's possible without a god.

No.

You're well named wacker :D

And one of the reasons they don't have enough quality players is the manager is a stubborn old goat who burns bridges way too easily.

Will high quality Irish international footballers suddenly appear out of thin air whn the current managers contract runs out?

Somehow I doubt it.

Will high quality Irish international footballers suddenly appear out of thin air whn the current managers contract runs out?

Somehow I doubt it.

That's twisting my words a little.Ireland wouldn't suddenly become a powerhouse of International football if the manager got sacked. That's not what I'm saying at all.

That's twisting my words a little.Ireland wouldn't suddenly become a powerhouse of International football if the manager got sacked. That's not what I'm saying at all.

You wanna clear this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Kungfu

So-called 1%ers in Devils Ride. Bogus! One guy married to a cop. It's just Discovery's answer to Sons of Anarchy but they have to pass it off as reality tv because they are a documentary channel. At least Sons of Anarchy isn't pretending to be anything other than fictional drama and is entertaining but this Devils Ride is the pits. You would find tougher bikers in the gay bar from Police Academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

having a strict diet is so pointless, like unless you eat terribly and do nothing you won't be fat. i dont care about my diet and my bodyfat is like 11 per cent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

EdenHazard wrote: »
    having a strict diet is so pointless, like unless you eat terribly and do nothing you won't be fat. i dont care about my diet and my bodyfat is like 11 per cent

I give you 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

EdenHazard wrote: »

It mainly depends on your metabolism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Confab wrote: »
    It mainly depends on your metabolism.

And age. I was 11 stone when I was 30. Now I'm 15 stone at 52.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Pherekydes wrote: »
    And age. I was 11 stone when I was 30. Now I'm 15 stone at 52.

Well your metabolism slows with age, so same thing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I kinda like junk mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You kinda like repeating yourself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

"Opinions are like penises. It's alright to have one, its alright to be proud to have one, but i don't want you waving it all over the place and I certainly don't want you shoving it down my throat."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The majority of Irish people lack any kind of style or class. Whether it be how they dress, how unfit they look and how they misbehave after consuming alcohol.

Irish cities are also filthy, making us one of the most untidiest people in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Omackeral wrote: »
    I kinda like junk mail
    its the only mail i get
    foreveralone.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

grenache wrote: »
    Irish cities are also filthy, making us one of the most untidiest people in Europe.

Dublin is an absolute hole. Filthy and dangerous. I've felt safer walking around New York than I have walking around Dublin.

That said, I would still take Galway over any city I've visited. I love that town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement