Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children in Need - this Friday

Options
  • 15-11-2011 9:56am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just spotted that this is on on Friday.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/children-in-need-2011-update-28153.htm
    The official Doctor Who Twitter account has dropped some hints on this year’s Children in Need tie-in and it sounds like there could be more than just a preview of 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special to look forward to.

They tweeted:
    “There’s an extra special treat for Doctor Who fans on Friday’s Children in Need… Or at least there will be if things go according to plan!”

“Hurray! Things ARE going according to plan! Steven Moffat’s mini-script has just hit the in-boxes of a lucky few… Must look over shoulders…”

“Great! We can confirm that Matt Smith will be back in the bow-tie soon because the Doctor returns on Friday night in Children in Need.”

“We’ve seen the short script and it is NOT what you’d expect. Oh, it’s funny and fast and Doctorish and brilliant… but not what you’d expect…”

“Not what you’d expect, UNLESS you’re from the future. In which case, wasn’t it good? Talking of the future, we’ll have more news tomorrow…”
    Children in Need 2011 begins Friday 18th November at 7.30pm on BBC One. According to the Radio Times listing, the Doctor Who segment will be shown sometime between 8pm-8.30pm.

Probably something akin to last year's one. I'm looking forward to the Christmas Special trailer as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well.. that was underwhelming!

Not even the Christmas episode trailer did much for me!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Looking forward to the Eastenders bit in 10 mins.
    I know, I'm sad. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I like the trailer, the skit was plain daft though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Put your clothes back on, there are children watching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it was no Time Crash, that's for sure :(

Still though, good chance to watch the trailer for the xmas episode, which going by the visuals is clearly doing some wholesale - uhm - 'borrowing' from CS Lewis' novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Well that was ...meh. I walked away from all that with only one thought, 'BILL BAILEY!!!!', which given it was preceded by Matt Smyth in suspenders really tells you how 'meh' is was...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ironically, the bit at the start of the National Television Awards was way better. "Terrifying race, the Weatherfieldians"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Bill Bailey? Coolaboola :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The outfit is up to £30K on eBay.

I wonder is nudey Matt Smith included in the price? :P

Still though, free postage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement