Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some good Sweets & Chocolate Deals at Tesco

• 15-11-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

I noticed over the last couple of days that Tesco appear to have some sweets and chocolate items marked at lower prices with lots of them on white stickers which makes them harder to spot. Below are some I noticed.

Note: There were lots more items reduced. I noticed that though they were on a white shelf sticker they had a black X marked on the top of the sticker and this made it easier to spot them.

(Mind the Waist Line)

Polo Mints (Sugar Free 3 pack) 57c
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

Cadburys Fudge Bar (single) 14c
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

Tic Tacs Fresh Mint 4 Pack 57c
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

Starburst Variety 4 pack €1.15
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

Skittles 4 pack €1.15
    Skittles_Rainbow_4_Pack.jpg

There were lots more items reduced. I noticed that though they were on a white shelf sticker they had a black X marked on the top of the sticker and it was easy enough to spot them with this.

These ones were marked in yellow price tags:

Jungle Jellies from the Natural Confectionery Company - 180gm bag - 86 cent and buy one get one free, working out at 43c each.
    Jungle-Jellies-180g-_0020_NEW_0020_10000573.jpg

5 Packs of Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles €1.25 (approx, not sure exact price)
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

5 Packs of Rowntrees Fruit Gums €1.25 (approx - not sure exact price)
    Fruit-Gums-Chocolates-to-Hyderabad.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Tried tic tacs and fudge. Fudge was marked down* but tic tacs weren't.

*Correction: Not actually marked as reduced, but scanned as reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

which store was it? The Clare Hall store has loads of similar "offers", some on white stickers, some on yellow, though they don't appear to be offers as such, rather "reduced to clear".
    All the Aíne chocolate bars and the Divine chocolate bars are around 1 euro (the Divine milk is actually 60 something cents). They also have Lindt double milk chocolate bars for 1.02€. The Tesco Finest caramel chocolate is 72 cents.
    Didn't check the sweets, I don't eat them, I'm only a chocoholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Selling 4 x Icebergers for €1.10 too.

Daycent value considering one of them would cost about that on their own in some places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

cson wrote: »
    Selling 4 x Icebergers for €1.10 too.

Daycent value considering one of them would cost about that on their own in some places.

I bloody love icebergers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

also
    Barratt I Love Sweets 315G Bag Reduced from €2.35 to 58c

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Contains:
    Dip Dab - Lemon Flavour Sherbet Dip with a Strawberry Flavour Lolly
    Dolly Mix - Assorted Fruit Flavour Fondant and Jelly Sweets
    Refreshers Gums - Fruit Flavoured Gums with a Sour Sugar Coating
    Frosties- Kola Flavour Hard Candy with a Shewy Centre
    Frosties - Fruit Flavour Hard Candy with a Chewy Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just as well that all these sweeties will be sold out by the time I get to a Tescos!! I can resist everything except temptation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

siber wrote: »
    Jungle Jellies from the Natural Confectionery Company - 180gm bag - 86 cent and buy one get one free, working out at 43c each.
    Jungle-Jellies-180g-_0020_NEW_0020_10000573.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on these! Enjoying some right now. All the boxes on shelf were empty, but I found some hidden behind other gummies. Maybe I found someones secret stash. Either way I'm happy and their stash is gone! :pac:

siber wrote: »
    also
    Barratt I Love Sweets 315G Bag Reduced from €2.35 to 58c

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Contains:
    Dip Dab - Lemon Flavour Sherbet Dip with a Strawberry Flavour Lolly
    Dolly Mix - Assorted Fruit Flavour Fondant and Jelly Sweets
    Refreshers Gums - Fruit Flavoured Gums with a Sour Sugar Coating
    Frosties- Kola Flavour Hard Candy with a Shewy Centre
    Frosties - Fruit Flavour Hard Candy with a Chewy Centre

They had loads of these in Midleton earlier, marked on the shelf at full price but scanned at the 58c. The children were delira and excira with them:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

these bad boys were 48c when I was in there tother day

harmp-bagPROC1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

these bad boys were 48c when I was in there tother day

harmp-bagPROC1.jpg

They were 44c today!

• Advertisement

my bad, getting forgetful in my old age :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Tesco Finest Organic Dominican Republic 70% Plain Chocolate was half price down from €1.99 to €99. One for the slightly more discerning sweet tooth.

Morf wrote: »
    down from €1.99 to €99. One for the slightly more discerning sweet tooth.

and the slightly deeper wallet

and the slightly deeper wallet

99cents for a very decent chocolate, you find it expensive? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

not called "the groutch" for nothing, methinx...:D

Nanazolie wrote: »
    99cents for a very decent chocolate, you find it expensive? :confused:

have another look at Morf's post

have another look at Morf's post

No, sorry. Even at 1.99€, it's still better value than the reference brand, Lindt, which is 2.39€ and not even fairtrade or organic (and not the best, if you ask me). Plus it's on special, or reduced, or mispriced, whathever, at 99 cents, so it's a great value. I know you can buy 70% chocolate for 1.19€ at Lidl or Aldi, but believe me, the Tesco Finest chocolates are top range and worth spending a little extra on. I would rather eat a little less and buy the better quality than the cheapest in this case.

But it doesn't matter because after my trip to Tesco today, there will be none left :D

€99 a bit saucy alrite..

damian139 wrote: »
    €99 a bit saucy alrite..

Ah, I got it :D A bit slow, I guess...:o
    They still have them in Tesco Clare Hall, marked 1.99€ and scanned 99 cents.
    No sweeties left and all the great value chocolate bars gone but this one and the Aíne milk chocolate.

Scanning at full price in ballybrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Was at Tesco Mahon Point this evening - the large (230g) Golden Crisp prices are even better - now €1.32 each plus "3 for 2" - i.e. 88c each. (got 6 - yummm) - lots left.
    Most of the other yellow edge-label deals were sold out though.

Had a few 4 packs of Crunchies left for €1 I think.

No sign of Icebergers :mad:

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Was at Tesco Mahon Point this evening - the large (230g) Golden Crisp prices are even better - now €1.32 each plus "3 for 2" - i.e. 88c each. (got 6 - yummm) - lots left.
    Most of the other yellow edge-label deals were sold out though.

Had a few 4 packs of Crunchies left for €1 I think.

No sign of Icebergers :mad:

Tesco Baggot Street had the Cadbury's Wholenuts large bars (230g) at 1.30, buy 3 for 2.

Got 3 bars of the Golden crisp earlier, 690g of chocolate for €2.46 Yummy. Not sweeties or chocolate but 6 pack (bottles) of Lucozade were half price at €2.29. And the big tins of chocolate are €5.

I fear a conspiration.... Tesco will start sending flyers for their diet programs next :D

Celebrations and Quality Street cartons (the 400 odd grammes) were 2.50 yesterday in Baggot street

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

Green & Black's Maya Gold is E1.51 in Longford, about half price. All other flavours are E3.19. The bar has a blue dot on it. I picked up five of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Tesco Baggot Street had the Cadbury's Wholenuts large bars (230g) at 1.30, buy 3 for 2.

Did you buy some?
    I tried in Tesco Jervis and they're 2.48 each.

mathie wrote: »
    Did you buy some?
    I tried in Tesco Jervis and they're 2.48 each.

Yes, bought 3 for 2.60 in total. Great deal. However, they were marked at 1.30 in Tesco Clare Hall today but scanned at 2.48, I didn't take them. Would I have had the time, I would have taken them and complained and got a double refund on the difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ginam

Just thought that I'd like to share some 'mal' experience I had in Tesco's Dundrum store last xmas eve.

As usual, I was picking up a few last minute items on the day and after I'd passed through the checkout and then checked my receipt, I noticed that I was charged 4.99 for cranberry sauce when I thought that the price on the shelve was about 2 euros. (I can't remember the exact price but there was more than double the price I was expecting). Anyway, I went back to the shelve in the store to check and what I saw was jars and jars of Ballymaloe Cranberry sauce only with the price on the shelve for Tesco's cranberry sauce! I had seen the price for Tesco's own brand but that product didn't exist on the shelve. The only cranberry sauce was the much more expensive Ballymaloe product and its price was nowhere to be seen.

This may have been a natural mistake by Tesco's but I can't help feeling it may well have been deliberate to capitalise on the natural hurry that accompanies shopping on the day before xmas.

My advise is to take the extra few seconds to check not only the price but the brand of the product as well. God only knows how many shoppers were charged more than they thought on this particular day last year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

As pointed out, Toblerone dark 100g is 12c.
    Bought 19, that's 1.9kg of choc for €2.28 :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement