Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

grenache wrote: »
    The majority of Irish people lack any kind of style or class. Whether it be how they dress, how unfit they look and how they misbehave after consuming alcohol.

Irish cities are also filthy, making us one of the most untidiest people in Europe.

there's a major lack of bins in Irish towns, Limerick is an absolute kip as well, its full of chewing gum on the footpath too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I fucking hate gagnam style

I love Sminky shorts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

For the day that's in it and for some of the ridiculous things I've seen posted and heard people saying over to past few days-

Here goes:

Those with "the right to vote" should be tested before they vote, to ensure that they actually understand what a candidate stands for / what the motion / proposed change is etc etc before their vote is acknowledged in the final count

e.g. very simple MCQ BEFORE they select their actual choice, the answer of which will cause their vote to be either discounted or included in the final count

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

For the day that's in it and for some of the ridiculous things I've seen posted and heard people saying over to past few days-

Here goes:

Those with "the right to vote" should be tested before they vote, to ensure that they actually understand what a candidate stands for / what the motion / proposed change is etc etc before their vote is acknowledged in the final count

e.g. very simple MCQ BEFORE they select their actual choice, the answer of which will cause their vote to be either discounted or included in the final count

I completely agree. When it comes to referendums, a lot of people don't even seem to know what they're even voting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

EdenHazard wrote: »
    having a strict diet is so pointless, like unless you eat terribly and do nothing you won't be fat. i dont care about my diet and my bodyfat is like 11 per cent
    I give you 10 years.

I'd hate to be up before you Justice Flutterflye, what do give for shoplifting, life without parole?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

The majority of Irish people lack any kind of style or class. Whether it be how they dress, how unfit they look and how they misbehave after consuming alcohol.

Awww, don't be so down on yourself. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Funny, that's something that i really like about Irish people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Here goes:

Excellent idea, and sounds in no way open to blatant abuse by whoever is setting/marking the tests. Genius in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I think Ray D'arcy is the best presenter in the last 20 years of Irish broadcasting :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Funny, that's something that i really like about Irish people.

I still go places where they say they love us. But not everywhere. The young agressive males in Bondi and similar places are giving us a bad reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Miriam O'Callaghan isn't actually very good at her job. I'm baffled by how everyone thinks she's some sort of national treasure.

Out of 10 Id "give her one"

http://gammagoblin.blogspot.ie/2010/10/miriam-ocallaghan-halloween-special.html

Cheese is disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Big_Budda

Suas11 wrote: »
    Cheese is disgusting

now thats just blasphamy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Cheese is disgusting
    Only if you think about what it's made of i.e. the curdled lactations of an animal that spends most of its time ankle deep in dung.

Only if you think about what it's made of i.e. the curdled lactations of an animal that spends most of its time ankle deep in dung.

No, it's not that. After all, I do like milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I thought 'The Dark Knight' was complete rubbish. Made especially awful because of Heath Ledger's performance.

Everyone said he was amazing, I thought he was like some poncey drama student trying to mix Jack Nicholson's Joker with Johnny Depp's Keef routine.

Speaking of bad acting, pretty much everything Cillian Murphy does. I know the chicks think he's a really pretty little short arse but he's rubbage.

Especially the Neil Jordan film where he was playing a tranny. I couldn't make out one single word of dialog. It was just mumbling passing as what? A deep involved performance? Pure ****e.

The monty python old woman routine woulda been more convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

I think Cillian Murphy is pretty good in general but that Breakfast on Pluto was the greatest hape a dung I ever saw, I don't think that's an unpopular opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

marketty wrote: »
    I think Cillian Murphy is pretty good in general but that Breakfast on Pluto was the greatest hape a dung I ever saw, I don't think that's an unpopular opinion

Really, he got amazing reviews for it at the time. Maybe twas just in Ireland tho coz he's one of our own nd all. Vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I hate Irish traditional music and dance. I can't even watch Riverdance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Sex is wildly overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

annascott wrote: »
    I hate Irish traditional music and dance. I can't even watch Riverdance.

And as for Sharon Shannon - drives me mental that some people like this rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

No, it's not that. After all, I do like milk.

I'm the opposite. Like cheese, fcuking hate milk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Whale is incredibly tasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Third level students are usually pretty thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

McChubbin wrote: »
    Sex is wildly overrated.

You might be doing it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

The act of travelling doesn't broaden the mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

LiamMc wrote: »

'Hi I'm just back from Thailand where I bought these beads and did lots of drugs.

I met loads of other people buying beads and doing drugs and went on the same day trips and drank in the same bars as them.

I'm like, so open minded? You should really go. Then you'll understand.'

Staying in your own little bubble doesn't either.

Its not the act of travellling as such..its the need to tell everybody else about it.

Much like volunteer,going overseas to work in South African townships do-gooders never shut up telling everybody how great they are.

• Advertisement

Staying in your own little bubble doesn't either.

We'll agree so, the act of travelling doesn't broaden the mind.
    frankosw wrote: »
    Its not the act of travellling as such..its the need to tell everybody else about it.

Much like volunteer,going overseas to work in South African townships do-gooders never shut up telling everybody how great they are.

The act of "Working" does instill a sense of pride, well-being and place within a person. I am in favour of anybody doing good.
    I posted about travel, you replied about Work and Talk.
    You need to get out more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

McChubbin wrote: »
    Sex is wildly overunderrated.

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Kings of Leon are dung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Sky King wrote: »
    'Hi I'm just back from Thailand where I bought these beads and did lots of drugs.

I met loads of other people buying beads and doing drugs and went on the same day trips and drank in the same bars as them.

I'm like, so open minded? You should really go. Then you'll understand.'

Brilliant. :D

Basically, I believe travel can broaden the mind, but that doesn't mean it always will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Medical abortion would not have saved Savita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Waterford 'City' is not a city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

We should stop sending aid abroad immediately!

We don’t have the money to spare.

We desperately need the money ourselves.

And God knows who’s getting the money on the other end.

Stop this NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Waterford 'City' is not a city.

It's the oldest city in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Makes you restless and when you return to Ireland you feel let down.:mad:

We'll agree so, the act of travelling doesn't broaden the mind.

Travelling can and does. Seeing how other people live and interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds to you can be a real learning curve. It depends on how you approach the idea of travelling. Not everybody is going to get the best out of it, but a lot of people do.

That said, people who constantly go on about how much they've travelled are annoying.

The act of "Working" does instill a sense of pride, well-being and place within a person. I am in favour of anybody doing good.

I dont understand whythe do-gooders always have to go abroad to do thier "charitable work" and never seem to want to help out with deprivation in thier own country.

I suppose its all about a free holiday and a sense of moral superiority.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

deisedave wrote: »
    It's the oldest city in Ireland :rolleyes:

and the most depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is Kilkenny a city?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

All of these opinions suck, nothing controversial!

is it because we might get banned for speaking our mind?

mel1 wrote: »

Posters on Message-Boards that use 'us' and 'we' when they are writing only about themself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Nah, just for being a dick about people with absolutely no back-up. I sense that's the kind of stuff you'd like to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Madam_X wrote: »
    Nah, just for being a dick about people with absolutely no back-up. I sense that's the kind of stuff you'd like to post.

Nope i just like a little bit banter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

pmcmahon wrote: »
    and the most depressing.

Not really Dublin and Belfast are way more depressing than Waterford excluding the job market. Look at how nice Waterford is compared to Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Nope i just like a little bit banter!

'banter' is the single most annoying word in the known universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Hardly an unpopular opinion there NC, but I figure I have an even more annoying one- "punters"!

Also I prefer to call my customers just that as "clients" to me just always had an awfully pretentious ring to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

See when someone shortens it to "bant"? I would have no problem gutting them like a fish

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement