Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

There is no world recession.

It is all a hoax that was planned for many years in secret by the world's governments to tell everyone our countries bankrupt just so they could get all the tax money they can.

If you don't believe me just listen to Q102 any night when they are asking people to call in and confess is they are struggling, not one person did so.

And we aren't struggling when you think of it, most people in Ireland have enough money to get by. Most of us have nice warm houses, we are able to afford our groceries etc.

If we were as bad off as we are made out to be most of us would be living on the streets and living in rugged shanty towns, but were not. Can't you people see the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Semen is good for your skin if you rub it in your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

karaokeman wrote: »

It is all a hoax that was planned for many years in secret by the world's governments to tell everyone our countries bankrupt just so they could get all the tax money they can.

If you don't believe me just listen to Q102 any night when they are asking people to call in and confess is they are struggling, not one person did so.

And we aren't struggling when you think of it, most people in Ireland have enough money to get by. Most of us have nice warm houses, we are able to afford our groceries etc.

If we were as bad off as we are made out to be most of us would be living on the streets and living in rugged shanty towns, but were not. Can't you people see the difference?

That is because the government ran up a ridiculous deficit and borrowed absurd amounts of money to plug the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Is it a freephone number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Shampoo is really bad for your hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I suggest you look up the word recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Ah, kids.. Recession does not mean we all return to the planet of the apes, but more a shrinking of the economy.

I'm guessing you're not one of the hundreds of thousands who lost their job due to this non existent recession.

But then again, i suppose this is a tread of unpopular opinions..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Agree to a certain extent. The worst thing about this time of the year and the shopping involved etc. is that for eleven months of the year the goal of any good shopper is to hunt for a bargain, but when Christmas comes around you're somewhat frowned upon for basically driving yourself to bankruptcy for getting the best, most expensive gifts! It's double standards like that that has us in trouble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I believe the world is scattered with unknown man like primates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Dentists create work for themselves at your expence.

Plus, they're profession is overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Christamas sucks and is just a whole heap of work - especially for the ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I believe the world is scattered with unknown man like prrimates.

I see your man like prrimates and raise you some man like amoebas.

I deal with them every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I believe the world is scattered with unknown man like primates.

They're not unknown; they're soccer players.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EgalitarianJay

Hello everyone.

Get ready for a revival of the race and intelligence debate.

I discussed this issue earlier in the thread. Some posters have been coming to my Youtube channel and would like to debate me on the topic. Ofcourse if anyone else wants to chime in feel free to do so.

I was discussing this debate elsewhere on this message board before the thread was closed:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1843529&page=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I think your username is a bit misleading. ;)

(Sarcastic wink, btw.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm split on this, I think one of two things is happening.

Either there's a "good old war" on the way. All these conflicts and uprisings in foreign places getting bigger and bigger. Doesn't look great. I'm sure there's no CIA or MI6 contribution to the protests in Russia for example. Well, they were being dicks about the gas and stuff. Ongoing "economic crisis", skirmishes everywhere, sounds like a good war is needed.

On the other hand it may just be a smokescreen for us to pay back China without them starting a war. Then again there could be a war to prevent the west from having to pay the Chinese so it could also lead to a war.

Either way, I hope there's no war (:pac: ) but if there is I shan't be fighting in it. As the constant "economic depression" just keeps trundling on and political unrest continues to spread (being drip-fed through the news to us) I am getting more worried about what the next decade or so is going to bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Dentists create work for themselves at your expence.
    I think that's a reasonable concern.

Back in 2009 I had a checkup once by a dentist who I'm acquainted with, and she gave me a clean bill of health.
    Out of divilment/ curiosity (the PRSI dental benefit scheme was about to expire) I used my 'PRSI checkup' just to assess the difference. The difference was two fillings.

I still don't have any fillings two years later, and I would consider 2 fillings to be a pretty significant deterioration in my dental health. This has made be fairly skeptical about which dentists I can trust. I would certainly think twice about switching to a new dentist under the Irish system, which seems to be very open to issues of malpractice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

English is a more important academic subject than maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pat Kenny is the most talented man in RTÉ and while his pay should be slashed he deserves to be the highest paid there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Have spent a few years working in hotels
    And I'm saying there are few enough ladies in Ireland, yes I typed that

I'd sooner clean ten gents then a ladies

Toiletries on the ground, out come my rubber gloves so, ewwwww
    Lipstick on the mirror which is a bitch to get off and polish again :mad:
    And all round messiness and junk discarded on the floor.

The gents were pristine in comparison

Ladies of Ireland, it's just not on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Have spent a few years working in hotels
    And I'm saying there are few enough ladies in Ireland, yes I typed that

I'd sooner clean ten gents then a ladies

Toiletries on the ground, out come my rubber gloves so, ewwwww
    Lipstick on the mirror which is a bitch to get off and polish again :mad:
    And all round messiness and junk discarded on the floor.

The gents were pristine in comparison

Ladies of Ireland, it's just not on

That goes for bars too, the mens may smell funny but the wimmins looks like someone opened the gates of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Not sure if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion but being 'intelligent' isn't that important in life and most people that claim they're intelligent really aren't.

I agree.
    Yeah sure its nice to know another language. Be nice to know how to solve mathematical equations ( :P ) but whats important in this world? that or street smarts?

Take TV3's Jerome Hughes. College person. Very educated. But in his "homeless" documentary he never heard of a dinner house and spends 9 euro on a breakfast in some cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I agree.
    Yeah sure its nice to know another language. Be nice to know how to solve mathematical equations ( :P ) but whats important in this world? that or street smarts?

Take TV3's Jerome Hughes. College person. Very educated. But in his "homeless" documentary he never heard of a dinner house and spends 9 euro on a breakfast in some cafe.

I hate the phrase 'street smarts'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

All Cork people are annoying, especially Eddie Hobbs. Anyone over the age of 16 who uses text speak should be shot. The Lord of the Rings is a big long boring snorefest. Gay Byrne is a patronising old fart. Sterilisation should be mandatory for dole and benefit scroungers. Soccer is a dull game and the eejits who go around English premier league team jerseys are stupid no brain lemmings who Couldnt point out their beloved team on a map of England. White runners are hideous looking. Friends is not one bit funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭nyan warrior

Im a hardline ira supporter and believe in a 32 county ireland at all costs
    Get a lot of stick for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I hate this 'all unemployed people are lazy'. I really don't believe that 15% of the country is lazy, especially when it used to be much lower. Where did all these lazy people come from? They lost their ****ing jobs, nothing to do with being lazy, it's to do with the economy being ****ed.

Didn't 650 people lose their jobs at Ulster Bank the other day? If they sign on, do they automatically become lazy? How about they search for non-existent jobs or take up Tesco's kind offer of letting them stack shelves 40-hours a week for 'travel expenses'? It's nothing to do with being lazy, there's a serious shortage of opportunities out there.

Also, I really hate the attitude on here that if you bitch about the country, which is evidently seriously ****ed up, you get told to emigrate. What's wrong with complaining, it's a free country. When someone replies with this, you get the standard of response of 'we don't want people bitching about how crap things are'. Fine, live in denial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I think jedward are kind of cool.

not every priest in the country is a bad guy.

illegal drugs are that way for a reason and its about time people copped onto that.

people in Ireland should go back to having an irish accent, as opposed to a mid-atlantic, D4 drawl.

did I mention that Jedward are cool :D

neemish wrote: »
    people in Ireland should go back to having an irish accent, as opposed to a mid-atlantic, D4 drawl.
    did I mention that Jedward are cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Ian64

I think the cane should be brought back into the school and the home, teach kids manners and respect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Not sure if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion but being 'intelligent' isn't that important in life and most people that claim they're intelligent really aren't.

I agree.

What the fu#c is a dinnerhouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I agree.

And 9 euro is ok for a full irish breakfast if it's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

There's nothing wrong with being on the dole because you're lazy. Most jobs only contribute to inequality on a global scale anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

There's nothing wrong with being on the dole because you're lazy. Most jobs only contribute to inequality on a global scale anyway.
    What is inequality, why is it bad and how do jobs create it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think jedward are kind of cool.

not every priest in the country is a bad guy.

illegal drugs are that way for a reason and its about time people copped onto that.

did I mention that Jedward are cool :D
    What's the reason drugs are illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Lidl and Aldi suck communities dry of local businesses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cicero wrote: »
    Lidl and Aldi suck communities dry of local businesses

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We should be concentrating on sorting out our own financial problems in this country rather than sending money overseas to charities and such.

The women in Desperate Scousewives arent exactly drop dead gorgeous, butI still probably would to most of them

Oh Oh, one more

Angelina Jolie is not all that.

kryogen wrote: »
    Oh Oh, one more

Angelina Jolie is not all that.

Heathen!
    Stone him!

• Advertisement

Meh, its true, just cause the media tell me again and again and again that someone is beautiful doesnt make it so

Katy Perry step forward also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

kryogen wrote: »
    Meh, its true, just cause the media tell me again and again and again that someone is beautiful doesnt make it so

Katy Perry step forward also
    Very true, she looks like a drag artist most of the time...

...but I still really, really want to see her boobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Shakespeare was rubbish, boring romantic drivel. Call me a philistine if you like but I suspect anyone who 'likes' Shakespeare really means they enjoy being thought of as intellectuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Peetrik wrote: »
    Shakespeare was rubbish, boring romantic drivel. Call me a philistine if you like but I suspect anyone who 'likes' Shakespeare really means they enjoy being thought of as intellectuals.

No he was a genius. An absolute master of prose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Ok, so 101 pages on this thread by the time I post so couldn't be bothered looking through them all. Hope I am not repeating....

1. Ireland should should look more favourably on our links to Britain. By that I mean instead of complaining about the Penal Laws and "Potato factories being turned into prisons for children...." etc, we should look at the, dare I say it, positive influence Britain has had on Ireland. I mean, we were a full part of the United Kingdom, not just another colony. One thing we could do is start to wear the Poppy and honour those who died fighting for us, as well as Britain, in the World Wars.

2. We should stop being soft on fat people. People should not be fat. End of discussion.

Wow, I guess when it boils down to it I'm fairly right wing. When did that happen?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

All my opinions are unpopular.......and so am i .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Most internet memes are shít. Poor substitutes for humour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Peetrik wrote: »

u jelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

u jelly

Macbeth, Act II, Scene II?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

My biggest unpopular opinion on here is doing something on the side (tax free/Nixer)

you get too many seemingly 'do gooders' getting back saying how its wrong, etc :rolleyes: ... HOW IS IT WRONG?! ... life is a rat race. Everyone is out for themselves.

Sure, none of us aint saints. Most of us download. Screw paying for something, why not just get it for free? But thats always met with "those companies are millions a year and ripping us off!" ... 100% true. What, but the government and banks are saints? look what they did to the country FFS!

Live in the real world. Life is harsh, cruel and unfair. Get what you can.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement