Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the kids up in the morning.

Options
  • 15-11-2011 8:29am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine in the US has built this for his son for Christmas, I think it's so cool. The sides were formed with a cold-molding technique that used two kinds of mahogany and a lot of epoxy just like a boat :D
    Spiral20Staircase.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"You are not authorised to download this attachment."

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭patg

Wow - that is spectacular. You'd need sopme gaff to carry it off though.
    Looks like a whole load of skill involved in constructing that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I'd love to see the calculations involved. Any idea how long it took to build?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It took him 15 months to build on and off, the slide was built first and installed then the spiral stairs was married to its curvature.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Nice. Double-diagonal planking, isn't that what they call it? I bet he used oceans of epoxy. An expensive staircase!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nice. Double-diagonal planking, isn't that what they call it? I bet he used oceans of epoxy. An expensive staircase!

He used 30 gallons of epoxy :eek: and Yep he is pretty handy with the double-diagonal planking here is a video of his stunning boat build.
    https://sites.google.com/site/midnightcryproject/

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Ah yes, the Glen-L Riviera....would love to build one but could never afford the epoxy! I built a smaller version, only took about two gallons of epoxy if I remember correctly. http://one.xthost.info/boatbuilder/boat/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

fergal.b wrote: »
    He used 30 gallons of epoxy :eek: and Yep he is pretty handy with the double-diagonal planking here is a video of his stunning boat build.
    https://sites.google.com/site/midnightcryproject/

150 litres of epoxy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If building a slide, make sure the run off at the bottom is horizontal. :)

I suppose if they don't want to get up you just stick them on the slide anyway and see how the adrenelin kicks in over the next two seconds. :)

Advertisement