Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ninja900 wrote: »
    Going onto jobseekers allowance when your youngest child is 7 is hardly getting fûcked over, now, is it?

At the moment the age limit is 18, or later if the 'child' is in full time education! And they want this crazy system to continue, unchanged. Some people really are out of touch with reality.

So kids cost no money once they go past 7.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nodin wrote: »

They do. But get a job if you want to pay for them

Paparazzo wrote: »
    They do. But get a job if you want to pay for them

And if you can't get a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Commit suicide apparently. If a quarter of a million people committed suicide , our job shortage problem would be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you can't get a job in 7 years you're probably aiming for jobs you're not qualfied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

pink is a manly colour.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If you can't get a job in 7 years you're probably aiming for jobs you're not qualfied for.

If you bothered to read what the proposal was about (or even the last 10 posts) you'd have noticed that the 7 years refers to the age of the child, not the length of time the allowance was being claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

eldwaro wrote: »
    pink is a manly colour.
    /\/\/\/\

Careful men, he wets his pants.

foxyboxer wrote: »
    /\/\/\/\

Not Pants. Panties I bet .

foxyboxer wrote: »
    /\/\/\/\

psychward wrote: »
    Not Pants. Panties I bet .

and then yore ma does the washin...weak at best but its late in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

pink is a manly colour.

That's funny, I just read this article yesterday:

5 Gender Stereotypes That Used to be the Exact Opposite
    Luckily, all our gender issues were heartily resolved by the 1910s, when it was decided that we'd assign colors to each "team": blue was for girls and pink was for boys. No, that's not a typo: A 1918 editorial from Earnshaw's Infants' Department stated that pink was "a more decided and stronger color ... more suitable for the boy; while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." It makes sense: Pink is the color of a nice, raw, manly steak, or the blood of your enemies splattered on a white uniform.

it's science.

and then yore ma does the washin...weak at best but its late in the day

But when my ma does the washin she doesnt have a big girls blouse to wash .. unlike yours :pac: haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

But you could take it back further beyond culture, infant boys do prefer blue and angular toys while infant girls do prefer pink hues and softer toys. This is even the case for primates.
    this time on infants - - explaining that young children haven't yet been socialized into gender roles by society, so their color preferences are innate.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=infants%20boys%20do%20prefer%20blue&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEwQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcuriosity.discovery.com%2Fquestion%2Fgender-colors&ei=_D6YT9nzCY6xhAf8jsX_BQ&usg=AFQjCNH-41enB4UJX3kqwg79gn9-bgqe5g

The researchers suggest that women's preference for pink and red may come from their roles as gatherers in ancient times. Red is the color of many fruits and berries. It's also the color of children's faces when they're flushed. A 2003 study supports this; it found that women's eyes are physically attuned to see reds better than other colors. Men may prefer blue because it signified a good water source and good weather, but this could be an interpretive leap [source: The Guardian].

and primates

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=infants%20primates%20male%20do%20prefer%20blue&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fio9.com%2F5879647%2Fdo-girls-naturally-prefer-dolls-to-trucks-evidence-from-2-primate-studies&ei=yD-YT_7tGoiXhQfKroTlBQ&usg=AFQjCNHeoR4CsllNeVgHloxMarxycnsQkw

But for men its culture and I look darn good in a pink shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

IrishAm wrote: »
    Ireland has the same level of hot women as any other country in the world. If not higher than most!

They seem to get a bad rep on this forum, but Irish women are great.

maybe if they weren't such ***** we/ii' respect them more ??

theirs a reason why when one turns to talk to me at the bar i laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Should be no rent allowance, family income supplement, lone parent.

Dole and that's it, no allowances except for disability and old age.
    FIS income limits in 2012:

If you have
    One child €506 Two children €602 Three children €703 Four children €824 Five children €950 Six children €1,066 Seven children €1,202 Eight children €1,298

People with 6 kids get 50k a year after tax.

A paye worker would need to be earning 85k a year to make that after tax.

psychward wrote: »
    But when my ma does the washin she doesnt have a big girls blouse to wash .. unlike yours :pac: haha

you realise that both of us have brain as our avatar...

best friend...pinky...

oh yeah...i just Sigmund Freuded your ass :P

your ass :P

Attention : Freudian Slip ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Pdfile wrote: »
    theirs a reason why when one turns to talk to me at the bar i laugh...

Because it's such a rare occurrence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you bothered to read what the proposal was about (or even the last 10 posts) you'd have noticed that the 7 years refers to the age of the child, not the length of time the allowance was being claimed.

If you'd bothered to read what the proposal was about, you wouldn't be posting this

in response to a post that said the proposal was for them to go onto jobseekers allowance. The aim isn't to cut off money, it's for them to get a job and sign off (yeah, I know, but they should at least have to try.)

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TheFunker

Live and let live.
    In regards to what people believe. Mainly:

If someone believes in god, so what :)
    If someone believes that there is no god, so what :)

Each to their own. I say thats an unpopular opinion as you can read alot of people on here who like to argue to the bitter end that they are right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

TheFunker wrote: »
    Live and let live.
    In regards to what people believe. Mainly:

If someone believes in god, so what :)

Problem is that theists are in general far more intolerant than atheists are.

Many of them can't even tolerate slightly different beliefs to their own.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

To all the gentlemen who like to employ the "hard man" walk, no- you don't look tough and intimidating, you in fact look like a constipated penguin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Education does not make you a better person.

If your wife/girlfriend can't cum vaginally it's because your penis isn't big enough.

Butter is good for you.

Hitler was a living person.

Floyd Mayweather is the most talented boxer of all time.

The Shawshank Redemption is only a decent a movie, no better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

How is that an unpopular opinion? it's a basic fact. yes, he was a living person, who the hell thinks otherwise????

• Advertisement

summerskin wrote: »

How is that an unpopular opinion? it's a basic fact. yes, he was a living person, who the hell thinks otherwise????

I thought the consensus was he was mythical like Bigfoot or the lough ness monster.

I thought the consensus was he was mythical like Bigfoot or the lough ness monster.

Are you for real????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If your wife/girlfriend can't cum vaginally it's because your penis isn't big enough.

Butter is good for you.

A lot of women dont reach orgasim through foreplay or penetration and some dont reach it full stop. Different strokes (so to speak) for different folks!

steddyeddy wrote: »

Butter is good for you.

A lot of women dont reach orgasim through foreplay or penetration and some dont reach it full stop. Different strokes (so to speak) for different folks!

How do you know unless shes tried the full range of penises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How do you know unless shes tried the full range of penises penii.

FYP

• Advertisement

Are you for real????

There's no actual proof to this day that he actually existed, of course there's hearsay and conjecture, much of it you might find in the conspiracy theories forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

How do you know unless shes tried the full range of penises.

Some of the women I go to college with have tried a full range of penii.

There's no actual proof to this day that he actually existed, of course there's hearsay and conjecture, much of it you might find in the conspiracy theories forum.

Hmmm, so Hitler, who was the Fuhrer of Germany for 11 years, who there is countless photos and videos of, and led Germany to defeat at the hands of the Allies in World War 2 never existed?

I hope that you're just a troll, as nobody can be that ignorant.

Hmmm, so Hitler, who was the Fuhrer of Germany for 11 years, who there is countless photos and videos of, and led Germany to defeat at the hands of the Allies in World War 2 never existed?

Listen I'm not saying he didn't exist, he may well have, but I think it's a bit silly to presume a government would allow one man complete control of military, police etc, that's just stuff of fantasy. More than likely if he did exist he was just a glorified cog in the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You mean you didn't know that Germany in the 30's and 40's was actually ruled by aliens from the planet Verruckt :confused:

You must have been absent the day they taught that in school.

Listen I'm not saying he didn't exist, he may well have, but I think it's a bit silly to presume a government would allow one man complete control of military, police etc, that's just stuff of fantasy. More than likely if he did exist he was just a glorified cog in the machine.

You're taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Back then Hitler was the government. He was running the whole show and any politician or official that dared to stand up to him or question him would have had
    a very short life expectancy.
    Saddam Hussein employed similar tactics in Iraq to gain/hold power.
    Look up "the night of the long knives" for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Butter is good for you.

Putting butter on the end of your penis might help.

mickrock wrote: »

I think chocolate would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

mickrock wrote: »

If you open your peehole enough you can get a goldfish in there,

he died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Assuming she's capable it's because you're bad at sex, your penis would have to be pretty tiny to be useless in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People who engage in serious violence towards other people should have their human rights forfeited.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People who engage in serious violence towards other people should have their human rights forfeited.

They do, they can get locked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

People that post here should be entitled to their unpopular opinion without a bunch of whingy hippy do-gooders trying to change it.

People that post here should be entitled to their unpopular opinion without a bunch of whingy hippy do-gooders trying to change it.

You always get one who comes out with such an outrageous like that you can't help but put it down.

This is AH you post at your fragile peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People that post here should expect people to disagree with them and be able to argue their case without resorting to name-calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

We should Join back into the commonwealth

IMO the grey squirrel has every right to kill off the red squirrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

44leto wrote: »
    They do, they can get locked up.
    With three meals a day, a bed and luxuries at the taxpayers expense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

IMO the grey squirrel has every right to kill off the red squirrel.

I agree. Survival of the fittest and all that.

On that note, I believe we humans have interfered too much in the process of natural selection, both positively and negatively.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement