Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Not enough though.

There are statistics out (no desire to trawl for them though) that show how ciggarettes need to be above the €10 mark to pay for the healthcare costs of that pack.

Tax needs to go up to at least the break even point.

As a casual smoker, I completely agree. Jack the price up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Grimebox wrote: »
    As a casual smoker, I completely agree. Jack the price up

Is it not just pushing more people into the black market to purchase an even worse product.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

kieranfitz wrote: »
    I think you mean the SS, Hugo Boss designed them.

No I mean the Wehrmacht. The German defence force such as the Luftwaffe, Herr and the Kriegsmarine. The classic grey, not the black that those slimy sh**s wore. The SS were incorporated later on but they were always a separate autonomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

KenSwee wrote: »
    No I mean the Wehrmacht. The German defence force such as the Luftwaffe, Herr and the Kriegsmarine. The classic grey, not the black that those slimy sh**s wore. The SS were incorporated later on but they were always a separate autonomy.

I think the Luftwaffe Desert Tan attire is quite fetching.

I think the Luftwaffe Desert Tan attire is quite fetching.

Modern formal attire is pretty cool too!
    http://et2705.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/tapferkeit-bundeswehr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

90% of atheists who post on boards.ie are self centered arrogant and ignorant. I don't beleive in God but i don't go round enforcing my views on people or pretending to be a self tought evolutionary genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

People who worry about their kids being taken into care. Let them be taken into care: you won't have to feed them, clothe them or educate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People who worry about their kids being taken into care. Let them be taken into care: you won't have to feed them, clothe them or educate them.

And neither will the state judging by the children in care in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

90% of atheists who post on boards.ie are self centered arrogant and ignorant. I don't beleive in God but i don't go round enforcing my views on people are pretending to be a self tought evolutionary genius.
    Well, this is the "unpopular opinions" thread, so ... ;)

My opinion: the speed limit on all roads outside towns should be dropped by 20mph. The savings in fuel alone would be massive, on top of a major reduction in accident deaths. Where are you all going in such a hurry? Slow down and smell the diesel roses. If you've got to dash between cities, take the train.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I think you should go on a diet and give up going out with the lads at weekends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think the Wehrmacht had the best looking uniforms in WW2.
    Bryan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Not enough though.

There are statistics out (no desire to trawl for them though) that show how ciggarettes need to be above the €10 mark to pay for the healthcare costs of that pack.

WHat a load of BS.

I smoked for ten years and got a chest infection once. I paid for the doctor and treatment with my own cash.

Go pull the other one your fooling no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Not enough though.

Once the price passes €8 per pack, the number of people who switch to smuggled cigarettes mean that there is a loss in revenue overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I think all Apple products are crap.

I think most android users are jealous :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

90% of atheists who post on boards.ie are self centered arrogant and ignorant. I don't beleive in God but i don't go round enforcing my views on people are pretending to be a self tought evolutionary genius.

"i" before "e" except after "c".

This advice comes to you from your average, friendly atheist. :)

1ZRed wrote: »
    I think most android users are jealous :p

Just for the record, I don't have a Smart phone.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

"i" before "e" except after "c".

This advice comes to you from your average, friendly atheist. :)

There are more instances where that apparent "rule" is incorrect rather than correct so don't bother telling people it.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    There are more instances where that apparent "rule" is incorrect rather than correct so don't bother telling people it.

Oh, I see you're an atheist too?
    Pleased to meet you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

90% of atheists who post on boards.ie are self centered arrogant and ignorant. I don't beleive in God but i don't go round enforcing my views on people or pretending to be a self tought evolutionary genius.

I think that about 90% of posters on boards full stop :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah I hate when atheists call to my house telling me god doesnt exist.

oh no wait, thats never happened. who exactly enforces their beliefs on you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah I hate when atheists call to my house telling me god doesnt exist.

oh no wait, thats never happened. who exactly enforces their beliefs on you?

He didn't mention anything about people coming to his house. He said atheists on boards. Read that again, my man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Oh, I see you're an atheist too?
    Pleased to meet you.

If you are going to teach someone something it may as well be correct.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    If you are going to teach someone something it may as well be correct.

I wasn't teaching anyone anything.
    I was being hilarious - could you not tell?
    Maybe I'm the only one who gets me.
    I'll keep my hilarity to myself in future so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I love grammar, and find its intricacies and guiding principles fascinating.

He didn't mention anything about people coming to his house. He said atheists on boards. Read that again, my man.

how does anyone enforce beliefs on here? this is a discussion forum, for discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Don't prod the atheists, they bite.

bnt wrote: »
    Well, this is the "unpopular opinions" thread, so ... ;)

My opinion: the speed limit on all roads outside towns should be dropped by 20mph. The savings in fuel alone would be massive, on top of a major reduction in accident deaths. Where are you all going in such a hurry? Slow down and smell the diesel roses. If you've got to dash between cities, take the train.

why don't you stick to doing 20Mph less yourself and mind your own business on whereever everyone else is going and how much they want to spend on fuel

the limits should be increased especially that fcukin idiotic 30 one on the turn onto m50 southbound from liffey valley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I wasn't teaching anyone anything.
    I was being hilarious - could you not tell?
    Maybe I'm the only one who gets me.
    I'll keep my hilarity to myself in future so!

I really thought that was going to be some kind of poem or limerick from its formatting

Grimebox wrote: »
    I really thought that was going to be some kind of poem or limerick from its formatting

It is - just one of those non rhyming ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Don't prod the atheists, they bite.

Don't taig them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Craft beer or locally brewed beer does not taste better than the leading mass market brands, not ever, apart from the below.
    All Dutch beers taste terrible

Craft beer or locally brewed beer does not taste better than the leading mass market brands, not ever, apart from the below.

even budweiser? pffff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I really, really enjoyed reading Peig in school. Still have my copy of it on the shelf, well over 20 years later. I never understood why everybody hated it so much:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

To me that's like saying a mcdonalds beef patty is the same as a rare fillet steak. Entirely subjective of course, but were your tastebuds burned off as a child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

krudler wrote: »
    even budweiser? pffff

that's not beer, it's got rice in it so fails the test :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Generalisations are a lazy take on things but are for the most part true.

Women like bastards, shopping and are worse drivers than men.
    Men are narrow minded, cannot multi-task and lack apathy.
    black people are good dancers and athletes.
    Irish people drink too much and have low self esteem.
    Jewish people are tight arses. good with their money.
    red headed people are fiery

and so on....

there's an element of truth in every stereotype

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

73Cat wrote: »
    I really, really enjoyed reading Peig in school. Still have my copy of it on the shelf, well over 20 years later. I never understood why everybody hated it so much:confused:
    Burn the witch. Burn them!!
    I would have thought the last part would be a good thing...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Oh, I see we have what I like to refer to as a hipster atheist....

...don't believe in God but too cool and different to all those other atheists....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I believe that abortion as a form of contraception is nothing less than murder. On After Hours this makes me a backward, woman-hating prehistoric luddite.

• Advertisement

I believe that abortion as a form of contraception is nothing less than murder. On After Hours this makes me a backward, woman-hating prehistoric luddite.

you can't prevent conception with an abortion... kinda happens afterward...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Wibbs wrote: »
    Burn the witch. Burn them!!

I would have thought the last part would be a good thing...

It is, thats why we rule the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Did you mean empathy?

Not really bothered either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

bluewolf wrote: »

...you could put up signs on the way to the ovaries ....."any of this (picture of egg being fertilised) and it'll be this (picture of bottle of gin and a coathanger)".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

bluewolf wrote: »

Thank you Mister Pedantic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

I admire Adolf Hitler, Stalin etc.. ... dont agree with all their policies obviously but have Admirations for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

The traditional roles of sexism are being reversed, in the strive to empower women and the feminism movement we have done so to the detriment to men.

In some cases it is quite literally, in a social context and otherwise, one rule for women and another for men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Women are hard work, high mentanence and your problems and feelings are too annoying to stick!

Bar the odd drunken night, I'm good to be done with you!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Been a long while since I did my Leaving cert, a long time indeed

And back then people would be complaining over William Shakespeare and how it was ancient and nobody spoke like that and they should bring in someone modern

Roddy Doyle was one of the most famous writers in Ireland back then so his name was often mentioned.
    Well not many speak like the characters in Roddy Doyles books either or the films they did up in Kilbarrack!

My unpopular opinion is that Shakespeare rocks :cool:
    Maybe I didn't appreciate it until I became older, I still remember a lot of the quotes from Macbeth

It should be on the Leaving Cert and it's a mighty shame if they took it off

Just last night I watched Kenneth Branagh in Henry V and it was a great production

I think this is unpopular so I'll add it to the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Yeboah wrote: »
    I admire Adolf Hitler, Stalin etc.. ... dont agree with all their policies obviously but have Admirations for them

Absolutely!

Aside from the unsavory 6 million Jews thing, Hitler was an economic mastermind, a man capable of pushing through huge reforms.

Stalin and his forced migration policies has created one of the most beautiful populations on earth. The woman in Russia and eastern Europe are stunning, owing largely to great genetic diversity thanks to Stalin.

Huge contrast to the hags we have over here, where the gene-pool stagnates....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement