Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kupus wrote: »
    ALL Government employees/Civil Servants/Public Sector/County Councils/Corporations......... should not have a vote in General Elections.

Sure let's go back to the time when only male landowners had a vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I sense the union force strong in this one:D
    Private sector worker. Not a member of a union. Able to see how dumb and irrational and short-sighted the blanket public sector hate is. Did work in public sector years ago as a long-term temp, so actually have an idea of what I'm talking about, unlike people who have never done so (and would love to - and certainly wouldn't turn down such a job despite all their principles) yet claim to be experts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ALL Government employees/Civil Servants/Public Sector/County Councils/Corporations......... should not have a vote in General Elections.

I like this idea, as long as we can also ban enyone with an income of over 100k a year from voting as well. Deal?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

My idea for a reality show - "Show Us Yer Gowel" - was in no way sexist or mysogynistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I don't think it's possible to change your gender. (seems unpopular in that other thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I like this idea, as long as we can also ban enyone with an income of over 100k a year from voting as well. Deal?

Sounds good for me, hold on till i get the parasite lawyer to get me a dutch sandwich and a double irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I like Nickleback. :)

So many people hate/dislike them...
    Can't see why,
    They went mainstream for a small while,
    Like most groups do,
    But got a lot more stick than the rest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

99% of the general population are idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

P_1 wrote: »
    99% of the general population are idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about

Are you in the 1%? If not, I think there's a paradox in there... somewhere...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Are you in the 1%? If not, I think there's a paradox in there... somewhere...

I'd like to think so, others may not.

Depends on who you ask I suppose, I guess its down to their opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My unwanted opinion is that it would be better to tax pregnancy in this country rather then the internet. Everywhere i look there are babies being grown even where i work 1 girl gets preggers then 6 more are bloody preggers. Too many babies being brought into the world tax them and then there would be less to pay as the tax would work like a contraceptive. 100 euro when they go for the 1st scan, 100 euro when they go for the second scan and a further 200 on delivery soon put a stop to it .. my humble opinion

Or give free TV licenses - cut down on the child benefit bill ;)

People are far too precious about their kids these days. All this stuff about no dairy or refined sugar, learning everything in 7 languages, play is no longer just about having fun...they have to be learning something at the same time. There's even a bilingual bear (who I think only has four words anyway), sitting in the back seat of the car on a special chair until they are 40... Oh and those silly marketing things that fast food places do like "a carton of milk instead of an evil fizzy drink" or "a bag of p*xy dried fruit instead of fries" - let them enjoy their fast food for gods sake. And dont even get me started on the naughty step/time out/"you know how that makes mommy feel" - I actually know someone who will try to placate her misbehaving child by telling him he is making baby reindeer cry! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People are far too precious about their kids these days. All this stuff about no dairy or refined sugar, learning everything in 7 languages, play is no longer just about having fun...they have to be learning something at the same time. There's even a bilingual bear (who I think only has four words anyway), sitting in the back seat of the car on a special chair until they are 40... Oh and those silly marketing things that fast food places do like "a carton of milk instead of an evil fizzy drink" or "a bag of p*xy dried fruit instead of fries" - let them enjoy their fast food for gods sake. And dont even get me started on the naughty step/time out/"you know how that makes mommy feel" - I actually know someone who will try to placate her misbehaving child by telling him he is making baby reindeer cry! :D

That's basically just a list of lazy cliches about modern parenting taken from the likes of the Daily Mail. Imagine parents thinking about giving their kid a decent diet or having a child seat to protect them in a car. Being too bloody precious so they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Dairy product and beef - in fact, anything from a cow - gave me years of IBS. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Nothing precious about eating food that's good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

That's basically just a list of lazy cliches about modern parenting taken from the likes of the Daily Mail. Imagine parents thinking about giving their kid a decent diet or having a child seat to protect them in a car. Being too bloody precious so they are.

Was off sick recently and daytime tv is ****e so I was watching some U.S. chat show and they had this loon on who wrote a book on being vegan and wanted to shove it down everyone's throat and basically rambled on that she was better than non-vegans.

Subjected some poor family to a vegan meal (kids and all). I felt so bad for the kids. If I was given that when I was younger there's no way it was being eaten. Baked beans, few spuds and 3/4 fish fingers never did anyone any harm.

Caliden wrote: »
    Subjected some poor family to a vegan meal (kids and all). I felt so bad for the kids. If I was given that when I was younger there's no way it was being eaten. Baked beans, few spuds and 3/4 fish fingers never did anyone any harm.

I never said it did. I can't see someone giving fish fingers, spuds and beans to their kids (it’s what ours get) being the same as shoveling a load of chips and fizzy drinks into them.

old hippy wrote: »
    Dairy product and beef - in fact, anything from a cow - gave me years of IBS. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Nothing precious about eating food that's good for you.

Notwithstanding your food intolerance, did babog the bear give you years of grief also?:D

I like Nickleback. :)

So many people hate/dislike them...
    Can't see why,
    They went mainstream for a small while,
    Like most groups do,
    But got a lot more stick than the rest...

that song...what was it? I've been down to the bottom of every bottle or something?? Drove me...spare lol

I know the song that really got people going was Rockstar,
    I know what you're on about,
    Will give a listen again when I get home. :P

• Advertisement

that song...what was it? I've been down to the bottom of every bottle or something?? Drove me...spare lol

This Is How You Remind Me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's not like you to say sorry
    I was waiting on a different story
    This time I'm mistaken
    For handing you a heart worth breaking’
    And I've been wrong, I've been down
    Been to the bottom of every bottle
    These five words in my head
    Scream, "Are we having fun yet?"
    ya, ya, ya, no no
    Ya,ya, ya, no no

****ing hell Nickleback are awful.

This Is How You Remind Me :P

AAAARRRRGHHHHH!!
    There's a me shaped hole in the wall :D

maximoose wrote: »
    This time I'm mistaken
    ya, ya, ya, no no
    Ya,ya, ya, no no

I could never figure out this line!! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

This time I'm mistaken
    ya, ya, ya, no no
    Ya,ya, ya, no no

No! Now I'm singing it to myself! Damn you for putting it in my head!

He started it! :pac:

• Advertisement

I like the song! :P
    Whats it lacks in logic it makes up for in rhythm! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That fecking song will be stuck in my head now for the next 2 days. It was 'groove is in the heart' for the last few days. I hate that song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Emma Watson is very average in the looks department.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 OisinS94

Everyone should just stop voting in general elections because politicians in a democracy don't give a **** about any of us and only say positive things and say they'll do things to get votes or stay in power.

Democracy is absolutely stupid on another sense because you're giving very important votes to a lot of stupid people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Cheltenham Racing Festival is just an excuse for the Irish to be patronised within an inch of their lives by the English middle class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

This time I'm mistaken
    ya, ya, ya, no no
    Ya,ya, ya, no no

I worked with an American girl called Audrey who was off her game. I got on the bus after work one night and she took out her phone and played the entire song Rockstar on loudspeaker.

I wanted to attack her with FIRE. :mad:

'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
    The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat
    And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
    In the VIP with the movie stars
    Every good gold digger's
    Gonna wind up there
    Every Playboy bunny
    With her bleach blond hair

Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar
    Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar

My unpopular opinion; I think it's better to put adopted children in the care of a heterosexual couple than a same sex couple.

I'm sorry but that's the way I feel.

I think an adopted child (where possible) deserves a mom and a dad and to deny them one of these is not fair.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Emma Watson is very average in the looks department.

Well if I manage to hook an average women of her caliber when I'm ready to settle down, I'll consider myself having done alright.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Well if I manage to hook an average women of her caliber when I'm ready to settle down, I'll consider myself having done alright.. :P

I think looks are subjective, I just prefer brunettes in general, as far as I'm aware most guys prefer blondes.

Even when she was brunette, I felt there were still women more attractive than her, just my two cents anyway.

I also happen to think that A LOT of people do only drink because its trendy (I'm guessing this is unpopular) and yes I don't drink but I hate the term "straight edge", because the fact I'm a pioneer does not make me better than anyone else.

I dont read the Daily Mail or "the likes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I dont read the Daily Mail or "the likes".

'the likes' includes any paper from the Independent Group.

Confab wrote: »
    'the likes' includes any paper from the Independent Group.

Oh...then why the need to specifically single out Daily Mail?

Oh...then why the need to specifically single out Daily Mail?

I just used the Daily Mail as it's nearly short hand for lazy journalism at this stage. I never said you read it but what you were saying is what you normally read about in fluff articles about 'crazy modern' parenting.

I just used the Daily Mail as it's nearly short hand for lazy journalism at this stage. I never said you read it but what you were saying is what you normally read about in fluff articles about 'crazy modern' parenting.

But not all Independent Group papers are lazy journalism are they?

And I think you said it was "taken from" such papers if I remember right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Based on the bull**** ramblings of The Daily Mail here's an unpopular opinion of my own:

Political correctness has not gone mad.

I'm not really convinced that a lot of people who identify as gay are 100% so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Would there be some advantage to being pretend gay?:confused:

Would there be some advantage to being pretend gay?:confused:

Was that aimed at me?

Who said anything about "pretend gay"??

Not being 100% something doesn't mean you are faking.

I do not identify as 100% gay. I am also not faking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Is anyone 100% anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Have you seen Louie Spence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'm not convinced that's an unpopular opinion?

/closet straight guy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Is anyone 100% anything?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

smash wrote: »
    Have you seen Louie Spence?

Ohh Jesus, most unfunny fcuker ever! :(

Saw Oz at the weekend, it was ****e but that's probably a popular opinion.

So here is the unpopular one I'm sure:

Mila Kunis is incredibly overrated.

Was that aimed at me?

Who said anything about "pretend gay"??

Not being 100% something doesn't mean you are faking.

Don't be so touchy!
    I just don't understand your point. Do you even have one?

How do you even measure % gayness/straightness.
    I'm straight (completely i believe) but i also think Bradley Cooper is a very good looking man, does that make me only 95% hetero?:confused:

• Advertisement

Mila Kunis is incredibly overrated.

As an actress or looks wise? Cos you're very much wrong on one of those counts:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement